Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tank2005 is offline Banned

Your Heart And Gear

How bad do roids affect the hart and what are the worst kind for it ?

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    whew is that a debatable..topic...from what i understand there hasnt been a direct corelation of AAS and heart attacks however the jury is still out on AAS and related issues that lead up to types of heart disease.No one quote me please....just things ive read and heard throughout the years.

nEvrJuiCed is offline New Member
    Don't quote me on this, But i've read and heard that test is good for the heart and strengthens the mitral valves and other areas of the heart.. Of course in excess though, nothing too extreme.. Just like anything else... Moderation ! !

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, the topic is still debatable..but aas does mess w your cholesterol, raising your LDL

true as tony said they do raise your bad cholesterol and lower your good.Also have heard that test rots the inner lining of your arteries which causes plaque which then gives you blockage.

nEvrJuiCed is offline New Member
    I guess i read wrong then... I thought test had a positive effect on your heart! hmmm

Again guys its all debatable....it also may be a genetic thing.

fatale is offline Banned
    High blood pressure is the most common thing for steroid users.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmax
    true as tony said they do raise your bad cholesterol and lower your good.Also have heard that test rots the inner lining of your arteries which causes plaque which then gives you blockage.
    I love that line, but the big question is-How? AAS does tend to effect one's lipid profile and alter the HDL/LDL balance negatively, but IMO with proper diet and cycling of AAS the impact of this is negligible at worst.

your hear and gear

Quote Originally Posted by fatale
    High blood pressure is the most common thing for steroid users.
    Good point...high blood pressure for along period can and will enlarge your heart which will damage the left ventricle.

fatale is offline Banned
    Good point...high blood pressure for along period can and will enlarge your heart which will damage the left ventricle.

you got it!

Not just high BP, but heavy lifting will cause LVH-so the way I see it we're all pretty predisposed in that direction, with or without AAS.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    MD printed an article 1.5 years ago on steroid related heart issues. I'll have to dig up the article, but I do remember it saying that the increased heart size from steroids reverse once discontinued even after years of continious steroid administration.

1buffsob

fatale is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    MD printed an article 1.5 years ago on steroid related heart issues. I'll have to dig up the article, but I do remember it saying that the increased heart size from steroids reverse once discontinued even after years of continious steroid administration.

1buffsob

Is true! EKG is the way to go to check your heart if you are a steroid user!

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    1buffsob
    Definitely a problem associated with steroid use . AS lead to growth of muscles, their tissue specific. Hearts a muscle, so expect it to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by fatale
    Is true! EKG is the way to go to check your heart if you are a steroid user!
    I can live with that. Well....... I hope I can.

1buffsob

fatale is offline Banned
    If the heart is affected then expect other organs to be infected also.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think it is the combination of GH with AAS that will give you more trouble with this. But this also falls into that risk-to-benefit thing... taking exactlty what you need to hit your goals - and not overdoing it or trying to make up for failures in other areas with more drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    I think it is the combination of GH with AAS that will give you more trouble with this. But this also falls into that risk-to-benefit thing... taking exactlty what you need to hit your goals - and not overdoing it or trying to make up for failures in other areas with more drugs.
    So should I drop the DNP and 300mg winny ed and actually do cardio and diet?

Seriously though, like Warrior said, it's all about risk vs. reward. Are you willing to pay the consequences in search of your goals?

1buffsob

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    So should I drop the DNP and 300mg winny ed and actually do cardio and diet?

Seriously though, like Warrior said, it's all about risk vs. reward. Are you willing to pay the consequences in search of your goals?

1buffsob
    I AM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    I AM!!!
    Ditto!

1buffsob

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    I AM!!!
    we know mate..................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Latino~Heat is offline Junior Member
    ok..I read all of your posts/replies...AAS does affect your heart!! point blank...
    im in medical field, I have juiced and have noticed slight changes in heart whether it would be rythm...etc

The heart is a muscle! so, will slightly grow w/ AAS "NOT PROVEN" just a theory..I mean all others muscle grow, why not the heart...

2nd...if ur prone to hypertension - AAS can affect you

there are many things that can affect your heart..
    Clenbuterol is also a biggie that affects the heart!!! though medication for lungs and asthma patients, abuse will cause some form of heart failure on a slight percentage of people!

