Thread: Am I a WUSS?

Hard Head is offline Member

Arrow Am I a WUSS?

Popped my cherry last night. Fack, my hands were shaking while I was pushing on the plunger and I couldn't see the juice in the syringe. After what seemed like 30 seconds, I figured I must have gotten all of it in and yanked the thing out of my quad. Damn, only 1/2 way done so I just moved over 3/4 of an inch and jabbed that fvcker right back in, aspirated again and finished the shot. No blood other than a drop, maybe 2 after I pulled the needle out.

Ok so while I was pushing on the plunger, my hand was freaking SHAKING, man, like I was a spaz or something. Didn't feel anything last night, I mean like butter. Today a little stiffness. I went to do my cardio this afternoon and whoa, pretty sore/stiff. I got through 45 min on the step mill but man am I sore/stiff in my quad. Did I mess up my quad by all that shaking around while the needle was in? No redness, no heat, just feels TIGHT and sore, almost like a deep bruise.

If it matters - 250mg brand name test cyp from the corner pharmacy, 1" 25ga pin. Oh yeah I also iced for about 2 min before the shot, didn't feel a thing at all when the needle went in.

So am I a freaking wimp or what? Are there any further precautions that I need to consider in the future? Is this a normal amount of stiffness (well in the scheme of things anyway) or did I carve up the middle of my quad?

Last q. If I hit the lower middle part of my quad this week, should I hit the upper middle next weeK?

CFH
    CFH is offline Associate Member
    holy shi_t bro, you need to go to the ER immediately!!!!

CFH
    CFH is offline Associate Member
    be a man. nothing is wrong. the more you do it, the more comfortable you will get with it. i would shoot somewhere else other than your quad next time. if you only did 250 mg, shoot the opposit quad next time

MJPC is offline New Member
    wow, i thought i was nervous my first time

smiler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Head
    Popped my cherry last night. Fack, my hands were shaking while I was pushing on the plunger and I couldn't see the juice in the syringe. After what seemed like 30 seconds, I figured I must have gotten all of it in and yanked the thing out of my quad. Damn, only 1/2 way done so I just moved over 3/4 of an inch and jabbed that fvcker right back in, aspirated again and finished the shot. No blood other than a drop, maybe 2 after I pulled the needle out.

Ok so while I was pushing on the plunger, my hand was freaking SHAKING, man, like I was a spaz or something. Didn't feel anything last night, I mean like butter. Today a little stiffness. I went to do my cardio this afternoon and whoa, pretty sore/stiff. I got through 45 min on the step mill but man am I sore/stiff in my quad. Did I mess up my quad by all that shaking around while the needle was in? No redness, no heat, just feels TIGHT and sore, almost like a deep bruise.

If it matters - 250mg brand name test cyp from the corner pharmacy, 1" 25ga pin. Oh yeah I also iced for about 2 min before the shot, didn't feel a thing at all when the needle went in.

So am I a freaking wimp or what? Are there any further precautions that I need to consider in the future? Is this a normal amount of stiffness (well in the scheme of things anyway) or did I carve up the middle of my quad?

Last q. If I hit the lower middle part of my quad this week, should I hit the upper middle next weeK?
    always sore next few days, no worries, but i would forget the pre ice. seems that would tighten things up too much, in fact i like to be hot, plus i heat the gear a bit, no prob on injection spot. just rotate but if it's only ew good to go

ironmike250 is offline Associate Member
    I'm not man enuf to shoot my quad. I have a hard enuf time shooting my ass, but it really aint bad!
    Welcome bro!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    hahah i remember my first time and i was just like that. You will be fine....you Pu$$y. With your first cycle you will get really sore its normal. Try taking a hot shower and then shooting, relaxes the muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    hahah i remember my first time and i was just like that. You will be fine....you Pu$$y. With your first cycle you will get really sore its normal. Try taking a hot shower and then shooting, relaxes the muscle.
    ditto, quit the ice bro

DBflash21 is offline Member
    Another quad horror story...not what I want to hear!!! Do you guys have any tips on shooting glutes? position? standing? laying? tips? (Not trying to hijack the thread).

