Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    hey eggz, why dont you eat a dyck. u fvckin piece of shit. anxiety with a first cycle is pretty normal . u dont like it leave , leave this board and this forum. this board is about helping others out. i doubt what im experiencing now is anxiety.

I hate people who fake rage.

Stop fake raging....damn that's annoying.

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    fake raging? ha ha. thats funny. far from it, im the same now as i was before i started my cycle. no rage here at all. i vented because i didnt appreciate him being a smartass when i had a legitimate question as a first time user. this is still all new to me being that im only 3 weeks in. i studied up before using for sure, but you really dont know until you do it. and when you experience things your not use to experiencing with your body you question yourself if its something that is common with other people.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    jdh, do a lot more reading before you move on. your symptoms are not normal.

jdh
    hey drummer. after reading a bit on the effects test can have on your prostate i think i could be experiencing that. ive picked up some saw palmetto so ill give that a few days. if that seems to help i think its safe to say thats probably what it is.

500mg/wk is not a lot of test to be giving you this many sides... it may have just aggrevated a problem that you already had and didnt know about. Start taking the finast/proscar & palmetto for the prostrate....but if the side are that bad go see a doctor and let him tell you what you need to do.

Aspirin is an inexpensive way to thin out your blood, but let a doctor tell you that and what dose would be right

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    The prostate is at issue with AAS due to the large number of androgen receptors on it. There has been no study I have been able to find that links test to BPH or prost cancer, but it is well documented that if existing prostate cancer is exposed to test then it will grow exponentially. Due once again to the large number of AR on the prostate. Interestingly, it has been shown as someone already stated that most BPH and cancer occurs in men who have reached an age where they have diminishing test levels. And also that in men who maintain higher test levels in their later years a lower occurence of cancer. But paradoxically test will cause an active tumor to go into overdrive. So the jury is still out, but there is nothing wrong with a young man getting his PSA level tested, esp if experimenting with AAS.

jdh
    sounds good shortie. if the saw palmetto doesnt mellow it out ill go get it checked.

kungen1234 is offline Junior Member
    im not totally sure about this but i was just looking through my third edition of the steroid bible. it states that the prostate is a target tissue for anabolics. it also states that treatment for prostate cancer usually involves reducing or completely blocking testosterone production. which tells me that for some reason or another your prostate has a reaction to test.
    Yes, CANCER, cancer is not the same as benign prostate growth. Cancer is out of control benign growth where the DNA has been modified so that they will split and divide indefinitavely, that is the condition we know as cancer. Cells that divide themselves uncontrollably. As you can understand the new cells share the same modified DNA that tells them to divide themselves, so there is an exponential factor here. Since testosterone tells ALL cells to increase proteinsynthesis and thus speeds up the cells dividing it is BAD to administer testosterone to cancerpatients.

Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    The prostate is at issue with AAS due to the large number of androgen receptors on it. There has been no study I have been able to find that links test to BPH or prost cancer, but it is well documented that if existing prostate cancer is exposed to test then it will grow exponentially. Due once again to the large number of AR on the prostate. Interestingly, it has been shown as someone already stated that most BPH and cancer occurs in men who have reached an age where they have diminishing test levels. And also that in men who maintain higher test levels in their later years a lower occurence of cancer. But paradoxically test will cause an active tumor to go into overdrive. So the jury is still out, but there is nothing wrong with a young man getting his PSA level tested, esp if experimenting with AAS.
    Duh? Cancer grows exponentially, thats the disease. Cancer is where the DNA has been modified so the cell has no control over its own growth and die rate. As it divides itself the new cell gets the same DNA with uncontrollable multiplying function. As more cells forms the rate at which new "cancer" cells forms increases exponantially.

Testosterone binds to the receptor in your cell, goes inside your nucleus and activates correlating genes increasing proteinsynthesis, thus INCREASING THE RATE AT WHICH CELLS DIVIDE AND MULTIPLY. Basically if cancer exists, anywhere in the body testosterone WILL make it worse, or in other words it will speed up the process faster towards death.

BTW PSA tests are unreliable, men who have normal values have been shown in autopsy's to have bad cases of prostatecancer.

Most sites say that Testosterone is believed to be the cause of prostatecancer, however this is an illogical statement. For the simple fact that AGE plays a huge role in developing prostatecancer. Fact is most cases are in males above 55yrs old. An also common known fact is that testosterone levels have greatly diminished by that time. If it was a logical statement that testosterone caused prostatecancer we would see MORE of it in teenagers and young men as their T-levels soar at an early age. Thus testosterone is simply an aggresor of already existing cancer.

So what causes prostatecancer?
    One popular theory is that lowered levels of testosterone as you age, combined with relatively high estrogen levels in the body cowork with DHT being formed around the prostate, the DHT in turn binds locally to the prostate and the prostate alone and acts anabolic on ONLY the prostate. Thus that way creating cancer somehow or abnormal growth.

jdh
    so being that im only 24 there is a very slim chance i could have prostate cancer, right?

so being that im only 24 there is a very slim chance i could have prostate cancer, right?
    Exactly, in fact if youre on juice your hormonal profile should be the opposite of that of a 60yr old male

jdh
    thats a bit of a relief. im still monitoriing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by kungen1234
    Duh? Cancer grows exponentially, thats the disease. Cancer is where the DNA has been modified so the cell has no control over its own growth and die rate. As it divides itself the new cell gets the same DNA with uncontrollable multiplying function. As more cells forms the rate at which new "cancer" cells forms increases exponantially.