**now not saying you do 3/4 cycles is gonna hurt you...but if you do one/2 cycles a year for 10 years, then yes...you will die young!

AAS is not the answer for physique... cardio, diet and proper exercise is the answer...this can be a long debate and ive tried to summarize it up a lil

L~H

tank2005 is offline Banned
    Great Posts Guys Thanks Alot

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    first of all the heart is a smooth muscle.... smooth muscles DO NOT grow..... the only mucscles that grow are striated muscles

Alright, once again, Test plays the devil with no fvcking evidence, here are 2 of 10+ studies I looked up showing that Test(at least HRT doses)has positive bvenefits for the heart.

Effects of androgens on the cardiovascular system.

Rosano GM, Cornoldi A, Fini M.

Department of Internal Medicine, San Raffaele, Roma, Italy. [email protected]

The evidence that men have a greater incidence of coronary artery disease than women of similar age, together with the fact that android fat distribution is associated with a greater incidence of coronary heart disease, have suggested that high testosterone levels are associated with an increased risk for coronary artery disease. The possible causal role of androgens in the development of cardiovascular disease has not been proven and, to date, there are no epidemiological and pathophysiological evidences to support that an hyper-androgenic state or androgen replacement is associated with cardiovascular disease in both sexes. Clinical studies have suggested that physiological testosterone supplementation in ageing males has a positive effect upon lipid profile. Additional potential protective cardiovascular effects of androgens may be related to their effect upon endothelial function and vasomotor tone. Few data are currently available on the correlation between plasma testosterone levels and coronary artery disease in men. Cross-sectional studies reported either reduced or similar plasma testosterone levels and/or androgens in patients with coronary artery disease as compared to controls without cardiovascular symptoms. Epidemiological studies addressing the importance of androgen levels upon cardiovascular mortality and morbidity have gathered inconclusive results. Prospective studies found no significant association between plasma testosterone and cardiac events in both sexes, while most cross-sectional studies have repetitively found an association between hypotestosteronemia and cardiovascular morbidity. In conclusion, androgens in general and testosterone in particular may have some protective effects on the cardiovascular system through their metabolic and direct effects upon human vasculature.

Testosterone replacement , cardiovascular system and risk factors in the aging male.

Vigna GB, Bergami E.

Section of Internal Medicine, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Gerontology and Geriatrics, University of Ferrara, 44100 Ferrara, Italy. [email protected].

Investigations concerning the role of testosterone replacement on cardiovascular risk show conflicting results. Treatments with supraphysiological doses seem detrimental in animal models and men. On the other hand, cross-sectional, prospective and angiographic studies frequently find an inverse, favorable relationship between plasma testosterone and cardiovascular events. Testosterone replacement therapy in the hypogonadic elderly has a positive or at least neutral effect on several coronary disease risk factors. Testosterone appears to decrease LDL-cholesterol without adversely affecting HDL cholesterol, and improve insulin sensibility and the thrombotic/fibrinolytic balance; testosterone does not negatively influence the inflammatory response and arterial wall vasoreactivity. These findings provide a measure of reassurance concerning potential adverse heart effects of testosterone substitutional therapy in older men, even if more specific trials than reported are needed to overcome residual suspicions.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    FYI,Deca reportedly effects cholesterol, at least in this example:

quote by hooker:
    "In another study of HIV+ men (6) we can see that deca ( 200mgs on week 1, 400 on week 2 and 600mgs for weeks 3-12) caused NO negative side effects in total or LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, or insulin sensitivity and there was a reduction of HDL cholesterol(8-10 points) in both groups. Also, in most studies with HIV+ subjects, deca also improved immune function."

For those who dont know;

High-density lipoproteins (HDL) remove cholesterol from the bloodstream.

Low-density lipoproteins (LDL) deliver cholesterol to the body
    Last edited by guest589745; 06-16-2006 at 05:51 PM.

Total cholesterol level:
    Less than 200 is best.
    Between 200 to 239 is borderline high.
    240 or more means you're at increased risk for heart disease.

