TheArtist is offline Member

May have a problem

So today, i injected in my delt... everything is cool..
    I'm about to dispose of the syringe, when i pull back on the plunger and notice a big piece of stopper and little pieces of the stopper in the syringe...So immediately, i think... well maybe they're too big to pass through the needle. I draw up some water and shoot it back out into my hand, to see if any would pass through, and it did.. SO.. i'm almost positive i injected a little piece, or several pieces.. into my shoulder...... i'm using a 23g to inject...
    am i facked? in terms of infection and abcesses and so on?

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtist View Post
    So today, i injected in my delt... everything is cool..
    I'm about to dispose of the syringe, when i pull back on the plunger and notice a big piece of stopper and little pieces of the stopper in the syringe...So immediately, i think... well maybe they're too big to pass through the needle. I draw up some water and shoot it back out into my hand, to see if any would pass through, and it did.. SO.. i'm almost positive i injected a little piece, or several pieces.. into my shoulder...... i'm using a 23g to inject...
    am i facked? in terms of infection and abcesses and so on?
    OMG fuk man that sucks, was it an old syringe or something, because that is extremely odd... Did your gear melt the stopper/plunger maybe lol?!? What does it feel like when you feel ur delt, do you feel any bumps or tiny things in there?

nah,it's not warm, no lumps or bumps or anything yet. I suppose i'll know in a day or two..... The only thing i can think of, is maybe it was an old syringe... but hell. I'VE only had them for 5-6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtist View Post
    nah,it's not warm, no lumps or bumps or anything yet. I suppose i'll know in a day or two..... The only thing i can think of, is maybe it was an old syringe... but hell. I'VE only had them for 5-6 months.

hmm strange ive had mine for way longer ... I dunno bro.. best of luck thou hope it all sorts itself out.. i use the THERUMO (spelling?? ) brand syringe, works really well (if there IS any difference between brands in first place!)

hobbs9963 is offline Associate Member
    That sucks. If anythings in there you'll know tomorrow or day after at the latest i would think. A buddy of mine got an infection and he knew it the day after. His ass was all knotted up and had to sit on his left cheek. Finally had to come clean with the doc.

i don't mind telling the doc what's going on.. just as long as they don't have to cut a chunk of muscle out of my shoulder... i don't have much to spare!

No One Knows is offline Senior Member
    Did you preload the syringes?

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    If you happen to go to the doctor just say you injected b12.

nope, i read a long time ago, that preloading them "could" result in the stopper breaking down, so i didn't do it.

I duno then... Like hugo said if you do have to end up going to the doc tell him you shot b12.

Quote Originally Posted by hugovsilva View Post
    If you happen to go to the doctor just say you injected b12.
    not a bad idea. at least it would save me the "steroids are bad" lecture.

It would likely save you more than that...

He would put that shit down in ur charts and it could lead to probs with healthcare providers wanting to cover you...Def don't mention steroids .

Quote Originally Posted by No One Knows View Post
    It would likely save you more than that...

He would put that shit down in ur charts and it could lead to probs with healthcare providers wanting to cover you...Def don't mention steroids.
    ah, never thought of that. interesting. thanks!

well, it's been over 24hrs and no swelling or tenderness, or warmth... i think i may be in the clear.

aer_vlad is offline Junior Member
    That sounds scary. I hope your okay.

Anyways, for an excuse at the doctors office, why would you be injecting yourself with b-12. I'm pretty sure a doctor would ask why. What do you say then?...you hate pills and love needles? lol

you can take b12 pills or sublingual but it doesnt do shit. injecting b12 is the only effective way to use it.

hobbs9963 is offline Associate Member
    At least you're ok.(hopefully) My buddy told his doc the truth. It would of been very difficult for him to convince the doc otherwise. Anyway, he had a chunck of his ass taken out, but it didn't stop him for long. Good to hear you're ok bro.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    As a FYI, EO has been reported to cause some problems with certain filter media and supposedly the stoppers in syringes.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    If anyone wants to give the info a look, Google the terms ethyl oleate+rubber

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

even if that were the case, i can't imagine it would make it breakdown in a matter of seconds.
    but anyway, i got some new syringes and pins today, and dumping the old ones... no way i'm gonna chance it again.
    thanks for the input fellas.

Thread Information