Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CapnZ is offline Associate Member

7 days later....

And my a** is still sore from a glute inject. Still has a lump in it, also, a hard knot. It was 1.25 ml - TPP / NPP blend 125mg of each. It has a 2% BA content - supposedly. The lump is stiil hard but smaller than a few days ago. . No noticeable redness or pinkness, but slightly warm. I now know this injection should have been deeper, and have gone back to 1.5" for glutes. My question - how long does it take for an abscess to develop? Been running a low grade fever since yesterday (99.8) but not sure if thats from the test or possible infection. Other injections with the same gear have been OK - delts, other glute - aside from the usual soreness. I'm very clean with my procedure.
    Any experience with abcesses and how long they take to develop? Thinking about checking into some antibiotics. Any experience would be appreciated.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Takes about one week for an abscess to develop.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Takes about one week for an abscess to develop.

~Pinnacle~
    Thanks Pinnacle - so when you say develop - do you mean red /swollen /squishy? Whats the weapon of choice for draining?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnZ
    Thanks Pinnacle - so when you say develop - do you mean red /swollen /squishy? Whats the weapon of choice for draining?
    I don't recommend this,but I've always drained those things myself using an 18 g pin.Takes some time to get all the pink puss out,and usually I've had to preform the proceedure the next day to get the last bit out.It seems to build up a little again after the first extraction.So I've found it necessary to go back and draw up a few more cc of the pink puss.You don't need to go deep at all when inserting the pin.The puss build up is right under the layer of skin.

Like I said.I don't recommend doing this.I'm crazy so take heed in what I said aboveA medical professional should be your first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I don't recommend this,but I've always drained those things myself using an 18 g pin.Takes some time to get all the pink puss out,and usually I've had to preform the proceedure the next day to get the last bit out.It seems to build up a little again after the first extraction.So I've found it necessary to go back and draw up a few more cc of the pink puss.You don't need to go deep at all when inserting the pin.The puss build up is right under the layer of skin.

Like I said.I don't recommend doing this.I'm crazy so take heed in what I said aboveA medical professional should be your first choice.
    Thanks - yeah I'm thinking about going to the doc in a box tomorrow. Biggest guage I have on hand is 21. I'll watch what he does this time and then consider if I ever want to try it myself.

Thread Information