Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    boarder034 is offline Member

Getting fat while on AAS

After some reading, i have come to a small question, could be a simple answer. Heres the situation, When taking AAS, obviousl your body is gaining much faster then its used to, so its taking pretty much any calorie it can get. So does your daily calorie expendenture increase? The reason why i ask is because, when people go on cycles, they sometimes say they gained around the mid section? Now i have 2 opinions on this, is it because of bloat, and then after pct, and the loss of water that they wont seem as bloated, or is it because what they were eating wasnt correct. In my mind if you have a strict diet, high protein, good carbs, and the correct amount of fats, while on AAS, you shouldnt gain any fat, it should all be going to your new found muscles? Or i could be completly wrong, anybody have some good links on this to read up? Or anybody got a straight answer for me?

Thanks Boys

bizzzump

up2itt2003 is offline Junior Member

Hope So

I hope that you are right in that there is alot of bloat. I am 1 shot shy of finishing 10 week of test e and although I know I have gained some sick size overall, I feel like a stuffed sausage through the middle. Good luck and I am going to be watching your thread with anticipation.

JAmes

Well im looking to going on a cycle also soon, and i fought damn hard to get my gut gone, so i am looking forward to have the vets and regulars in here to answer

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    As I stated in your other
    thread, you should wait
    off and gain some natty
    weight.Hard work will
    remove that gut...
    No need to bump your
    own thread after 10min..
    chill out, and read up.

not worried about MY GUT? as you referred to it... pretty happy with my stomach right now, i was making this thread for other people also, it would be beneficial to those who are wondering...

Sorry for asking...

chill out kid... dont
    be sarcastic, I see yoour
    going to be one of "those" guys...

stuball is offline Banned
    Kid is right, how old are you ? ?

those? and what are those kind of guys? i was asking a question that would simply help the thread and you were ready to give me hell for it, the guy above you even was happy that i posted because he was wondering the same thing...

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    Let's get ready to rummmmbbllleeee!

RAF3070 is offline Associate Member
    Boarder034 had some good points in his post, id like to know aswell.

Its a bit unfair to label him as "one of those guys", he only asked.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RAF3070
    Boarder034 had some good points in his post, id like to know aswell. Its a bit unfair to label him as "one of those guys", he only asked.
    I agree, very good questions.

So does your daily calorie expendenture increase?
    Yes!
    This should be obvious by the ability to consume such an increased number, of course the excess is being rerouted to muscle rather that stored as fat.

Now i have 2 opinions on this, is it because of bloat, and then after pct, and the loss of water that they wont seem as bloated, or is it because what they were eating wasnt correct.
    That's accurate.
    The amount however, is dependent upon personal inclinations, and the type of gear employed.

In my mind if you have a strict diet, high protein, good carbs, and the correct amount of fats, while on AAS, you shouldnt gain any fat, it should all be going to your new found muscles?
    That's accurate.
    The proper mix in conjunction with cardio provides well developed muscle. Garbage calories cannot be used, just as trash can’t construct a building. Cardio on cycle is also important partly for muscle quality, partly for fat reduction, but mostly for heart health as AAS taxes your system.

M.

Thank YOU! thats what i truly needed, thank you i appreciate this.

Dodger Blue is offline Junior Member
    I agree, I thought it was some great questions in regard to muscle vs. fat gained.

hopefully other people can learn from this

LB33 is offline New Member
    Isn't a calorie a calorie?...if youre trying to bulk up as long as youre taking in enough protein to fuel your muscles and have your calories high enough..does it really matter what foods it comes from?

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LB33
    Isn't a calorie a calorie?...if youre trying to bulk up as long as youre taking in enough protein to fuel your muscles and have your calories high enough..does it really matter what foods it comes from?
    no because u can eat mcdonalds 6-7 times a day have enough protein/carbs/fat/cals. but u will be fat as shit. u still need to keep an eye on what u eat. i have gained a lil fat while on my cycle because i've been eatin like a muther****er, i think thats why most people gain fat on cycle, cuase its better to eat more then less. gain more muscle and cut later..

heckler45_2000 is offline Associate Member
    Bro it took me a long time to realize diet was the key to a great cycle... I use to be one of those people who just crammed food in their mouth to get as big as possible... Now I always eat clean on cycle and it makes a world of difference... I always end up leaner and bigger each week rather than bloated and fatter...

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder034
    hopefully other people can learn from this
    STFU you little boy(well, if that is you in the avvy... no, little boy also represents your childish attitude)

thats what i thought before, but after doing reading, ive found a calorie isnt a calorie... you think a butterfinger is as good as an apple?

brutesinme is offline Member
    clean foods = clean gains

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brutesinme
    clean foods = clean gains
    Good point bro. A good vitmain is always good. I like to take b12.

STB
    STB is offline Junior Member
    Whoa - I thought I was on EF for a second here

As far as the question - if you don't burn more than what you take in, you are going to gain some fat - with that said, when you are on cycle and want to gain you have to have a calorie surplus if you are going for mass. Along with that will come a few extra pounds. Not a big deal, just cut later on down the line, or even do a lean mass cycle, where your goal is to cut fat and maintain muscle.

