Jay1122 is offline New Member

Unhappy Trying to slim down stomach

Hey I need to slim down my stomach and I was told not to do any abs, until I can see that my stomach has trimmed down from cardio and dieting. The guy told me that if I do ab exersises its will be harder to burn off the fast because the muscle will be there, is this true?

drak is offline Associate Member
    I heard the muscle helps burn the fat? This is new to me, someone please elaborate. I'm in the same boat brotha.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay1122
    Hey I need to slim down my stomach and I was told not to do any abs, until I can see that my stomach has trimmed down from cardio and dieting. The guy told me that if I do ab exersises its will be harder to burn off the fast because the muscle will be there, is this true?
    Doing abs will build muscle..yes
    Will it make burning fat harder? No!

That guy fed you a roll of bull

~Narkissos

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Well, your body runs off of sugar for its energy in a way. i believe that this comment is BS, but to each his own. Persoanlly i would cut out the sugar in my diet and eat more protein. For abs, i have found that body resistance training does nothing for your abs. But that may be just me. If you do weighted ab exercises, you will notice good results. And for the persona who told you this, if you dont do abs, your not usually going to loose the fat that is there. Exercise burns fat brotha.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I would say the opposite is true. When you increase muscle mass your metabolism will in turn speed up making weight loss easier. The more muscle mass you get the more calories your body will burn for maintenance, that guy is a total moron, and you should tell him so.

-Bino

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    sounds like that guy has things ass backwards.... the more muscle u have the more fat u will burn even at rest.....

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    that guy is totally retarded. doing abs doesn't burn fat faster than working any other muscle group of similar size, but it sure does burn calories and that means fat loss.

Montgomery

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    Ab work for making your abs stronger is usefull.. but if you have fat over your abs cardio and diet are about the only real answers to this. I knew a guy who used to train his abs and Ob's ALL the time.. with heavy weight.. what he got in result was fat roll looking abs and over sized Ob's Moderation i belive is the key to good abs. Over doing it can cause problems "ie too much weight" Cardio, diet and light very tight ab work from my experience is the key.

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    Im having the same problem, so i upped my cardio to burn off more fat...And Im continuing my ab exercises as normal....

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    is this guy serious ?

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Ask him if he thinks fat turns to muscle - then you'll know he is a moron.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Doing abs will build muscle..yes
    Will it make burning fat harder? No!

That guy fed you a roll of bull

~Narkissos
    I should say he did. Who is this guy? I hope he doesn't get paid for his advice. The more muscle you have the less fat you have... let me explain:

Gaining strength will also increase the amount of bodyfat that is burned. The more muscle weight you gain, the more fat you will burn, and the more muscle strengh you gain, the more efficient your muscles are at buring fat. It is possible to be very strong and not have a lot of muscle. That's why you may see some skinny guy that is extremely strong out bench sonmeone a lot bigger than he. He has a lesser amount of fat because his muscles are strong and therefore efficient at fat burning.

Anyway.... do the abs!!

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I guess that guy was probably born yesterday. Maybe you should invite him to this forum or get him a Flex or bodybuilding magazine.

jws88 is offline New Member
    I would say the opposite is true. When you increase muscle mass your metabolism will in turn speed up making weight loss easier. The more muscle mass you get the more calories your body will burn for maintenance, that guy is a total moron, and you should tell him so.

-Bino I would ask this guy 4 advice from now on

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    DNP did wonders in losing belly fat. I liked it and you might too...

Thread Information