thekidd is offline Junior Member

Does Testosterone stunt growth?

We were having this discussion in my hockey teams locker room yesterday... one kid was saying he will never use Test because it will stunt his growth.... another kid said he used Test when he was 17 and a week after he started the Test he started growing taller and grew 2.5 inches that year, and that was the only time he had a growth spurt through high school...

Does anyone have an explainiation for this?

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    anything that convert's to estrogen may close growth plates not sunt growth

also clomid is a synthetic estrogen which could also close growth plates

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by thekidd
    We were having this discussion in my hockey teams locker room yesterday... one kid was saying he will never use Test because it will stunt his growth.... another kid said he used Test when he was 17 and a week after he started the Test he started growing taller and grew 2.5 inches that year, and that was the only time he had a growth spurt through high school...

Does anyone have an explainiation for this?
    If your body has a minimal conversion of test to estradiol and/or you take AIs then you wont stunt your growth. Androgens promote calcium uptake by the bones and increase GH & IGF-I output, therefore giving a possibility of increasing height. But, just let the 17 year old believe it does stunt growth, as he has no business juicing yet.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    If your body has a minimal conversion of test to estradiol and/or you take AIs then you wont stunt your growth. Androgens promote calcium uptake by the bones and increase GH & IGF-I output, therefore giving a possibility of increasing height. But, just let the 17 year old believe it does stunt growth, as he has no business juicing yet.
    Even without usage of exogenous testosterone , it will eventually cause the growth plates to close. And you are going to have a hard time keeping estradiol down at normal levels during a cycle. For example, consider Arimidex . In males, a dosage of .5mg/day only reduces estradiol by about half. And increasing the dosage to a full 1mg/day makes almost no difference. But a cycle of testosterone, say at 500mg/week, drastically increases estradiol.

So the answer to the original question is that yes, testosterone is responsible (directly or indirectly) for causing the epiphyseal plate closure.

And no, usage of an AI does not eliminate the problem.

Milky87 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Tru dat brudda

Thread Information