Samson7 is offline Member

Fat Dissolving Injection!?!!?

I saw this on the AOL sign on page...I dont know what to think about it. Kind of interesting though.

http://aolsvc.health.webmd.aol.com/c...121/114226.htm

BOBBY D is offline Member
    i just saw this too, im wondering what will happend, i would definitly use it for the belly...

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    my doctor has it, $1000 for a 3 day secions! i'm curious! she said it works on love handles very well!

BOBBY D is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Alex*
    my doctor has it, $1000 for a 3 day secions! i'm curious! she said it works on love handles very well!
    $1000, f' that.. but hey if u really need it, go for it.. i dont hav 1g right now.. but good to know

J0E
    J0E is offline Associate Member
    very interesting read. im sure once they get a working protocol everyone will be doing it. It will take the place of surgery, although it will take time because it in early stages of becoming useful.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Alex*
    lazy fckin people....run on a fckin treadmill....

Samson7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    lazy fckin people....run on a fckin treadmill....
    Thats what i say...Im willing to bet there hasnt been any long term research on it. When i was reading the article, all i could imagine is a bunch of fat ass people trying to get this cuz they dont want to work out and do cardio.

cmax is offline Associate Member
    Mesotherapy is by no means new and has been around for years. It has not become widely known until recently.

Mesotherapy uses injections of deoxycholate stabilized with phosphatidycholine (a highly purified extract derived from soybeans) in problem areas to dissolve fat. Deoxycholate is a bile salt that dissolves the fat.

It's best to get this done by a doctor rather than just ordering the kit and injecting yourself. This seems to work well on removing stubborn fat from small areas, but it is no replacement for liposuction which can cover larger areas. The main side effect from this is bruising around the injection sites.

Power Assisted, Tumenscent, Ultrasonic, and Suction Assisted liposuction techniques are still the best way of spot reducing fat from larger surface areas. To cover larger areas with Mesotherapy they must do injection patterns to achieve a similar effect to liposuction.

However, don't expect the results to be as drastic as liposuction.

Mesotherapy the injections simply encourage the cells to drop their fat and thus reduce is size. Thus the fat cells remain and are free to start holding fat again once the treatment has ceased making the results only temporary in some case.

Liposuction on the other hand physically removes the fat cells. You only have a predefined amount of fat cells in an area. So when the cells are removed, they are gone for good. Thus liposuction is more permanent. Even if a patient gains weight after liposuction they will probably gain weight in other areas and maintain a good contour in the area that underwent the liposuction.

The downside to liposuction is that it's a surgical operation and requires downtime. With mesotherapy there is no downtime, only bruising.
    Last edited by cmax; 05-31-2006 at 04:17 PM.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    I dont see whay people just dont do cardio and diet.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    think ill just quit working out, get some liposuction and pec implants.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    think ill just quit working out, get some liposuction and pec implants.

cmax is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    I dont see whay people just dont do cardio and diet.
    Liposuction should only be used by people with isolated fat deposits and not for total weight reduction.

95% of people who get liposuction done do it for weight reduction and are too lazy to do a proper diet and exercise program for several months to try and lose the weight on their own.

However the other 5% fall into the following category below...

There are people out there that are very skinny and virtually no bodyfat, however for example they may have love handles. If they do diet and cardio they lose weight (fat, muscle, water), however their love handles remain.

These isolated fat deposits may be virtually impossible to lose through diet and exercise because this area has a high ratio of beta-receptors to alpha-receptors, lots of estrogen receptors, and poor circulation.

So what can they do besides diet and exercise. They can try taking something like clen or ECA stacks to help promote fat loss, they can try taking arimidex or femara to cut down on their total estrogen levels, and they can try some topical fat burners such as Yohimburn.

However, often times they will find that none of these avenues seem to produce the results they want so they do what they know will work for sure: liposuction.
    Last edited by cmax; 05-31-2006 at 07:33 PM.

Surrender is offline Banned
    I had lipo done on my love handles approx 16 months ago. Had it done in mexico for $1900. Glad I did cause they are no longer there and i had hugh ones. had them since a little kid.

Thread Information