LDL cholesterol levels:
    Less than 130 is best.
    Between 130 to 159 is borderline high.
    160 or more means you're at higher risk for heart disease.

HDL cholesterol levels:
    Less than 40 means you're at higher risk for heart disease.
    60 or higher reduces your risk of heart disease.

thought Id throw this in.

big guy 1 is offline New Member
    Check out

http://www.webmd.com/content/article...000_1000_id_03

WebMD says Test is good for the heart and several other articles say the same. Now I am not sure that they are refering to AAS use and the levels they are stating that would be benifical are less than what we are takeing. So if you use the basis that low test raises you chance for heart disaease. I am not sure that excess test can be good for you, but it does look like it is linked to heart disease in some fashion.

industywetrusty is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tank2005
    WEll my mother works in a lab and tested my blood she said that my creatnin kinease was increased do a search on that, the nick name is ckmb
    I am not sure of all the legistics of that but if you run a search you should be able to learn about it she said it throw off nb that your heart also produces, haha I am not sure of how the legistics are but i am gonna reasearch myself...but thats a start for you

savax is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J*U*icEd
    first of all the heart is a smooth muscle.... smooth muscles DO NOT grow..... the only mucscles that grow are striated muscles
    No... It is NOT a smooth muscle. It is CARDIAC muscle which is different from both smooth and regular muscle.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    as stated above, this is incorrect..the heart IS NOT a smooth muscle, it's a cardiac muscle (obviously the only one)..it has characteristics of both skeletal and smooth muscle...like smooth muscle it is involuntary, but has cross striations similar to that of skeletal muscle

yea, what they said.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    wow you guys are smart

your heart and gear

Quote Originally Posted by Latino~Heat
    ok..I read all of your posts/replies...AAS does affect your heart!! point blank...
    im in medical field, I have juiced and have noticed slight changes in heart whether it would be rythm...etc

The heart is a muscle! so, will slightly grow w/ AAS "NOT PROVEN" just a theory..I mean all others muscle grow, why not the heart...

2nd...if ur prone to hypertension - AAS can affect you

there are many things that can affect your heart..
    Clenbuterol is also a biggie that affects the heart!!! though medication for lungs and asthma patients, abuse will cause some form of heart failure on a slight percentage of people!

**now not saying you do 3/4 cycles is gonna hurt you...but if you do one/2 cycles a year for 10 years, then yes...you will die young!

AAS is not the answer for physique... cardio, diet and proper exercise is the answer...this can be a long debate and ive tried to summarize it up a lil

L~H
    Ok point blank...show me reports that back up what you just said.If you are in the medical field you can do that.You have juiced so you see changes in your heart???...rythm???...you're saying your heart is beating differently???...fater <slower..what??...sorry bro i'm calling you out cause you're just repeating what we just said about blood pressure but you called it hypertension.You also said there are many things that can affect your heart...huh we know that.Oh by the way thanks for the advise on diet and cardio we here didnt know that.

Rookie1974 is offline Associate Member
    well the reverse.....being a pencil neck will definatley effect my sanity, and love life. Im taking the lesser of two evils....now wheres my pin.

Maldorf is offline Senior Member

What I am thinking. Cardiac muscle is actually a third type of muscle, there are 3. Cardiac muscle is striated though, similar to skeletal. I havent seen any research to show that cardiac tissue grows in response to AAS. The growth is due to high blood pressure I believe.

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by industywetrusty
    WEll my mother works in a lab and tested my blood she said that my creatnin kinease was increased do a search on that, the nick name is ckmb
    I am not sure of all the legistics of that but if you run a search you should be able to learn about it she said it throw off nb that your heart also produces, haha I am not sure of how the legistics are but i am gonna reasearch myself...but thats a start for you
    Creatine kinase is given off with any muscle breakdown, and so weight lifters will have an unusually high level. Go a week or so without lifting and then have your blood drawn, the levels should be more normal.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by tank2005

i really dont give two sh_ts what this is doing to my heart.

i know this is a bad mentality to have, but what are you gonna do?

btw, i hope my other AR bros are being safe, but it does not matter to me what is happening to my body, as long as im lookin swole

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    i have been to the cardiologist and steroids can increase your ventricles like whoa, and it wont subside

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information