dianasaur is offline New Member

Short Dbol cycle - my results

As a long time reader on this board, I wanted to share my recent experience with a short dbol cycle, since I've noticed a lot of debate about oral-only cycles and I think it's always helpful to get actual data from a person's experience rather than simply opinions about what is good and what isn't...

So the basic stats for the cycle:
    BF: 10-11%
    Start weight: 172
    End weight: 178
    Length: 2 weeks, Dbol 30mg/ed
    Strength: Noticable increases in strength in almost every exercise

Dosage: 3 10mg doses spread throughout the day (morning, late afternoon, bedtime)

20mg Nolva ed during cycle
    20mg Nolva ed for 1 week after

Weight 2 1/2 weeks out from cycle: 178
    Strength 2 1/2 weeks out: At or above ending point for every exercise

Now some notes/thoughts on my cycle:
    While on I felt great... very hungry and very energetic at the gym... sex drive was through the roof. For about 1 1/2 weeks after I had a drop in energy and a drop in sex drive, but now I'm basically back to baseline. I don't think I ever dipped below normal, but rather the drop was just noticable since my mood/drive had been elevated.

I should say, however, that I am lucky in that my body responds well to dbol. I have minimal bloat from it, and no noticable side effects (no gyno, etc.) I broke out some, but that was controllable.

In the middle of PCT I got food poisoning for a day, and for about 24 hrs s**t out every ounce of water in my body and drank nothing but Gatorade. Had I not had that problem, I would probably be over 178 now, maybe 179 or 180. But considering how bad it is to have something like that happen during PCT, I kept my results very well.

So, based on this, I would argue that a short dbol-only cycle can be productive if you know that your body responds dbol. Since the time is so condensed (2 weeks!) I had to be in top form every day (feeling good, strong, no sides) and I was. For anyone who can take dbol with minimal sides, I say go for it.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Interesting first post. Why did you decide to do only 2 weeks? I can put on 6 pounds naturally in 7 day is I take creatine, drink tons of water and increase my meals.

Glad you enjoyed it. I would still recommend dbol as a kickstart to other long acting esterd steroids like testosterone enanthate .

Dbol is known to put on a lot of water weight that drys out when you cease using it. It does give massive strenght gains that are a great mental head start while waiting on other drugs to kick in. I usually do not notice anything from dbol until about day 4-5.

chinups Guest
    I would not do any steriod for 2 wks. You will not retain gains.

I am a pro all oral and ahve used dbol /winny together. in 4 weeks you will have lost all gains except some tiny ones. It takes 3-4 days for dbol to kick in so you don't get to enjoy the grat dbol effect for long. 4-5 weeks would be better IMO.

Although it seemed to work for you so who am I

muscle_20 is offline Member
    do you think its worth doing such a short cycle cause your own test will be surpressed after that...i am not to convinced that its really worth it!

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chinups
    I would not do any steriod for 2 wks. You will not retain gains.

I am a pro all oral and ahve used dbol /winny together. in 4 weeks you will have lost all gains except some tiny ones. It takes 3-4 days for dbol to kick in so you don't get to enjoy the grat dbol effect for long. 4-5 weeks would be better IMO.

Although it seemed to work for you so who am I

Did you find your gains keepable ? At what dose and how long did you run this cycle?

goose4..

chinups Guest
    I did winny/dbol

1-4 dbol 30-40 mg range
    winny 3-7 or 8 50 mg eod

It was some time ago. I kept alot of gains after with hard work and diet, also dropped cardio a bit after I came off

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    short heavy cycles do work and the gains are far more keepable than long drawn out cycles, but short low dose cycles dont work well for great muscle tissue gains, muscular growth isn't a linear process? In other words, growth doesn't come at a continuously steady pace.

you cant keep building muscle tissue over long periods of time because weight gain and muscular growth don't happen that way. Not in infants, toddlers, teenagers, or even weight trainers. Instead, weight gain seems to come in spurts or surges. It's amazing how you can train hard and eat very well year round yet only seem to make progress in quick little infrequent spurts of growth even with taking all the AAS compounds the body still gets use to what its taken.

14days of dbol at a low dose wouldnt count for nothing but only slightly water weight, i would think if you have had muscle gains of 6lbs it is through your diet and intense training, but more than likely its water which hasnt dispiersed yet,

but for short heavy cycles if the correct prime is done to the body before the cycle than large muscle tissue gains can be obtained and kept.

goose is offline Banned
    Great post marcus,very true.

goose4..

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    Great post marcus,very true.

goose4..
    No offense goose, but your profile says very little experience "not many" with cycles, is that BS or do you have the experience with your own body to support Marcus' conclusions, and make statments like the one below to newer people?

Chinups has alot of exp. and a great rep here.

To any newbies that read all these "it's great to do all oral cycle threads", please pm the mods or vets to get their input from the vast experience they have with these compounds before you make a final decision.

