Tbone1975 is offline Member

glute injections with needles larger than 1.5 inches

Hi there. I've been doing glute injections for quite a while with 20 and 22 gauge inch and a half needles. My friend just shipped me 50 one inch 22 g needles along with 50 I don't know wtf size you want to call it needles. The big ones are only 22 gauge though. So, today, I withdrew my roids from the bottle with the 1 inch, then replaced it with the big one. I kept staring at the needle as I had a bit of a bad feeling. I stuck it in my right glute and pushed, pushed, pushed that fn' thing in there. As I was nearing the end it just stopped like it didn't want to go any further and hurt a bit. So, I stopped there and pulled back on the plunger. One, two, three seconds, finally after about 4 or 5 seconds, blood started to enter the syringe. I pulled it out swearing to myself, hooked on the 1 incher and shot it in my glute. Honestly the needle I first used to inject with is pretty fn' big. It's bigger than my old 1 and a half inchers, and may even be approaching 1.75 inches. I have a couple of questions. First, is there any danger with using a large needle to inject with? That is, a needle that is larger than 1.5 inches. You know what I mean? Like, what would happen if you injected with a 2 inch needle? I just wanna know wtf I hit. But, like I said, these babies are definately under 1.75 inches. Yeah, so it kinda psyched me out so I went to the 1 inchers. Are 1 inch needles too small for a glute injection? If so, why? Do you risk losing your gear? Thanks for reading. Man, I'd appreciate any help I can get. Later.

joeben22 is offline Associate Member
    1" doesn't get as deep into the muslce in the glutes as you should. If you the larger ones you have are to painful and long then just use the 1" that you have and inject in the delts, and quads. I wouldn't have been using a 20g (ouch!) or 22g previously, you could have used 23g 1 1/2" for the glutes and been fine.

MotorBoatin' SOB is offline Junior Member
    23g 1 1/2' is PERFECT for glutes.

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatin' SOB
    Agreed.
    You're asking for trouble using anything longer or thicker than this, especially if you have no idea what the exact specs are.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1975
    It's bigger than my old 1 and a half inchers, and may even be approaching 1.75 inches.
    I don't believe I have ever seen a 1.75 inch pin dude... ever... that is quite long...

Is it possible they are Vet needles for large animals?

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    Hi there. I've been doing glute injections for quite a while with 20 and 22 gauge inch and a half needles. My friend just shipped me 50 one inch 22 g needles along with 50 I don't know wtf size you want to call it needles. The big ones are only 22 gauge though. So, today, I withdrew my roids from the bottle with the 1 inch, then replaced it with the big one. I kept staring at the needle as I had a bit of a bad feeling. I stuck it in my right glute and pushed, pushed, pushed that fn' thing in there. As I was nearing the end it just stopped like it didn't want to go any further and hurt a bit. So, I stopped there and pulled back on the plunger. One, two, three seconds, finally after about 4 or 5 seconds, blood started to enter the syringe. I pulled it out swearing to myself, hooked on the 1 incher and shot it in my glute. Honestly the needle I first used to inject with is pretty fn' big. It's bigger than my old 1 and a half inchers, and may even be approaching 1.75 inches. I have a couple of questions. First, is there any danger with using a large needle to inject with? That is, a needle that is larger than 1.5 inches. You know what I mean? Like, what would happen if you injected with a 2 inch needle? I just wanna know wtf I hit. But, like I said, these babies are definately under 1.75 inches. Yeah, so it kinda psyched me out so I went to the 1 inchers. Are 1 inch needles too small for a glute injection? If so, why? Do you risk losing your gear? Thanks for reading. Man, I'd appreciate any help I can get. Later.

Here is what you need...1 or 1 1/2" of 21 or 22g or even 23g for youre a$$...thats it...!

21 or 22 is too big IMO. I don't like using anything that resembles an ice pick.

23 or higher

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMA5
    21 or 22 is too big IMO. I don't like using anything that resembles an ice pick.

23 or higher
    i agree. the larger the needle, the larger the scar tissue left behind from it as well, which is why i always stick with 23 n up. that scar tissue will add up in the long run.

the generally accepted lengths for needles is 1" for quads n delts, and 1 1/2" for glutes. this measurement for these areas allows the needle to go deep enough into the muscle tissue for proper absorption, but not so deep that you are gonna hit a bad spot.

personally i wouldn't suggest going deeper than these measurements, and it's also not necessary. going much deeper than this will most likely not make much of a difference, at least not a positive one as you found out the hard way.

however, make sure to go those depths on each unless you want to risk not hitting deep muscle tissue and not having proper absorption of whatever you're injecting. 5/8" may be ok for quads/delts and some use them, but it's not something i'd suggest personally.

Tbone1975 is offline Member
    Hopefully I post this right. Just wanted to say thanx everyone. Guess things seem pretty cut and dry now. You know what joeben22, those fn' 20 guage pins did hurt a bit, lol, especially when sitting down the day after. And Warrior, swear to God lol, those big pins are around 1.75 inches. They're from Germany. Well cool. Man, I don't even wanna look at those big pins so I guess for now I'll shoot the 1 inchers in my quad. Thanks again. ttyl

Ih8urdsm is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMA5
    Is it possible they are Vet needles for large animals?
    ...yea, Ronnie Coleman probrobly uses them to inject his pecs

Hopefully I post this right. Just wanted to say thanx everyone. Guess things seem pretty cut and dry now. You know what joeben22, those fn' 20 guage pins did hurt a bit, lol, especially when sitting down the day after. And Warrior, swear to God lol, those big pins are around 1.75 inches. They're from Germany. Well cool. Man, I don't even wanna look at those big pins so I guess for now I'll shoot the 1 inchers in my quad. Thanks again. ttyl
    Hey, I have a 10" steel meat thermometer that would be perfect for a delt injection.

JK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails glute injections with needles larger than 1.5 inches-thermometer.jpg  

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatin' SOB
    I use 23G 1.25". Works well.

mr. snakes is offline Associate Member

Glutes 23g X 1.5"

Thread Information