Testosterone binds to the receptor in your cell, goes inside your nucleus and activates correlating genes increasing proteinsynthesis, thus INCREASING THE RATE AT WHICH CELLS DIVIDE AND MULTIPLY. Basically if cancer exists, anywhere in the body testosterone WILL make it worse, or in other words it will speed up the process faster towards death.

BTW PSA tests are unreliable, men who have normal values have been shown in autopsy's to have bad cases of prostatecancer.
    I was merely making the point that existing prost cancer is greatly affected by test, which is why most traditional prostate cancer is treated by reducing test levels. And as for you claim that anywhere in the body that test is present it will increase the spread of cancer, back it up, tell me about how test affects melanoma and make it grow exponentially, not just allowing it to grow by downregulating white blood cells, but actually instigates the cancer to grow, as you have instigated me to rebut. Also, PSA test are not 100%, but have been shown to be significant indicator of prastate condition in a large percentage of individuals.
    Last edited by shortie; 10-28-2005 at 01:36 PM.

Also, Kungen, if you have something intelligent to contribute to the conversation we will always appreciate it, but especially if you don't start with an insult. Never one to fail to admit when I am in the wrong, I can take opposing view and try to learn from it, but insults from someone I don't know pisses me off. Thanks.

supersteve Guest
    I have this problem. Get up 3-4 times per night to pee.
    But between the time i go to bed at 11pm and when i wake up at 8pm I lose 11lbs, every night without failure. So there's a lot of water to get rid of.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Flaxseed helps prostate health.

Quote Originally Posted by supersteve
    I have this problem. Get up 3-4 times per night to pee.
    But between the time i go to bed at 11pm and when i wake up at 8pm I lose 11lbs, every night without failure. So there's a lot of water to get rid of.
    Jesus, do you drink 5 gallons of water a day. They weigh about 8 lbs each, so you drink about 1.5 gallons before you go to bed?

mranak is offline Associate Member
    im experiencing signs of high bp
    ..and you BP is what? Monitor it if you aren't already.

jdh
    Quote Originally Posted by mranak
    ..and you BP is what? Monitor it if you aren't already.
    umm...duh

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    im not totally sure about this but i was just looking through my third edition of the steroid bible. it states that the prostate is a target tissue for anabolics. it also states tha treatment for prostate cancer usually involves reducing or completely blocking testosterone production which tells me that for some reason or another your prostate has a reaction to test.
    This is a load of shit, I can show you many studies which prove the opposite. When you think about it logically how can it be true. Test levels drop off as you get older, so how can more test cause a problem when enlargement occurs in most men from 50 onwards when there test levels are seriously declining. The actual culprit now appears to be Estrogen from all the studies I have looked at, which makes sense as yuour Estrogen levels rise as you get older.. I actually have an enlarged prostate and I have done alot of research on this.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kungen1234
    Does anybody know WHY steroids cause benign prostate growth?
    Isnt it believed that most males over 60 suffer from benign prostate growth?
    Isnt it also a known fact that males testosterone levels drop to young females levels around that age?

How in the hell does excessive testosterone cause bening prostate growth?
    Most prostatic enlargement is due to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a problem that bothers men increasingly with advancing age. The process of BPH generally begins in a man's 30s, evolves very slowly and usually causes symptoms only after he has passed the half-century mark.

In BPH the normal elements of the prostate gland grow in size and number. Their sheer bulk may compress the urethra which courses through the center of the prostate and impedes the flow of urine through the urethra from the bladder to the outside. The urethral compression leads to urine retention and the need for frequent urination. If severe enough, complete blockage can occur.

DHT is responsible for BHP
    The medical therapy of BPH includes drugs such as finasteride (PROSCAR) and terazosin (HYTRIN). The prostate enlargement in BPH is directly dependent on dihydrotestosterone (DHT), the principal androgen hormone in the prostate. Finasteride (PROSCAR) blocks the enzyme needed to make DHT and so lowers blood and tissue DHT levels and helps reduce the size of the prostate. Terazosin (HYTRIN) belongs to a class of drugs called alpha-1 blockers which relax the smooth muscle of the prostate and the bladder neck. Relaxing these muscles helps relieve the urinary obstruction caused by the enlarged prostate.

O.M.E.G.A is offline Douche Bag
    it could be do to insulin issues

the balance can be altered with AAS use and diet, and for some it can cause excess Urination

IronMan401 is offline New Member

urinating

I have the same problems and when i went to the doc he said it could be from the steroids to much caffiene,alcohol,and spicy foods he gave me uroxatrol a med that supposedly shrinks the prostate but once in a while i still have the problem the feeling gets so bad i cant sleep, after i go it still feels like i have to is the problem you are having?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information