Hellbound is offline New Member

Cutting and feeling small

hate cutting...I really do, but it's something I had to do. I am 5'11" and used to weigh about 275 and it wasn't pretty...I was like a sumo wrestler I was so bloated. I see people who are in that kind of shape get on juice and then they end up looking well....even more bloated I mean what's the point. So for the past year I've been dieting clean as hell, working out heavy, and doing cardio. I've gotten down to 240 and man has it made a difference in my appearance people don't even recognize me anymore. My face is thinner my gut is much smaller, I'm harder especially in my arms and chest I've got veins now I never believed I had any I thought my blood pumped through my body in other ways.lol I mean it's great. The thing I hate is everytime I see someone in the gym who I haven't seen in a while they look at me in amazment and always say something like "dude you got thin!! I mean your getting skinny bro!!". Several of my family members I saw today said the same thing. I'm 240 pounds for ****ing christ sake since when is that thin or even considered small? I could only bench 185 before where now I'm doing 315 and up, strength has gone thru the roof everywhere...my arms used to be about 16 inches their now right around 18" cold not huge but I mean that's a 2 inch difference and they have veins now.lol

I just feel so damn small it's depressing....but I mean I plan on doing a test and dbol cycle this winter and it's going to be a bulker please tell me all this cutting will be worth it. I just didn't want to become one of those fat guys who who get on juice and think they are the shit when all they are doing is fooling themselves it's mostly fat. So I lost the fat. Come on winter time I'm ready for Test!! I'm ready to get as big as possible with muscle and this will be my first cycle like I said I'm sacrificing size right now it's hard to bulk and lose fat at the same time I found out but I think I've done pretty damn well for myself....just can't wait to get thru this dark time for me alot of people are telling me to just get on my cycle now but I want to wait another 6 months I think in the end it will be worth it and the results I yeild will be far more impressive.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Its all just perspective bro. The people calling you skinny, are just used to seeing you heavier and that is the image they have of you, so anything else or less is gonna be a shock to them.
    hang in there sounds like you are doing great and on the right track.
    It IS worth it only if it is what you truly want
    Keep it up bro!!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If you have gone from 275 down to 240 and put 2 inches on your arms and went from 185 to 315 on the flat bench... whatever you are doing is working.

You did the right thing by losing some fat before jumping on an AAS-assited bulker... your results will be more rewarding.

Have fun with your body composition changes... it's a shame that some people put more energy into fine tuning their cars (owned for 3-4 years) than their body (a lifetime ownership).

Thanks...I don't know why I let people's words get to me somethimes....and yes I used to workout alot in the past about 3 years straight and got up to about 225 ripped....but then screwed up and partied too much became depressed and overweight and didn't workout for close to 4 years. However since then my frame has gotten alot bigger than what it used to be....my bones have actually grown so 225 on me now would look alot smaller than before. I decided to get back into lifting a year ago and just diet and working out changed my body in a big way....I notice that it is alot easier to handle much heavier weights now than in the past. Thanks for the replies they have helped still can't wait to get on my cycle most people(like everyone in the gym I go to) get on anabolics after working out for one week and they do not look impressive at all...I don't want to be one of those guys so like I said 6 more months I think will be perfect especially since it will be colder and I don't mind putting on a little water during the winter...although I will be taking arimidex but still winter time for me=BULKING time enough with this cutting

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Good luck bro, keep us posted,

Welcome to the Broth-AR-hood!!

rise2gr8ness is offline Junior Member
    I was there a few years ago my self, I'm glad to hear your progress is on point.

Do you have goals of ripped abs? This is a question you must ask yourself, because teh trainning required is intense, what is your bf at right now?

Oh but before you answer that I know what its like to hear the word "skinny" It freaks you out, I say go for the girls and gold. Don't give up your gut will lead the way, gut instinct that is. Let me ask...how often do you eat cheese, I mean even one sinle bite, even on a salads?

sofus99 is offline Associate Member
    I really dont see your point. If you are getting so depressed because you're getting rid of all your fat, why not just eat a big bucket of icecream every day until your depression disappears.

Seriously, there is no logic between what you say and do. If you enjoy looking like a big bear, which some guys do, don't cut. It is that simple.

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    Its all about what mental image people have of you bro.

When people see you now at 240lbs they see you as skinny, because they are use to the chubby 275lb version of you.

When people see me now at 220lbs they see me as huge, because they are use to the skinny 150lb high-school version of me. Get this though, im 6-3.

But its all about what you want, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumbo
    Its all about what mental image people have of you bro.

When people see you now at 240lbs they see you as skinny, because they are use to the chubby 275lb version of you.

When people see me now at 220lbs they see me as huge, because they are use to the skinny 150lb high-school version of me. Get this though, im 6-3.

But its all about what you want, nothing more.
    This explains it perfectly thank you for this reply. I'm not depressed because I'm in much better shape and have lost fat.lol Dammit why did I have to lose all that fat I want it back!!hehehe I get depressed and freaked out when I hear that skinny and thin word thrown at me because I can't see how I am anywhere near thin but I'm understanding why they are telling me this now it makes since. Also I never eat cheese...I don't know if it's because of maybe me being lactose intolerant but it binds me up and I need metamucil to get things moving after I eat cheese....and as far as wanting to have abs of steel....I'm not planning on ever competing I'm doing this purely for myself to make me feel better about myself but put it this way I was wearing a 44" waist and it was a snug fit....hell I probably could have went with a 46" I'm now down to a 36" waist but have to wear a 38" because my ass and legs are too big.lol I just use a shag belt and problem solved. I'd like to get down to a 34" waist I think that would look good on me my chest is right around 50" at the moment I'm tweaking my diet a little going to add some more carbs and up some protein as well just to see how I respond...it's all trial and error I have found too less carbs I'm a flat tire too much I'm the michelin man.lol
    Anyway no I don't care to have the perfect abs of steel I can deal with a little bit I just don't want it to get out of hand ever again put it this way when I used to measure from the bottom of my chest to the tip of my belly with the measuring tape straight out it was over 5". Now my chest pokes out and my belly goes in my shirts are now tighter on top rather than on the bottom. "the Nutty Professor" "I can se my dick!!!"lol so true.

