Thread: Test + soreness

ZIA1 is offline New Member

Test + soreness

How long can soreness, from a glute shot, last? My ass is sore...a bit of a lump. However, there is no redness, no fever, nothing...just feels like I got hit in the ass. I think the lump is just from swelling. Thoughts? I've been sore for 24 hours now.

I did use a heating pad following the shot but I didn't massage and I didn't take a hot shower before.

joshr is offline Associate Member
    it can last for a couple of days depending on the person my buddy gets sore for like 4 days at time before hisis completely gone dont worry about it just keep rotating

Quote Originally Posted by joshr
    it can last for a couple of days depending on the person my buddy gets sore for like 4 days at time before hisis completely gone dont worry about it just keep rotating

So, a lump with no redness and/or other features is probably just soreness? Anything I can do for it in the meantime?

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    virgin muscles AIZ?

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

By the way, do you just lightly and slowly insert the pin or do you do it quickly...with one good but light stab?

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    You can continue to apply heat and still massage the area. Heat for about 15-20 min at a time.
    As Booz stated, if it is a virgin muscle (one that hasn't been injected before) it will take a litle time for it to get used to being stuck! Keep rotating sites
    I insert slow and inject even slower, but that may just be me!
    Last edited by SMAN12b; 05-29-2006 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Booz
    virgin muscles AIZ?
    Nah but this one made it a bit hard to sit today.

Go easy on me, Booz. Only the 2nd cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    You can continue to apply heat and still massage the area. Heat for about 15-20 min at a time.
    As Boz stated, if it is a virgin muscle (one that hasn't been injected before) it will take a litle time for it to get used to being stuck! Keep rotating sites
    I insert slow and inject even slower, but that may just be me!
    Thanks. No, its not a virgin muscle. Its my 2nd cycle but every now and then I get damn sore and it makes me worry a bit. Still trying to get used to it.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    Nah but this one made it a bit hard to sit today.

Go easy on me, Booz. Only the 2nd cycle.
    your my boy AIZ.............
    i insert the pin nice and easy into my quads mate,i do not have much soreness usually because i get a heat pad straight on it with massage straight after.....
    every now and again it will feel like ive been kicked by a mule.................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Quote Originally Posted by Booz
    your my boy AIZ.............
    i insert the pin nice and easy into my quads mate,i do not have much soreness usually because i get a heat pad straight on it with massage straight after.....
    every now and again it will feel like ive been kicked by a mule.................
    Shit, I think that's one of my mistakes. I give it a nice quick insert with one swing of the bat.

I didn't know that one should inject the pin slowly into the muscle. I thought that might actually cause more soreness

Shit, I think that's one of my mistakes. I give it a nice quick insert with one swing of the bat.

I didn't know that one should inject the pin slowly into the muscle. I thought that might actually cause more soreness

I feel if you just jab it quickly, you are more likely to move the needle around a bit before it settles which would definetly cause pain. Try it nice and slow after muscle is warmed, then do the usual followup with heat and massage and let us know if it gets any better.

Good Luck

pumpd4lif is offline Senior Member
    i wasnt paying attention 1 day and only took half my shot then i realized it and took the other shot in the other glute bro i woke up the next day and couldnt even walk had to call out of work took 3 days to get back to normal dont know y it bothered me so much never did before but u should be ok

Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    I feel if you just jab it quickly, you are more likely to move the needle around a bit before it settles which would definetly cause pain. Try it nice and slow after muscle is warmed, then do the usual followup with heat and massage and let us know if it gets any better.

Good Luck

Took a steaming shower this morning and hit the other glute. I slowly inserted, without moving the pin around much. Worked well! Followed up with massage and heating pad and I feel good so far. Thanks for the advice.

Is it the same with delts?

Took a steaming shower this morning and hit the other glute. I slowly inserted, without moving the pin around much. Worked well! Followed up with massage and heating pad and I feel good so far. Thanks for the advice.

Is it the same with delts?

YES AIZ, I would use this process with any muscle I inject. especially the massage part to help disperse the compound. Glad its helping!

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    what test are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    what test are you using?
    Prop

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    i assume your doing it EOD and your rotating injection spots? quads, glutes, delts.....

try cutting it with some bast water, or injectable b-12. that usually helps. prop is notoroius for huting bro. kind of have to deal with it.....

Thread Information