brundle is offline Associate Member

Please read! 1st degree AV block

I've done 2 cycles in my early twenties and I'm now in my late twenties. During a recent medical, I was told I have a 1st degree AV Block. It doesn't run in my family and I'm afraid my experimenting with Dbol an Test caused it!
    Any comments or info would be appreciated! thanks

Heres a description:
    First-degree heart block, or first-degree AV block, is when the electrical impulse moves through the AV node more slowly than normal. The time it takes for the impulse to get from the atria to the ventricles (the PR interval) should be less than about 0.2 seconds. If it takes longer than this, it's called first-degree heart block.

Heart rate and rhythm are normal, and there may be nothing wrong with the heart.

Certain heart medicines such as digitalis (DIJ'ih-TAL'is) can slow conduction of the impulse from the atria to the ventricles and cause first-degree AV block. Also, well-trained athletes may have it.

Generally, no treatment is necessary for first-degree heart block.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I don't remember seeing a study with that particular side from AAS but it is possible. It is probably a combination of things but I wouldn't do anything else until I talked with my Doctor.

Reprisal 6 is offline Associate Member
    I also have never heard of steroids being a cause for a first degree AV block. Looking at the list of drugs that may cause it, steroids were not listed.

As you have already stated, many highly trained athletes are found with this condition, as are 1.13 people per 1000 persons.

often no medical attention is required but a check-up EKG to make sure it doesn't advance to a greater block is recommended.

Everything stated, not much of a threat if kept under watch.

Thread Information