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Yeah, heat always felt SOOOOOOOO good to me if the injection site was hurting. But for one, you probably dulled the pin by shooting then pulling then shooting again. On top of that you said you were shaking, so you probably moved the needle around. This will result in a little after pain thatll last for a few days. Youll be fine though, and happy growing! Oh, one more thing, your muscles are virgins to oil, so adding test to your muscles will kinda "break" them in and youll also have a little pain with that.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Popped my cherry last night.
    Popped your cherry? Hmm, didnt know that could happen to guys.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie

the more you do it, the easier it gets. btw, are you saying this was your first shot of roids ever?

heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member
    Bro
    i just had my first shot on monday and was a little nervous before also. I've taken my second shot and that went quick, so you'll get used to it. As for the soreness, i felt the same way. massaging the area right after the shot helps also

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    ya, massaging and sometimes a hot shower helped me....

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    LOL i was the same exact way shaking around all nervous but went smoothly i also found that massaging the injection site with a deep pressing motion for 2 to 3 mins helped reduced soreness after injection IMO

Thanks guys. I knew I was being a pussy, but wasn't sure how much stiffness I should have. No doubt that needle was moving, more like freaking vibrating. I think I'm going to get some 23ga to maybe speed up the delivery a little so I don't have to push so hard on the plunger. I am laughing at myself. Maybe I'll hit a glute next time, I think I was a little low on my quad....

Yes 1st shot. My liver is gonna thank me.

I figure that if I didn't hit the step mill I would have been in better shape now but you gotta do your cardio.
    Last edited by Hard Head; 02-08-2006 at 08:44 PM.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    23g is a little bit different man. Its a bigger hole. My buddy said it kinda hurt compared to 25g.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. I knew I was being a pussy, but wasn't sure how much stiffness I should have. No doubt that needle was moving, more like freaking vibrating. I think I'm going to get some 23ga to maybe speed up the delivery a little so I don't have to push so hard on the plunger. I am laughing at myself. Maybe I'll hit a glute next time....

Yes 1st shot. My liver is gonna thank me.

I figure that if I didn't hit the step mill I would have been in better shape now but you gotta do your cardio.
    Like before the muscle will get use to it but also the more you move the needle around the worse it will feel. Give it time, you'll be sticking yourself like a crack head. Ummm i still don't know if thats a good thing.

primetime1 is offline Member
    25g are nothing, slin pins i seen girls use. 23 and 22g are both nice and it wont take as much pressure so itll def be faster.. i hit my shoulders eod with 1.5 22g and no issues what so ever.. have fun blowing up!!!

Auto54 is offline Member
    Abuse reported
    Last edited by Auto54; 02-12-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Brent_G is offline Associate Member
    If its that bad practice with a slin pin and bac water haha.

i think its just the point of pushing a needle in your muscle

Geodogg is offline Associate Member
    i was like that too. my hands were shaking/vibrating. lol
    i use a 23g needle for quads. but yeah 25must be really slow.
    i've also shot a 21g needle in my quad. it kinda hurt but it was faster. i think 23 is ideal.

Second shot today, in the glute. Went in, didn't feel a thing. Pushed the juice in, whipped the needle out. We'll see how tomorrow goes but that was a breeze once I got into position.

Thanks for your support by the way and yes I was a wimp the other day but today I'm a champ.

vein-x is offline Associate Member
    I keep hearing the term 'Quad Horror Stories' and wonder why so many people have bad experiences? I would guess because of the many nerves and it's more likely to poke a nerve and send that buzz down your spine, but am I missing something?

I ask because I've been shooting right glute a little too often lately (easy to hit) and it's starting to pinch and sting right when the needle contacts the skin, like I'm shooting into a welt!

My question is.. quad shots are somewhat scary but as with most people I have pretty low bodyfat on my quads. If I load the syringe, break the skin, feel the muscle break and go maybe another 1/8" into the muscle, is that enough to absorb 2.7CC of juice?

As I said my glutes are starting to b*tch at me and it's time to rotate the sites a little more frequently, but I can still feel that buzz/sting from a hit nerve in the quad. Any advice, and can a decent-sized quad hold roughly 2.5-2.7CC of gear? (300mg of both EQ & Enanthate )

madflabby is offline Associate Member
    I felt faint, stood up sweating, then fell down and everything went black for a few minutes my first time. My bro was like WTF? Hasn't happened again since. (Must of been in my head)

Geodogg is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vein-x
    I keep hearing the term 'Quad Horror Stories' and wonder why so many people have bad experiences? I would guess because of the many nerves and it's more likely to poke a nerve and send that buzz down your spine, but am I missing something?