You can't gain muscle mass AND not gain a few pounds of fat in the process...on or off. It really can't be done.

Bluesman

brutesinme is offline Member
    Meso, i love your avatar WTF!

how bout you go **** yourself, your gonna ****ing tell me to shut the **** up over the internet, and call me a little ****ing boy cause i asked a question, i forgot how ****ing holy your ass was, when you first started did you ever ask a question? probably not cause your so ****ing perfect arnt you, dumb shit. Seriously you got real ****ing balls to come in to a post that people are actually handing out smart shit and you wanna just throw that in, your a ****ing idiot

how bout you go **** yourself, your gonna ****ing tell me to shut the **** up over the internet, and call me a little ****ing boy cause i asked a question, i forgot how ****ing holy your ass was, when you first started did you ever ask a question? probably not cause your so ****ing perfect arnt you, dumb shit. Seriously you got real ****ing balls to come in to a post that people are actually handing out smart shit and you wanna just throw that in, your a ****ing idiot
    You don't have much of a vocabulary, do you? LMAO... This goes to show you have been banned before since you are just a member since jan06. You are a little boy because of your moronish imbecile lash-outs. You also have zero sense of humor. And you are right about one thing... I got real fvcking balls, big ones, so if you don' STFU I might have to crush you with them. Or at very least tea bag you while you are sleeping. LOL

PS. do yourself a favor and drop that skinny punk ass bitch from that avatar.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    There's a no flame policy here and you just ignored and broke it.

Read the Rules again:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=145582

You've either forgotten what they state, so, I've kindly provided a link to refresh your memory, or you dont want to abide by them.

I appologize for jumpin the gun

no problems to anyone whos willing to help, i wouldnt know anything today, if it wernt for you guys... just some people just gotta learn not to be arrogant...

pitbull27 is offline Associate Member
    I don't think he can.... I think that IS him.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull27
    I don't think he can.... I think that IS him.
    Dang... his hips are as wide as his shoulders... female shaped to go along with the bitchyness.

pitbull27 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Dang... his hips are as wide as his shoulders... female shaped to go along with the bitchyness.

OUCH!!!

noo flame policy, who was the one that told me to stfu first?

noo flame policy, who was the one that told me to stfu first?
    I told you to STFU already... Just kidding I apologize for telling you to shut it. I also apologize for calling you out on being a skinny female shaped boy. I will be the bigger person and let it go. Okay? wanna soda?

more of a water kind of guy, ill take that

muscle_20 is offline Member
    you need to gain some fat in order to gain maximum muscle!
    if your thinking oh oh i cant see my abbs as clearly i better lower my calories then forget ever getting big!do you think that the pro bodybuilders(or any heavly muscled athlete)is allways in the shape that you see in the magazines?!just look at lee priest in the off season(thats over the top but you get my drift).
    bloated?!sure you will lose definition when you use heavy androgens,so what if you cant handle looking fat and bloated for part of the year go and do some thing else because bodybuilding is not for you!
    food is the most important factor in deciding how big you will get(not a big handfull of dbol !).
    all i mean is if your allways worried that the girls dont find you attractive(who says a bloated moon face doesnt look good?lol)you shouldnt use steriods just stick to your whey protien and keep your calories low and you will look like a fitness model and get all the girls(or not!lol)

Iceman69 is offline Associate Member
    I'm working on my moonface as we speak.

When I'm bulking I just call it my "cocoon phase".

When I'm done bulking up to 240lbs. I'll go on a cutting cycle, lower my bodyfat, get down to about 230lbs and be a lean mean pussy getting machine.

But for the next 12 weeks? **** it, that's what ex girlfriends are for. Booty!

good call lol

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    The diet on gear, just like off it, is a pain in the arse, but you get a little more leeway on gear. You can't obsess over your caloric intake and don't need to saying as your bodies metabolism will adjust (to an extent) with your caloric intake.

What I've experienced in bulk cycles is if I very gradually increase my calories daily and check my % bodyfat week to week, I can find that little "niche" where I'm taking in enough calories to gain mass, but at the same time not so much where I'm gaining extra bodyfat. Sure I'll gain 3-4% extra bodyfat during bulking up long term, but taking the time to know how much your metabolism can handle can let you keep your six-pack almost completely year round and still make great gains.

Some people think they need to gorge themselves to get massive, but all it takes is a high protein intake and a little more calories than maintenance. Lee Priest is not a good example of how off-season should be. He has a sweet-tooth, and if you read up on him you'll find out he just eats horribly off-season. You also have to take into consideration however that if you're going to put on a layer of flab off-season, you have to do that much more work to burn it off, and i personally hate doing cardio for weeks on end.

Trust me, it is possible to stay lean year round. Don't forget some of the top pro's DO tour year-round, and look at their size. Well, they're also a living pharmaceutical, but that's another story. Point being, don't get overexcited about going back to bulking up off-season and gradually work into it and closely monitor your bodyfat and you'll be good to go. Oh, and of course you'll gain some bloat from waterweight, but I'll save how to keep the waterweight down for another post.

Let our people grow,
    AC

Such hostility in this thread!

Thread Information