ascendant is offline Senior Member

when to start cycling again?

k, for those of you who don't know my story...

started working out again after about a 2 year layoff. been lifting now for about 4 months total. put on a good 30lbs since i started again, but i've overtrained twice so far cause of pushing myself way too hard and jumping into things way too quick.

i was just used to such a high intensity level back in the day when i did gear that to me right now, i don't feel i'm giving it my all. i keep taking for granted though that without the gear, my body just can't handle it and that it's only been 4 months and that after such a long layoff, it's going to take time for my body to be able to handle the high-intensity workouts i was used to.

i'm only weighing in at 190lb right now at about 5'10 and 12%bf. i used to weight about 230-240lb at about 10-12%bf back before i stopped lifting (see avy). though i've progressed quite a bit since i've been lifting again, i'm still a long ways away from what i used to be.

just wondering how much longer you guys think i should wait to start a cycle? i don't want to start one too soon and shortchange myself in the long run by having the gear give me results i could've gotten myself. on the other hand, my body is having a very hard time handling my workouts and the excessive soreness is killing me. i'm only 28, but my body definitely can't recuperate like it used to anymore and it's becoming quite frustrating.

i know there are many things to take into account here, but in a very rough gestimation, just wanted to see what you guys thought as far as how much longer i should hold off?

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    Sup bro.. ultimately its your decision.. Its obvious that your not new to weights, working out, diet and AAS.. Why not go a little more time naturally- maybe throw in some creatine for an extra boost to pump up your workouts.. get your diet in shape, train intensely (not for to long) and after a few more months then see where you stand.. its very hard to answer the question.. only you can feel and see yourself and what you need to do.. but if you feel like your jumping into it to soon then wait and just keep training natural for the time being..

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I dont think you can put a time scale on this, it takes time for your body to get accustomed to the intense workouts, surely if you have had 2 yrs off your body is responding very well with the training again and diet so id go as far as possible and strengthen the joints/ligament and just keep accessing the situration

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ....I agree with Marcus....Don't let a rough recovery lead you back into AAS...That will probably only get you hurt...I'm 41 and the only advice I can offer on the soreness is to STRETCH after lifting..It will cause a little more soreness at first, but in the end you'll get more gains and probably less pain...(unless you're doing DC training)..
    ...Go as far as YOU think you can natty, then jump back on....and congrats for wanting to do this properly......

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    thanks for all the advice guys. i know i don't want to cycle for at least a couple more months, but like you guys said, i guess i'll just have to keep track of how things go and when the gains start to come to a halt, then i'll take them to that next level again. hopefully i won't start overtraining again between then.

Thread Information