Nothing wrong with doing an oral cycle for your first time,most would disagree with me here,it will give you an idea whether AAS is for you.
    The two best one`s are:

1 Var and Tbol

2 Andriol and Var

Both will produce good strength gains with nice mass gains.

goose4..
    Last edited by sp9; 02-15-2006 at 07:46 AM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    No offense goose, but your profile says very little experience "not many" with cycles, is that BS or do you have the experience with your own body to support Marcus' conclusions, and make statments like the one below to newer people?

Chinups has alot of exp. and a great rep here.

To any newbies that read all these "it's great to do all oral cycle threads", please pm the mods or vets to get their input from the vast experience they have with these compounds before you make a final decision.
    i agree dbol only cycles are not the best choice i think we all know that, but as for short heavy cycles id educate yourself alittle bit more, they have been around for years Dorain build his body on them, also many top rated BB's on this site know all to well how they work,
    if you do a search you will find plenty of disscussion relating to this theory.

as for this thread dbol for 2 weeks is not the correct way to use gear. imho

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    A two week d-bol cycle is not ideal, ofcourse! But let say you where able to put on 3-4 pounds with muscle, on it(not counting water.). Thats more than an advanced "natrual trainer" could put on in an entire year. And thats only in two weeks....

dianasaur is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    Interesting first post. Why did you decide to do only 2 weeks? I can put on 6 pounds naturally in 7 day is I take creatine, drink tons of water and increase my meals.

Glad you enjoyed it. I would still recommend dbol as a kickstart to other long acting esterd steroids like testosterone enanthate .

Dbol is known to put on a lot of water weight that drys out when you cease using it. It does give massive strenght gains that are a great mental head start while waiting on other drugs to kick in. I usually do not notice anything from dbol until about day 4-5.
    Not sure if I was successful, but I tried to be clear in my post that my gains were not just water weight, since 2 1/2 weeks out from the last dose of dbol I'm at the same weight I finished at. So while I agree that you could gain 6 lbs or so with your creatine/water combo, everything I've experienced so far has led me to conclude my gains were mostly quality gains.

But Vitor, you put it very well when you said in your last post "A two week Dbol cycle is not ideal, of course!" I completely agree, but for the time invested / gains ratio, it worked quite well for me, and as you said, gaining 4 lbs of quality muscle in two weeks isn't too bad.

And regarding the post about newbies asking vets, I agree that it's important to ask around but make sure to ask people who actually have experience with short oral cycles. A lot of guys will dismiss them outright, but they have never tried them and are just basing their opinion on what they've "heard" on the boards.

goose is offline Banned
    sp9-

Nice quote from me,right out of context,please post the thread and let the audience judge right.The thread was on a guy wanting to do an oral cycle only.

goose4..

STB
    STB is offline Junior Member
    For what its worth, my 1st cycle was Dbol only, I gained 16lbs and kept 10, but mine went on for 6 weeks (at low dosages.)

If your training and diet are spot on, you can gain and keep it, but it is not the best way to go about it.

As far as short usage of orals, my last cycle I finished with 15 days of oral winny @ 40mg/day, it was surprisingly effective, but I am sure there was a synergistic effect with the sust I was cycling it with.

Bluesman

sp9
    sp9-

Nice quote from me,right out of context,please post the thread and let the audience judge right.The thread was on a guy wanting to do an oral cycle only.

goose4..
    This was also an oral only cycle thread as well. That's why it was in context.
    My point was you said you had little cycle experience in your profile. Yet in this thread you are saying, "Great post marcus,very true.". All I am asking is are you supporting Marcus' statments based on your own experience? If so please elaborate what you have personally done. For someone to make the statements Marcus made they would need to have experience trying not only what he is suggesting ,but also the alternative so he could compare and contrast the results he spoke about (sounds like he knows what he is talking about). I am not questioning his statements, I am asking what your experience is when you make a comment the just says his conclusions are true.

I am not trying to argue, I am trying to get you to contribute your personal experiences and why you say it is very true. I am interested in the subject and would like to hear about what you have tried. If you have already posted that in another thread, just point me there. I have only done longer cycles, I am here to learn like everyone else. So when someone supports someone else's post with a short statement of agreement, I try to hear more detail so I can have more data for my own decisions.

Thanks.

goose is offline Banned
    sp9-

I have a number of years experience with AAS,when I say "not many" I mean that,compared to the many vets I know who have 20 years experience with AAS.Ow marcus is a guy with 20 years experience too.
    Why I believe in marcus`s post is I (we and many people in the UK) admire and follow the ideology Genius of Paul Borresen,that is what marcus indirectly was talking about.

goose4..

omnipotent is offline Banned
    i think most peoples first cycle was dbol cycle

my first one was 4 week long cycle ... i got about 22 pounds and kept 14

Thread Information