Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive

Went to DOCs 2day very HIGH BP, Need solid advice..VETS?

OK This may get a little long and i may repost in lounge also as i need advice pretty quickly!

so i am in the process to apply to a few police depts locally. and one of the first processes needed to be done is to hand in a release from the doctors office saying that i am capable of taking the physical part of the test.

today i had the appointment to get a physical done and so i went in there. the nurse was a bitch from the start. she took my blood pressure and it was 180/85! i know this is high since i took an emt class. should be around 120/80. she asked me if i am taking any meds or anything that would raise it. i told her no i did say that i just finished working out 45 minutes ago, and i drank a redbull, had my breakfast, shake and creatine. (used creatine as a decoy!)lol.. i told her that i check it myself and i usually sit high around 140/80. all of a sudden she got pretty bitchy and was like theres no way at your age even if you worked out today it would get that high. i said ok. she then starts asking me "are you sure your not taking anything that would cause this"? i said no. i know where she wanted to go with it but i wasnt going to tell her. she hooked me up to an ekg and said there are some inconsistant patterns but its almost normal.

they want me to have blood work done in the morning. she gave me a sheet to bring so i know what they are testing for. i dont know what they mean tho. so im wondering if any of it is because they are curious for steroids or because its just part of the physical. anyone that is familiar with these please comment.

electrolyte panel
    hepatic function panel
    lipid panel
    BUN
    CBC w automated diff
    creatinine, serum
    glucose, serum
    hemoglobin A 1 c
    iron, Serum
    thyroid stim. Hormone
    Urinalysis, Routine
    Urine culture & sensitivity

i wonder if im screwed. so then at the end she took my bp again and it dropped to 160/80. and i was like ya see its dropping. she then says. its still way to high and it should have dropped more then that. i cannot release you until we figure out what is wrong.

heres the deal. i go back on monday morning to check to see if my bp drops lower. if i can get it down to about 130ish i am sure i can talk them into agreeing that the day i went i was really active right before the appointment. heres my plan on getting it down. i always take sunday off from the gym so i scheduled the appointment first thing monday morning. so i wont be too active. i have hawthorne at the house and will take a couple of those each day until then to try to lower it. take 2 aspirin right before bed until i go. midday sunday i am going to switch to eating just fruits and vegetables with lots of water until i go.

what do you guys think? i know im doing it to get the okay on here for the application process but i am aware that if my bp is that high that is my biggest concern that i need to focus on my overall health. i am going to monitor my bp each day and if the hawthorne works i will continue taking while on cycle. today is thurs and i was supposed to inject but im going to wait until after blood work tommarow to do it so that i dont spike any of the blood levels that they are testing.

any serious advice is appreciated. btw i am 8 weeks into t400, deca cycle.

bump for info on bloodwork...

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Are you on any anabolic at this time? This could deff. have an effect on BP.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Are you on any anabolic at this time? This could deff. have an effect on BP.
    For sure. Also, go get some BP lowering drugs from your doc.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Somebody stated on here a week or so ago that Celery Seed extract would help reduce BP, not sure if it's true but may want to look into it. I want to say it might have been Giantz who stated this, if not, my appoligies.

Found the thread, here you are...

Lowering Raised Blood Pressure...
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 02-23-2006 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Somebody stated on here a week or so ago that Celery Seed extract would help reduce BP, not sure if it's true but may want to look into it. I want to say it might have been Giantz who stated this, if not, my appoligies.

Found the thread, here you are...

Lowering Raised Blood Pressure...
    thanks for the thread. it helps a bit on the bp issue. im monitoring it every few hours to see what combination may help catch me at the lowest bp between rest, sleep, food intake and supplements.

omnipotent is offline Banned
    Caffine will raise your BP , dont drink that redbull the day before and the day of the test .. it will def raise your b/p

also .. try some garlic extract and lots of fish oil.

thanks for the inputs guys. yea as i stated at the end of the post i am 8 weeks in. which i know is why it is up there. im really wondering if what they are testing in my blood tommarow is going to show outragous numbers because of the juice.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    The blood tests are pretty standard for screening for any major health issues. To get your measured BP down, try having it done early in the morning without any caffeine (i.e. no red bull). If it's really that high, you need to do something about it. One OTC supplement that supposed to help is hawthorne berry extract. But if it's consistently over 160, you may need to take prescription meds during your cycle. It's worth it to buy a BP measuring meter at your local drug store just so you can monitor it on your own - they're only about $40 or so.

update. i checked my bp first thing this morning and it was 120/80. hopefully i can maintain that into monday

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    first of all make sure that the measuring cuff is big enough.. that can influence.. Many ppl get nervous in similar situations and then their BP is high because of that.. its very common too. Other than that u should keep an eye on ur BP if it is often that high.. If u wanna keep on cycling in that case get meds to lower it (if its still high). Then if u r on week 8 of your cycle it is very likely that many of your values will be a lil off and they might alarm the nurse / doc that u r on juice if they know their business. Your lipid profile will prolly be not that great + also liver values might be a bit off. If I was u I would have gone to that check up after PCT or sumin.. well hope it works out for you..

quick update. just got back from my follow up visit. the doc cleared me to move on to take the physical fitness test. my blood pressure had dropped well enough to go on with it. also blood work came back pretty much perfect tho my cholesterol was a bit high. its a hereditary thing tho. i have had slightly high cholesterol for years now. big sigh of relief...

mrdraco is offline Junior Member
    A diuretic can help with high BP caused by AAS related water retention.

Thread Information