Again thanks for the replies it helped put things in perspective and the understanding of it all tables turned if I knew a guy who was about 280 and fat (or husky as his mother would say.lol) and 1 year later I see him at 240 I would freak out and probably say the same stuff such as thin, skinny, but to the people who have never met him he is still considered a big guy.

I know my goals...I know what I have to do....and that is exactly what I am going to do. When I put it all together and block out all the bs that runs around in my mind it's so simple....stick with my good diet, workout HEAVY, moderate cardio, rest....then repeat. 6 months rolls around then it's time to step it up a notch.

just thought I would add and this isn't necessarily for bragging..well maybe a little.lol but for the past 4 years chicks have not looked at me or did not want to have anything to do with me I had to try my fat ass off to try and get some, which usually ended up with me being slapped for touching them or trying to kiss them. The other night I was at a night club (not to get drunk just felt like socializing a little)and this pretty cute chick comes up to me and buys me 2 shots. Unreal....we get to chatting then askes me if she can kiss me...so I'm like well uh let me think about it sure.lol So she's all over me. I leave to use the restroom and she grabs my ass. So on my return I grabbed her ass hard. Now normally this would end up in me getting slapped but no she liked it and bought me another shot. Then as I'm walking down to the dance floor with her some other hottie grabs on my cock...on top of my pants of course and the chick I was with tells her to grab my ass and she does and then it's all crazy from there I'm dancing with 2 hotties grinding hard I'm in the middle and making out with both of them at the same time.

Things are changing for me since I've lost the fat I notice I'm getting more attraction from women which is awesome......still didn't get laid though. Got their numbers though looks like a threesome just may be right around the corner.
    Last edited by Hellbound; 06-09-2006 at 04:13 AM.

I was just thinking about your thread today. Since I dialed down for the summer I am getting more comments about being big - even though I am holding about 30 pounds less (with around the same LBM). I am hearing it more now than I was before.

Actually I am holding about 40 pounds less than I was in Nov-Dec... but when I get up to 275-280, one of my buddies describe that as "cartoonish big" Big - but no real deffinition. More people make reference to my size now (currently at around 230) - and I think it simply is because they can see the muscle and seperation better... in my head I'm thinkin'... "umm... I have always been this big - I just shaved some grissel and kept most of the muscle"

Getting big and strong is one thing - gettin' lean and strong is another game all together... and people tend to notice the latter more often.

Flattening out every so often while cuttin' can feel psycologically frusterating, but as long as the loads you are pushing/pulling in the gym remain respectable - who the fuk cares... you know you still got it - it's just deflated a bit

playboii is offline Senior Member
    Im dieting right now I got bloated b4 yeah i was bigger but I lost most of my cuts...I prefer to be weaker..look top notch shape then overweight bloated and stronger..it looks plain stupid in my opinion..I learned my lesson Im never letting my self go again like I did this winter I am back downt to where I used to be and even better..go by what you see in the mirror and details..trust me being in shape is alot better then being big fat and strong..

thebrakes is offline Associate Member
    haha, i am with all you bros...i just came down from 280 to 250 in about 3-4 weeks (yeah it was ridiculous) and it is certainly a mind-****...

i'm able to fit into pants i havent worn since 2004, and i consisently feel "little"...warrior, you and i are built almost exactly the same; i have better lats but you've got more abdominals showing...still very similar. anyway, dont you guys just FEEL better when you drop the fat and water? my blood pressure certainly appreciated it, and i can move around so much better at sports.

not that i'm not looking forward to piling the muscle back on come wintertime, but i dont plan to bulk for so long this time....

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by playboii
    Im dieting right now I got bloated b4 yeah i was bigger but I lost most of my cuts...I prefer to be weaker..look top notch shape then overweight bloated and stronger..it looks plain stupid in my opinion..I learned my lesson Im never letting my self go again like I did this winter I am back downt to where I used to be and even better..go by what you see in the mirror and details..trust me being in shape is alot better then being big fat and strong..
    You can be strong as a bull, even if you are in "shape"... If you have been alot heavier b4, it yust takes some time to get used to the reduced bodyfat.

World strongest man Mariuz Pudowski(or something) is all ripped up...

Quote Originally Posted by thebrakes
    i'm able to fit into pants i havent worn since 2004, and i consisently feel "little"...warrior, you and i are built almost exactly the same; i have better lats but you've got more abdominals showing...still very similar. anyway, dont you guys just FEEL better when you drop the fat and water? my blood pressure certainly appreciated it, and i can move around so much better at sports.

not that i'm not looking forward to piling the muscle back on come wintertime, but i dont plan to bulk for so long this time....
    Deffinitly - I knew it was time to change gears when clothes were gettin' tight and I was having a difficult time standing on one leg to put on my gym shorts. And when you see the double chin popping up in photos.

I am with you though - I don't plan on putting on so much weight this winter... so cutting it up next time will yield results faster. Fuk it anyway, I might be down to 230 but I can still push 4 plates so it's all good

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    Your doing great bro.. nothing to be worried or depressed about.. your going from a "fatter" 275 to a fairly ripped 240.. like every1 said- its just ppl remember you heavier so now your "skinnier".. keep it up bro..

Thread Information