freeweights495 is offline Junior Member

once you've taken 750mg of test will 500mg still work?

my last cycle i used 750mg of test and 500mg of deca for 12 weeks. some well known guys on a different board told me 750mg of test a week is too high of a dose and said i should use 500mg a week. my question is.... since ive already taken 750, will 500 work for me?

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    yes that should still work for you. A few bros I know have run high doses before, cut back on the next one, then found that they only require a certain amount that works best for theyre body...Everyone is different, but Im sure it would work for you too...

ward065 is offline Member
    i've found personally that i got better gains with 750mg than with 500mg. I do not plan on going higher though anytime soon.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I think a lot of it has to do with how long you take off inbetween cycles. 500mg run too close together won't yield the same results as 500mg run close to 750mg/wk. Hope that makes sense.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by freeweights495
    my last cycle i used 750mg of test and 500mg of deca for 12 weeks. some well known guys on a different board told me 750mg of test a week is too high of a dose and said i should use 500mg a week. my question is.... since ive already taken 750, will 500 work for me?
    Of course it will still work... its a heavy increase in available blood androgens to your system. But 500mg per week won't compare to 750+500 (1250mg per week)... one is a far greater dose...

If your lean weight has gone up since the last time - you can also take advantage your body's increased ability to properly handle an increased dose. Assuming you didn't over due it last time... if you think the dose was too much last time - just run the same again or shave a little off...

The idea that you must always increase is not exactly accurate - there are many variables determining if you need to increase it... and some go way overboard on their first cycle as it is... increasing the weekly androgen burden everytime can put you into an area of greater risk for the benefit...

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I think a lot of it has to do with how long you take off inbetween cycles. 500mg run too close together won't yield the same results as 500mg run close to 750mg/wk. Hope that makes sense.
    Im with him. The longer you wait between cycles, the better.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Warrior, so IYO would you say with increased LBM higher dosages are required to make gains? If so, do you believe this because there might be more receptors because of the increased muscle mass or something to that nature?

omnipotent is offline Banned
    i always do 700 mg of test .. and thats not TOO much .. but theres nothing wrong with 500 mg either ..

thanks guys very helpful info.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Warrior, so IYO would you say with increased LBM higher dosages are required to make gains? If so, do you believe this because there might be more receptors because of the increased muscle mass or something to that nature?
    For several reasons. Increased muscle mass can result in a few factors that would favor increasing the dose - though it is not mandatory. I don't increase everytime - in fact, I will frequently do a moderate (~500mg per week of TE) cycle - goal dependent. But I don't compete at the moment and as such, am not going to take increased doses... I will keep erring on the benefit with minimal risk category...

But back to the point. AAS has a few actions in the body... its interaction with the AR and another important and less known (or discussed) factor: it's crossover binding to gluco-corticoids... it helps block cortisol from breaking down muscle... keeping you anabolic in a non AR mediated fasion. You must remain more anabolic than catabolic to keep gaining... and there are a few ways anabolic steroids help with this.

Increased lean weight will increase your AR - a form of upregulation if you will. Check out this info by Bill Roberts regarding Androgen Receptor Regulation... it will best explain it...

Increased lean mass will also mean you are stronger and as such, causing more destructive, cortisol producing reactions. If you can lift 315 for 10 times - you are causing more stress to your system (especially to organs and such that don't "hypertrophy" with training) then someone who can only do 225 for 10 reps. As such - you have a greater amount of cortisol that needs to be blocked. The human body really doesn't want to run on a V8 - it would rather you keep a more economical V4... so we use drugs and special training and diet techniques to basically ease the body into excepting more and more lean mass... but genetic potential plays a big role here too - with or without AAS...

Its a really complicated subject...

thats good info thanks for the link too bro.

Thread Information