thunderin is offline Member

Massage therapy beneficial during a cycle?

Anyone have any info/studies on massages being beneficial or otherwise while on cycle?

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    massage is great whether you're on a cycle or not. massaging muscles helps relieve tension, knots, etc, and that alone enhances the muscles recovery from workouts. the massaging also helps everything flow through the muscles better, getting toxins out and nutrients in more effectively. plus, the relief we get from just those two things alone eases the neurological stress put on our brains from our physical bodies, which enhances our mood, hence improving other aspects of our lives (including our rest, workouts etc.).

GetBiggg is offline Associate Member
    i've read studies where there was no actualy physcial benefits from massaging. I think in the study they had two groups of people perform leg exercises, one with massage afterwards and one without and there was no greater gain in the massagre group vs the other.

I don't remember how long the study was ran for. But they did point out that the massage had a lot of psychological benefits.

something to think about....

either way getting a massage kicks ass.

hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    massage is great even it will not help with gains but it makes u feel fresh & have the ability to train more & more as it helps in relaxing muscles

Fjock is offline Associate Member
    massages definatly help. Theres a reason pros usually have personal masseuses. In Ronnies last video they spend a good amount of time showing him get his kinks worked out. Then its straight to Outback baby

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    I like "Happy Endings" the best.

If you don't want to pay for massage sessions, you can always get a Muscle Stim machine. Works out kinks and relieves joint & muscle pain.

Of course, My muscle stim machine doesn't have a great rack like some massage therapists
    Last edited by MAXIMA5; 03-17-2006 at 12:30 PM.

SpiderRico is offline Member
    i just feel lucky that my gym had just installed a massage section with like 3-4 message therapist in it ...and its even better that im a trainer there so shit dirt cheap

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    My girlfriend gives me one everynight, she cant keep her hands of me and it helps the tensions and strains.

Marcus

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    must be nice Rico.

Thread Information