IXISiDiuSIXI is offline Associate Member

steroids and epilepsy?

The other day my brother had a siezure and is about 3 weeks into his cycle. He had epilespy when he was younger and had about 5 seizures in that time and took medicine for awhile but then stopped taking it after about a year of not having one and never had one again until about 10 years later. Which would be about...a year and a half ago. This siezure I think was drug induced becuase he took some pills the night b4, very strong pills I don't remember the name but I know they were very strong pain relievers, stronger than vicodin. Then the next morning when he woke up he had a seizure in the shower. Thats the history.

I've read through google on this topic but haven't found sufficient evidence that steroids lead to epileptic siezures. Most studies say that steroids have not been known to cause siezures but that steroids have actually been used to HELP and control seizures. But I've found that they interfere with AED (anti epileptic drugs) levels in the blood and this may cause siezures. But he isn't on any AED's. Then I've found that excersise actually reduces the chance of seizures as well. Then there's other causes like stress ect ect so I'm really confused. But anyway

........ he took a bunch of tylenol and sleeping aids the night b4 to help him sleep then the next morning he had a seizure.
    I feel really bad because I was the one who gave him the gear and I'm really hoping they aren't the reason that this has happened.: ( I was hoping a vet or someone with more knowledge on this has any info on it. He really wants to continue his cycle but I'm not sure if he should. He's currently taking 500mg test enathate and 300mg deca a wk. Any help is appreciated.

IXISiDiuSIXI is offline Associate Member
    bump

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm epileptic and talked to my neurologist.....he honestly said that nuttin had been proven as being linked to seizure and roids.....conversly some can improve your condition......
    I'm under meds (Depakine 500 chrono) and OT went fine.......

Thread Information