Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scammers

LOKITSC is offline Junior Member

Scammers

I understand the rationale behind not posting UGLs. Afterall, it would be a disservice to legit UGL if anyone could perform a google search and discover them. But why not allow a list to be compiled of .COMs (not UGLs) that have ripped off members. In time, I'm sure anyone could find a legit source, if only through trial and error. But a lot of heartache and money could be saved if a list of SCAMMER .COMS was made available. I know I could name at least one and I'm sure there are many on this board who could name more than one.

Just a thought.

southpaw26 is offline Associate Member
    i had a friend that got scamed by a guy in canada. he lost $2000.the funny thing is that my friend has family there and he doesnt play like that.so he actually went to the address that he fed-exed the money to and beat the hell out of the guy.needless to say when he left he got his money back in more ways than one.i bet that guy never thought someone would come all that way to get him.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    ^i like stories like that....

LOKITSC is offline Junior Member
    LOL. I think I got scammed by a guy in Austria...maybe next time I'm in neighborhood I'll ask for a refund. JK.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ....Get your 100 posts and 45 days time in and run a source check on your supplier...There are so many new scammers popping up everyday that it's almost impossible to track them all.....

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Auto54 is offline Member
    Abuse reported
    Last edited by Auto54; 02-12-2009 at 12:39 PM.

actually i know of a couple of them that let you fed-ex them cash. it is not that uncommon from what i have seen. not everybody uses western union.

2bshredded is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    ....Get your 100 posts and 45 days time in and run a source check on your supplier...There are so many new scammers popping up everyday that it's almost impossible to track them all.....

AG

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've been through 2 suppliers that seem to be legit, although the first one was a whole lot of $$$! Can't wait tillI hit that 45 day mark.

what happens on the 45 day mark?

bball_playa is offline Associate Member
    yes their are thousands of these sights out there. guess ill have to wait a while to get a source check

bball_playa is offline Associate Member
    45 days as a member and 100 posts minimum to get a source check

gotcha......thanks

gehirin is offline Junior Member
    hey lokitsc, we talked before...but to let you know and others, I got scammed by the same guy. If anyone thinks of using .com's, don't unless a reliable person tells you it's ok. Most likely it will be a scam website. If you dare try...using western union, see if it is to be sent to Austria. If so, it's a scam. This guy from Austria has tons of websites. He will either not send to you or will send fake gear. I have a list of his sites. Doubt I can post here. If anyone wants to know his sites, PM me. Otherwise you are throwing your money away and making that guy in Austria one rich motherf***er.

love 2 lift is offline Associate Member
    They used to have a scammer section here a while back, but it created problems.

it's not a bad idea. but who would validate and maintain it? i guess we could have a sticky thread locked so only mods and vets could post scammers. i think that would be a good idea.

fanatic is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead947
    Fed-exed money to an address? Thats one dumbass source (or one BS story!).
    I know of a local source that does this exclusively. Crazy stuff.

bonerdonor is offline Associate Member
    There are some tell tale signs of scammer websites. I thought that I found a new source online and emailed them. The douchbag on the other side replied in broken english. "I am from China. We sell best for you" The website feautured tiny pictures of their "ISO9002" certificate (wich is checkable) dumb idea china man. Then after telling the dude not to email me back, he tracks me down on msn. So clearly dont search for a lab. Good ones keep going because people can't just look em up. From my net adventures i've learned one good tip about scammer sites. They all follow a pretty standard layout. And one scammer with make many sites that look the same. I had found a couple that were almost identical so i asked them if they were affiliated with each other etc. "No." pretty big coincidence....same products. So if you do find a good source online. kudos to you cuz **** it, i can't and stopped looking. An order is on the way (hopefully) via the web. Only reason is cuz a bud told me about it. Word of mouth. I haven't seen his gear so who knows, maybe its his site.

gehirin is offline Junior Member
    china man

45acp is offline Junior Member
    Homebrew. Cut out the middleman.

55CID is offline Junior Member
    just got screwd out of 500.00 bucks from some one around hear who gave me a .net dont think i can say who thoe. Or can I ?
    Last edited by 55CID; 04-15-2006 at 12:57 PM.

AllGearedUp is offline Associate Member
    Say his name who cares. If i got an addy from some dude here and got screwed, Id bump up the font size and type his name. Either that or find where he lives and **** up his lifestyle.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by AllGearedUp
    Say his name who cares. If i got an addy from some dude here and got screwed, Id bump up the font size and type his name. Either that or find where he lives and **** up his lifestyle.
    Cant do that here. PM the Admin if I were you, or a Senoir Mod.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    oooooooh I wanna know....I wanna know!!! ROFL

Say it!

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    oooooooh I wanna know....I wanna know!!! ROFL
    Quote Originally Posted by neverenuff21
    Say it!
    If everyone, thats been scammed, were to post who they got scammed by, we'd have a 'Scammers Forum/Section' and we dont as the Admin has decided against it and its not in the best intrests of the board.

msu16366 is offline Member
    Even when they had a scammer section we all found out that the scammer actually had the power to hack the board, threaten the mods, and eventually get rid of the scammer section all toghether, and now is a sponser, go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by msu16366
    Even when they had a scammer section we all found out that the scammer actually had the power to hack the board, threaten the mods, and eventually get rid of the scammer section all toghether, and now is a sponser, go figure!
    I know who your refferring too...

He's now a sponsor?

2bshredded is offline Member
    Sorry it doesn't make sense to me, although I have probably purchased from who you are referring to....dissapointing.

thats straight BS

thetruth48 is offline New Member
    I hope that my guy doesnt scam me. Dont have time to get a hundred posts....well maybe if I lived on this site like a few peeps here. I I get scammed I am putting my house up for sale and tracking the WU wire!

Naw not really!!LOL

MotorBoatin' SOB is offline Junior Member
    Doooo it Starsky Doooo it..... lmao

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    We use to have a list like that or a forum, but it was done away with for some reasons.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    too much work and .coms are always changing Domains/Lables..

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

What's he sponsor?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by love 2 lift
    They used to have a scammer section here a while back, but it created problems.
    Ditto... and it's hard/expensive to maintain.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I will ask you only once to stop the bullshit rumors/posts here.

Anymore of this completely false bullshit will land you exiled.

~SC~

SCMedic is offline New Member
    Word.

pmorris is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw26
    i had a friend that got scamed by a guy in canada. he lost $2000.the funny thing is that my friend has family there and he doesnt play like that.so he actually went to the address that he fed-exed the money to and beat the hell out of the guy.needless to say when he left he got his money back in more ways than one.i bet that guy never thought someone would come all that way to get him.
    lol sure he did...

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    too much work and .coms are always changing Domains/Lables..
    Not only that but if memory serves me right, on some boards, real legit suppliers were making false accusations against each other to get rid of their competition.

tvd220 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Not only that but if memory serves me right, on some boards, real legit suppliers were making false accusations against each other to get rid of their competition.
    That is exactly why a scammer board wont work. People will report good sources as scammers to ruin their business. And you never know who is lying or telling the truth. Too many politics. Especially competition as Ntpadude said...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information