See,guys, i have found..
what do you thing?

I copy directly from http://www.meso*****.com

Contrarian Endocrinology Part II:
Estrogen and Progesterone for Men
by Karlis Ullis, M.D. and Joshua Shackman, Ph.D.

When you saw the title of this article, your first reaction might have been "has Dr. Ullis lost his mind?" or "Why the hell would I want to put these hormones into my body that will make me fat and grow breasts?" But before you have me committed, remember from Part I of this series on Contrarian Endocrinology that there is no such thing as a "good" or "bad" hormone, nor is there such thing as a strictly "male" or "female" hormone. Just as testosterone plays an important role in the female body and has many positive health benefits for woman, estrogen and progesterone also have numerous health benefits for men if used properly. However, remember that the arena of sex hormone research is highly politically laden and is still in somewhat of a state of infancy regarding long term research. Just as there is precious little research on testosterone for women, there is also very little research on progesterone or estrogen for men. But given both the research data currently available as well as my own clinical experience, I am very excited about the potential of these two traditional "female" hormones for their use and role in men.

Estrogen for Men

Yeah, yeah, I know – most male readers of Meso-Rx are far more concerned with keeping their estrogen levels down than raising them. No, I am not crazy in case you are wondering, and this is not an article aimed at transsexuals. To be sure, if my male patients have estrogen levels that are too high I may prescribe anti-estrogen therapies which may include such drugs as Arimidex (an aromatase inhibitor most commonly used in women with breast cancers and have estrogen sensitive tumors), Tamoxifen (an estrogen tissue receptor blocker) and natural methods of blocking the potent estrogen effects on tissues with phytoestrogens (soy, flax seeds and many other plants that contain the weak estrogen like compounds), or decreasing the negative effects of some of the "bad estrogen metabolites" (16 alpha hydoxyestrone, and 4 hydroxyestrone) with the use of the cruciferous vegetables or their extracts (i.e. indole -3 -carbinole or its related more potent cousin diindoylmethane) as part of an overall hormone replacement/anti-aging treatment program. Most men as they get older will have an increase in estrogen levels and decrease in testosterone as they get older. Overall, the ratio of testostesterone to estrogen declines with age and I believe the increased load of different estrogens and some of their toxic metabolites contributes to some of diseases associated with aging in men (prostate, cardiovascular, and immunological diseases, and even age associated gynecomastia ).

With this above disclaimer, I would also like to add that estrogen also has many benefits and is far from being a "bad" hormone. Just as women are more sensitive to the effects of testosterone to women, some men are very sensitive to the effects of estrogen. Giving brief spikes of estrogen to a man may induce surges in energy and libido similar to what you would expect to see in a woman given a testosterone injection. A recent review article in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism (June, 1999) by one of the world’s authorities on brain biochemistry and function, B.S. McEwen describes the many potent effects estrogen can have on the brain and the central nervous system and the two estrogen receptors. For example, estrogen has been shown to have wide ranging effects on the noradrenergic, dopaminergic, and cholinergic systems, all of which are profoundly important for mood and energy (8). The stimulatory effects of estrogen on our neurotransmitter systems and other aspects of the central nervous system may be a major reason why some men get a big boost of energy and libido when their estrogen levels rise.

So should I go steal some of my wife’s or mother's Premarin tablets and pop a few before my workouts? The answer is of course not! Just as I don’t recommend estrogen replacement therapy for all women and without a concurrent testosterone replacement program, I most certainly don’t recommend giving estrogen directly to men. Instead, I have chosen alternative treatments that give a produce a physiologic rise in both testosterone and estrogen for maximum libido and energy.

One drug that is extremely effective for enhancing libido is Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (HCG , a form of lutenizing hormone or LH), which when injected even subcutaneously gives both a simultaneous boost in both testosterone and estrogen levels. From clinical experience, I have found it much more effective than plain testosterone for enhancing libido. However, I do not think it is the best drug for bodybuilders or athletes. HCG is popular drug for bodybuilders who use it to boost their natural testosterone production during or after an anabolic steroid cycle. However, some bodybuilders complain develop gynecomastia from HCG use, due to the surge in estrogen. In addition, HCG only stimulates natural testicular output briefly (a few days) but is counter-productive to use in the long run. Chronic use of HCG may shut down natural testosterone production by negative feedback signalling and thereby blocking the brain-pituitary gland production of LH.

A much simpler choice for athletes or bodybuilders seeking a natural concurrent boost of estrogen and testosterone is a much cheaper supplement that you have all heard of before – androstenedione! In spite of the "shocking" revelation that androstenedione causes increases in estrogen in the recent EAS sponsored study (6) in JAMA, my response to this study was "No @#$^ Sherlock!" Androstenedione is well established and well known to be a precursor to both testosterone and estrogen. I have found that many people notice more of an energizing effect from androstenedione than from any of the other testosterone prohormones. I believe this is largely due to the increase in estrogen levels.

It should be noted that finding the "optimal" or "normal" level of estrogen for men is extremely problematic. Estrogen levels can be difficult to measure accurately, as medical doctors in some countries even resort to using sex hormone binding globulin as a rough measure of estrogen levels. Since most men experience an increase instead of a decrease in estrogen as they get older, little attention is paid to the importance of estrogen deficiency in men. It has recently been shown that too little estrogen is linked to male osteoporosis. Studies of men who genetically lack the enzyme for the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, (aromatase deficiency), can be very osteoporotic. However, testosterone replacement therapy, if sufficient, is usually enough to restore both testosterone and estrogen levels high enough to prevent osteoporosis.