aaronswt84 is offline Associate Member

Got my bloodwork back, damn it!!!

well high cholesterol runs in my family, and ive done a couple cycles, and took 4 weeks of PP which ended about 1 month ago. Heres the results

Cholesterol- 194 (<200)
    triglycerides - 65 (<150)
    HDL - 22 (>35)
    LDL - 159 (<100)

the (#) is the normal levels for men. I got a prescription for crestor. Im planning on starting my next cycle starting July 15th, any advice???

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    doesnt look to good bro.. i wouldnt run another cycle unless things improve.. health comes first

I suspose to go back in 8 weeks for blood work again to see if it improved. Probably a good idea to hold off on starting till then

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronswt84
    I suspose to go back in 8 weeks for blood work again to see if it improved. Probably a good idea to hold off on starting till then
    yea bro def a smart idea to hold off..

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    The Crestor will help you levels so much you won't believe it. Got my LDL down to (16).

awesome, thats what I like to hear. It runs in my family, and I really want to get my next cycle up and running, but i dont want to kill myself either.

cmax is offline Associate Member
    Those numbers don't look terrible. Their not ideal, but you did do a PP cycle a month ago and after that you ran PCT. How long ago did you finish your PCT for your PP cycle?

If you are so concerned re-run this test in a month or so. If they haven't corrected themselves then you can blame it on your heredity. Have you had these tests run in the past? If so what were your results back then?

heredity

I finished my pct a week or so ago, im still running 10mg of nolva though till my bottle runs out, which its almost out. Last blood test I had was when I was 18, so 4 1/2 years ago, results were normal. The doc wants me back in 8 weeks to see if there was any change.

cmax is offline Associate Member
    Hold off on your next cycle until you get these blood tests run if you want accurate test results.

I'll make an appt to get the blood tested at the end of July so if Im all clear I can start beginning of august.

JayRN is offline New Member

Talking

This is my first post for this site. Until now I have not seen anything that I could give more advise on that was not already given. As far as this cholesterol issue, I have done a great deal of research and have personal experience with this problem. If you would like I can give several suggestions on some herbs that are pretty damn good at lowering LDL, TRIG, and Total chol. Some are also effective at raising HDL. I am currently going to anesthesia school and chose to do a research paper on this issue. Anyway here are the names of some products that I think would be of great significance to you if you look them up. Niacin(Inositol Hexanicotinate) known as no flush niacin, Guggul(some good sh t.), Curcumin, Chromium as (Polynicotinate), Red Rice Yeast, Lecithin, Pantethine(vit B5). Oh, by the way, niacin is also known as vit B3. Anyway here are a few. If you decide to take a look at these products and would like to know of more just let me know. I know to me it was a relief to know that I could control my chol without having to buy expensive prescriptions. And the cool thing is these products are cheap.
    Last edited by JayRN; 06-13-2006 at 09:59 PM.

thanks jay, what would you say is the best of those, or best combo of those to take?? thanks again

Act of God is offline Member
    I would bet that your levels would normalize further given a little more time. I after I came off cycle my blood was messed up for a little longer than a month. My tri-g's were off the chart, my total cholesterol was like 200 and my HDL was a ****ing 4!

I think my doctor knew what was up, because he didn't seem to be too worried about it. He told me to come back in like a month. I did and it was all good.

Are you doing any cardio work? how's your diet?

45mins of cardio ed, diet is in check.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRN
    This is my first post for this site. Until now I have not seen anything that I could give more advise on that was not already given. As far as this cholesterol issue, I have done a great deal of research and have personal experience with this problem. If you would like I can give several suggestions on some herbs that are pretty damn good at lowering LDL, TRIG, and Total chol. Some are also effective at raising HDL. I am currently going to anesthesia school and chose to do a research paper on this issue. Anyway here are the names of some products that I think would be of great significance to you if you look them up. Niacin(Inositol Hexanicotinate) known as no flush niacin, Guggul(some good sh t.), Curcumin, Chromium as (Polynicotinate), Red Rice Yeast, Lecithin, Pantethine(vit B5). Oh, by the way, niacin is also known as vit B3. Anyway here are a few. If you decide to take a look at these products and would like to know of more just let me know. I know to me it was a relief to know that I could control my chol without having to buy expensive prescriptions. And the cool thing is these products are cheap.
    Great first post Jay, I just had BW done and my results were VERY similar to the above mentioned..
    If you wouldn't mind, like Aaron asked what combinations and dosages of each as I'd like to take them for the next few weeks before my next Dr. appt.

Thanks.

yeah I def. want to know, my meds were damn expensive even with insurance

Talking

Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys, Ive been studying my **s off. I take the no flush niacin at 1500mg twice a day. First dose after Bkfst and Second after Dinner. I also take the Chromium(Polynicotinate) 400mcg(micrograms) twice a day. Chromium is also great for metablism and burning fat with increased energy. Curcumin 900mg once a day. Pantethine(vit-B5) 300mg three times a day Policosanol 10mg twice a day. Now taking all of these may not be needed to do the trick, but It has worked great for me. These particular ones I think are the best due to their ability to raise HdL at a greater percentage than any prescription drug. They also kick ass on lowering total chol and LDL.
    Last edited by JayRN; 07-11-2006 at 07:54 PM. Reason: misspelled word

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Put it off bro.

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    DEFINITLEY get the cholesterol in check FIRST...then proceed when all is back to "normal" levels....its just not worth the risk of doing permanent damage bro. Niacin & policosanol are the way to go from what I have read.I am taking both now during the VAR part of my cycle...good luck.

anyone know the effects of clen on your bloodwork, i got off clen on sunday, bloodwork on monday, hoping it doesnt mess with it too much. Im getting my cholesterol checked, full test panel, full estro panel, and my thyroid checked. My main concern was with the last one, the thyroid.

Ufa
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronswt84
    well high cholesterol runs in my family, and ive done a couple cycles, and took 4 weeks of PP which ended about 1 month ago. Heres the results

Cholesterol- 194 (<200)
    triglycerides - 65 (<150)
    HDL - 22 (>35)
    LDL - 159 (<100)

the (#) is the normal levels for men. I got a prescription for crestor. Im planning on starting my next cycle starting July 15th, any advice???
    Take the crestor and wait until you LDL is lower than your HDL. The LDL is
    your bad cholesterol. You want it below 50. Mine is 16.

Please get it in check first..its important-LONG TERM.
    Right at the end of my VAR cycle looked like this:
    overall 216
    HDL 13 should be over 40
    LDL 176 should be under 130
    Tri 133
    getting it re-done after 6weeks off var
    doc says it should go back to normal without any probs. I have heard GREAT things about red rice yeast!

Ufa
    getnjakked----Does Var mess up your HDL?

Just curious cause I'm currently taking Var.

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    Ufa, yea man Var will mess with your cholestrol for sure, its great overall but cholesterol is affected the most when using var.....

I recommend taking Niacin, red yeast rice, policosanol, and garlic while using var, it definitely helps.....

Ufa
    Thanks Captain. I'm taking Zetia, statins give me sides.

No prob man, best of luck

absolutely will mess up HDL..my bro told me about a few of his buddies on red yeast rice & its really cutting into their cholesterol problems...CAPT knows his VAR!!!! GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND BRO!!

CAPT knows his VAR!!!! GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND BRO!!
    Haha, ...thanks alot bro!

yea alot of guys consider var very mild, and yes while thats true there are larger dangers to using it without monitoring your levels....its the side effects we cant see that can be the most harmfull....take care guys

Cholesterol is a silent killer!

Thread Information