hamann1000 is offline New Member

Wrist injury on cycle, What should I do?

On monday it will be my eighth week into my 500mg/wk t400 cycle. Within the last week I somehow injured my left wrist. I think i sprained it pretty bad but im not sure. It only hurts when im doing bicep curls, when i do hammers its alright. It mainly just hurts when im lowering the dumbelll but its keeping me from getting my left bicep workout in. I planned on running this cycle for 10 weeks and maybe 12 weeks but now im wondering what the best thing to do is. Should I keep on with my cycle as planned for 10 or 12 weeks or should i stop after my either week due to my wrist? It doesnt look like this is going to go away anytime soon. So should I just continue for 10 or 12 weeks as planned or should I stop after the end of my 8th week?

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by hamann1000
    On monday it will be my eighth week into my 500mg/wk t400 cycle. Within the last week I somehow injured my left wrist. I think i sprained it pretty bad but im not sure. It only hurts when im doing bicep curls, when i do hammers its alright. It mainly just hurts when im lowering the dumbelll but its keeping me from getting my left bicep workout in. I planned on running this cycle for 10 weeks and maybe 12 weeks but now im wondering what the best thing to do is. Should I keep on with my cycle as planned for 10 or 12 weeks or should i stop after my either week due to my wrist? It doesnt look like this is going to go away anytime soon. So should I just continue for 10 or 12 weeks as planned or should I stop after the end of my 8th week?

so it only hurt's with bicep curls nothing else ????

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    8 weeks is pretty good.. Start PCT should definetly be an option... This way u'll start your next cycle 2 weeks earlier.. your wrist will get healed. U won't feel like u wasted your time or gear.

not 100% sure on this next point, could be wrong.. but losing water retention by going off, might help take some pressure off the wrist and have it heal faster.
    Last edited by Pooks; 02-26-2006 at 07:17 AM.

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have horrible wrist problems too. Buy a pair of velcro wrist wraps or lifting hooks with the wrist strap. I turn my lifting hooks around so the hooks not int he way and wrap my wrists tight for curls and bench.

If this doesn;t work, do cable biceps with those velcro attachments that wrap around the wrist itself and attach to the end of the cables. some gyms have them, some don't, but you can get them at your local barbell/gym store.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    if it only hurts when training biceps, maybe finish the course with just basic compound exercises

Jnrmrplymouth is offline Associate Member
    Can you still bench press, row and do triceps etc? If its for the sake of 1 exercise then stay on..............just do hammer curls for another 2 weeks.

hamann1000 is offline New Member
    Pretty much it only hurts on the bicep curls and it also does with chest but not as bad. It feels like a old wrist injury when i arm wrestled a friend.

pelly789 is offline Member
    i might know your problem do you do power cleans? this sounds exactly like what i had not that this is your question but..if u wanna know
    Last edited by pelly789; 02-26-2006 at 11:44 AM.

Pretty much it only hurts on the bicep curls and it also does with chest but not as bad. It feels like a old wrist injury when i arm wrestled a friend.
    I hope you didn;t break the small scaphoid bone in your wrist below the base of your palm. This bone has little blood flow and will never heal without surgery. I broke mine and never had it repaired because I didn;t want to miss a season, and now I have to brace it when I do certain lifts and I have arthritis at 26 years old.

If that's the area that hurts, it couldn;t hurt to get it checed out.

hey man ive got the same thing in both arms. going up my forearms from wrists,

i cant do conc curls because of this. Too much weight for you Tendens and Bones. Muscle are a-ok.. Just have to take it easy lightwer weight, different exercises.. truist me. i was a skinny prick b4.. now im curlin over 120 lbs on the bench bar @ 120 on the bar, my forearm/wrist bones get this unbelieveable feeling when i release my grip.. Exact thing as u.. I did 55 lbs hammers yesterday instead. and bent over 1 hand bi curls. try those 2, they dont seem to effect the wrist/forearm. Best of luck, Dont Quit ur cycle. Just lighten it up. my 2cents.
    ghdt

very much the same with me i took a week off arms, and it went back to normal. my second arm workout i got it back. Just gatta push threw it. I dont do Conc curls or standing bar , and if i do, i use them as a burn set lighter weight. Hammers/machine preacher/bent over curls and a burn set of standing bar curls, 80-100 lbs.

also found, strap, gloves, etc dont help, because the pain is when u release from squeezing your hand.

omnipotent is offline Banned
    skotch tape it !

[QUOTE Hammers/machine preacher/bent over curls and a burn set of standing bar curls, 80-100 lbs.

also found, strap, gloves, etc dont help, because the pain is when u release from squeezing your hand.[/
    QUOTE]

Yeah, Like painful kung-fu grip that doesn;t want my wrist and forearms to release the bar and then a searing pain through my lower forearm.

I know, it blows, but what alternative do we have? Get small? I think not.

RichPhilly76 is offline New Member
    Hey guys,
    I had the same thing happen to my wrist while off the last 4 months but since I started my current cycle of 400mg test (12 wks) and Deca (10 wks) ew and 30mg Dianabol for the first 6 weeks, it has started to get "better". It's probably from the Deca causing fluid to deposit in my joints but I hope it's not. I'd rather it have healed and not just feel better. Are you guys on a cycle now and if you are what are you taking?

Serbian_Stallion is offline Junior Member
    I HAVE THE SAME THING...

I been to x-rays and bones are ok,,,the doctor said itmight be tendonds...
    R u doing ez bar bicep excercises? Cause thats the one that makes it muuuuuchhh worse for me.

anyway how did u like t400?

Thread Information