I ask because I've been shooting right glute a little too often lately (easy to hit) and it's starting to pinch and sting right when the needle contacts the skin, like I'm shooting into a welt!

My question is.. quad shots are somewhat scary but as with most people I have pretty low bodyfat on my quads. If I load the syringe, break the skin, feel the muscle break and go maybe another 1/8" into the muscle, is that enough to absorb 2.7CC of juice?

As I said my glutes are starting to b*tch at me and it's time to rotate the sites a little more frequently, but I can still feel that buzz/sting from a hit nerve in the quad. Any advice, and can a decent-sized quad hold roughly 2.5-2.7CC of gear? (300mg of both EQ & Enanthate)
    I like shooting in the quads beacause it's the easiest IMO.

for my last cycle i was shooting deca and Enan twice a week (once a week in each quad) and it went very smooth with no problems.

each shot was 3cc's (250mg of test-E and 200mg deca)
    so yes, i think you should be fine shooting 2.7cc.
    however you need to go deep enough so it doesn't leak much. i think 1 inch is deep enough.

but I would wait for a more educated answer from a more experiensed.
    or maybe you should start a new thread.
    i wanna hear from the more experiensed bro's about this too.
    Last edited by Geodogg; 02-09-2006 at 11:44 PM.

SpiderRico is offline Member
    25s are easy to take and i think should be used by everyone for the first time until they get used to what they like... i prefer 23s cuz its less presure on the plunger you have to press... but bro i would never use the same pin twice.. in how you said you just stuck it right back in i believe once you pull it out you never use that agian i dont care that its your own body once you pull it out it hits the air with bacteria and other crap i would just change the pin

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    welcome to the dark side. we have cookies.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I used 23g on all my last cycle and it sucked for most of them. It was not so bad in my lats but delts and quads we too much. I really like the lat injection site. Of course I can't do it myself (can't reach) so my wife does it.. No pain very little soreness.

I am going to try 25 gauge next time and see if there is any difference.

Oldman

Try injecting every day. That's when your hands will start shaking from the scar tissue pain

Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    I used 23g on all my last cycle and it sucked for most of them. It was not so bad in my lats but delts and quads we too much. I really like the lat injection site. Of course I can't do it myself (can't reach) so my wife does it.. No pain very little soreness.

I am going to try 25 gauge next time and see if there is any difference.

Oldman
    R U Serious? The pharmacies over here don't have anything apart from 21g. The worst pain is injecting the biceps. OUCH.

karln is offline Associate Member
    yes ur a wuss

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toenail Juice Z
    R U Serious? The pharmacies over here don't have anything apart from 21g. The worst pain is injecting the biceps. OUCH.

21G oh sh!t that is huge for anywhere but your arse. At least the gear slides out smoother.

I had a couple of 22g that I grabbed on accident and talk about some pain.. I hate shots.... Can I drink winny?

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    yeah ice will actually constrict the blood in that area, if you want the pain to go away from that heat would be better. get the blood moving. (thats why rubbing your arm usually makes it feel less painfull afterward)

ice is more for injuries to prevent swelling. even though you might have swelling its not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Toenail Juice Z
    dude, you obviously know how to work a computer, order some online. they are cheap as hell, postage will prolly be more than the pins lol

Braveheart04 is offline Associate Member
    I have done 4 shots so far of Test E. The first one was 2 weeks ago, it hasn't bothered me at all. I am married to a nurse though and she gives me my shots!

usamm is offline Banned
    people poppin cherries for first time, using quads? i admire you

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy
    welcome to the dark side. we have cookies.
    LOL!

don't understand it. I moved away from my glutes and went to quads, and I haven't had a problem since. I love the quads. I hated glutes. Am I ****ed up? hahahhahah

omnipotent is offline Banned

yeah i was real shaky too the first time except i did it in the glute .. i always take a hot shower after .. or i just go directly to the gym .. gives me a little boost .. (aggression wise) .. i would switch it up if i was you ...

i would do right quad left quad right delt left delt right glute left glute .. and dependin on ur other injection sites i can do chest or tricep or anything else .

Thread Information