Jay_notellin is offline Associate Member

Cardio while cycling?????????

I want to do cardio while on cycle..............Anyone know the pros and cons of doing this? I have heard cardio can wreck a cycle..........

Nelstar is offline Member
    i do carido three times week regaurdless if im on or off, some bros do it more

thank god......That is reassuring.

I am eating everything in site.......no matter what it is.....I cannot stop. I need to do atleast a half hour a day....

joshr is offline Associate Member
    theres nothing wrong with doing cardio on a cycle

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_notellin
    I want to do cardio while on cycle..............Anyone know the pros and cons of doing this? I have heard cardio can wreck a cycle..........
    How can cardio possibly 'wreck a cycle'?

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    How can cardio possibly 'wreck a cycle'?
    Cardio is catabolic. Burns fat and muscle. Problem with too much cardio is it can put your body in a mode where it burns muscle before fat........to preserve organs.. I am sure with your infinite wisdom you know the science behind this

new2thepin is offline New Member
    I had the same question, but pretty much came up with the same answer. I figured since cardio can be catabolic, too much would hurt a cycle, depending on what the cycle is for. This is all my opinion which I am basing off of what I have been reading, so all you pro's and vets out there dont jump down my throat, since Ill be the first to say I am a newbie. My question is, is there, if in fact any amount that is the threshold for two much?

Candyman22 is offline Junior Member
    I run 3 times a week while on a cycle and it doesnt hurt my gains at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_notellin
    Cardio is catabolic. Burns fat and muscle. Problem with too much cardio is it can put your body in a mode where it burns muscle before fat........to preserve organs.. I am sure with your infinite wisdom you know the science behind this
    lol.. cardio is not catabolic.. at least not the conventional method 'we' use.. for the preservation of 'health/fitness'.

Rather.. under-eating is catabolic.

Cardio is an essential on cycle imo...

Quote Originally Posted by new2thepin
    My question is, is there, if in fact any amount that is the threshold for two much?
    That questions is only answerable on an individual basis.

What is your recuperative threshold when you're NOT on gear?

That is the point you should not surpass whether you're on cycle or not...

Here's a scenario: Bodybuilder's mainly use AAS to retain muscle while cutting. While cutting i've done up to 2 hours of cario per day. Did this 'wreck my cycle'? No.

I'm not saying that you should go run a 10k marathon daily.. but..Cardio cannot and will not wreck your cycle.

Any 'short-comings' are the product of dietary inadequacies...

Narkissos

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    On cycle you are in a constant state of anabolism. even if you did cardio twice a day on cycle it would not hinder your LBM gains. undereating like Narkissos said, will hinder your gains.

jayheero is offline Banned
    even if your off cycle 30min 3 to 4 times a week aint gonna hurt at all. cardio is good for your heart and brain. people always get lazy and hate cardio and make up this story of catabolism unless you run 1 and half every single day then you go into catabolism also your body type has alot to do with it as well.

jp_blois is offline Junior Member
    ......I'm not saying that you should go run a 10k marathon daily......
    LOL @ 10k marathon...

cyclist2173 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    On cycle you are in a constant state of anabolism. even if you did cardio twice a day on cycle it would not hinder your LBM gains. undereating like Narkissos said, will hinder your gains.
    Exactly. Plus, your body prefers FAT and CHO for energy metabolism not PRO (as long as your are not in a state of Ketosis). Keep the cardio to short duration (30 mins.) and you don't have to worry about muscle catabolism while on.

BTW- My preferred method of cardio is always on a cycle (a bicycle that is )

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    at this threads topic LOL
    cardio is the ABSOLUTE BEST THING you can do while on cycle... anyone who says differ is a tard since stamina will usually decrease during aas usage and blood pressure will increase.

need to work the most important muscle of all! your heart!

little_soldier is offline Junior Member
    do cardio mate i did it while on cycle and helped me very much also u r saying u r eating everything so do it and if u found that it will make u loose ur gains u can do it in the form of a long walk for like an hour ed won't be catabolic at all make sure u get a protein source b4 ur cardio as the amino acids are flowing in ur body ur muscles will remain safe don't worry

tyin2bfit is offline New Member
    i think narkissos ate my little brother

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclist2173
    Exactly. Plus, your body prefers FAT and CHO for energy metabolism not PRO (as long as your are not in a state of Ketosis). Keep the cardio to short duration (30 mins.) and you don't have to worry about muscle catabolism while on.

BTW- My preferred method of cardio is always on a cycle (a bicycle that is )
    y is cycling best? I personally think running improves my stamina best but being 270 lbs my (shin splints or whatever they are called) wont allow me to run very often.

gabriel595 is offline Associate Member
    cardio wont wreck your cycle if your diet is hoighj in calories if you keep it moderate you'll burn some unwanted fat unlees you want fat and i think no one wants it. cardio will do good on your heart too cause if you're cycling you'll gain muscle faster than what your body allows so your heart will work alot more to make blood reach your new ,muscle so cardio will help your heart do the job. also you should look up to the guys in other sports ass sprinters, wrestlers, martial artists, etc. they all cycle to get stronger and some to gain LBM and they all do LOTS of cardio and still gain muscle in the process. i do wrestling and still gain muscle while cycling. it all depends on your training and diet.

shadyadam is offline Associate Member
    That questions is only answerable on an individual basis.

What is your recuperative threshold when you're NOT on gear?

That is the point you should not surpass whether you're on cycle or not...

Here's a scenario: Bodybuilder's mainly use AAS to retain muscle while cutting. While cutting i've done up to 2 hours of cario per day. Did this 'wreck my cycle'? No.

I'm not saying that you should go run a 10k marathon daily.. but..Cardio cannot and will not wreck your cycle.

Narkissos
    Whoa...thats a big word!

gabriel595 is offline Associate Member
    exactly

Xprime is offline Banned
    not everybody do cardio while on cycle u have to make ur choice. Your-self.

jp_blois is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    y is cycling best? I personally think running improves my stamina best but being 270 lbs my (shin splints or whatever they are called) wont allow me to run very often.
    I dont think he was saying that cycling (as in bike riding) is the best necessarily. I think he just said that it is his favourite, based on the fact that he is a cyclist himself.

BTW, IMO bike riding is a great cardio activity while "on" (or for that matter "off"). Along with jogging and, wait for it, rollerblading. So long as you can do it of course hehe. Like what's already been said, you don;t really have to do much more than 30mins planned cardio a day. And if you do some 'incidental' cardio (eg dog walking) thats a bonus.

Thread Information