Hey guys, I have been researching the forum for information about any adverse effects that taking the opiated painkiller vicodin(hydrocodone/APAP) may cause while on cycle, because I had to have my wisdom teeth pulled and the only thing that really helped with the pain afterwards was the vicodin prescribed to me. The general concensus I got from most of the threads relating to this subject was that while the hydrocodone does not adversly effect your body or decrease any gains (albeit they are VERY ADDICTIVE and IF ABUSED can negatively affect your lifestyle and cause your commitment to bodybuilding to be greatly impacted), the only negaitive physical aspect I could find was from the secondary ingredient contained in just about all opiated painkillers, acetaminophen(Tylenol). High doses of acetaminophen can cause damage the liver, so add oral steroids to the mix and you're asking for some serious problems (i dont care HOW much milk thistle you take!). So while taking both is definately NOT recommended, if you have no choice but to take painkillers containing acetaminophen while using an oral steroid , here is some information I came across that may help save you liver.

You will need to extract the acetaminophen from the hydrocodone, this is possible because hydrocodone is water-soluable, while acetaminophen is not. To do this, you will need a pill grinder or other blunt object, a glass, a coffee filter, and app. 4 oz. of COLD water. First, grind the pill(s) into a fine powder using a pill grinder or a flat, heavy object. Then place the coffee filter over the glass, and dump the powder into the coffee filter, spread out evenly. Next, pour the water into the coffee filter (make sure the water is COLD as the hydrocodone disolves more quickly in cold water than room temperature), and wait until the water passes through the filter into the glass. The water in the glass will appear a little mirky, that's normal, it is caused by the hydrocodone being disolved into it. Squeeze the filter to wring out as much fluid as you can into the glass, making sure not to tear it as you do. Finally, discard the filter along with the contents (it's just the extracted acetaminophen), stir the fluid in the glass with a spoon, and enjoy your tylenol-free hydrocodone cocktail! It tastes a little chalky but if you're used to drinking 3 or 4 protein shakes a day, that should be no problem!