bball_playa is offline Associate Member

what do you think Landis was taking

my bet is he was taking some test suspension. any takers

soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member
    ima go wit test prop

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Nothing!!

1819 is offline Senior Member
    he better take his "be a man" pill. he's been duckin the media and his mom has been speaking for him.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I think it was revealed it was EPO and/or Test. i read the article really quickly this morning so dont quote me on it but EPO is really popular with cyclists thats where they derive the most benefit from

pdog80 is offline Banned
    We should find out in the next week or so.

jp_blois is offline Junior Member
    Probably transdermal test

gobig99 is offline Associate Member
    my guess it that this post thread should be in the lounge not here

Prada is offline Anabolic Member

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I hope nothing

dangeroussafety is offline Junior Member
    i was thinking test suspension cuz they said he used it to have a great stage 7...sounds like a next day sort of thing

brutesinme is offline Member
    would the application of any form of test cause the rapid turnaround landis experienced? Would test even be helpfull for endurance trained athletes?

unvme9180 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    I think it was revealed it was EPO and/or Test. i read the article really quickly this morning so dont quote me on it but EPO is really popular with cyclists thats where they derive the most benefit from
    agree 100%, there is also that substance that gives you the ability to focus extrememly well even when you dont have adequate sleep. they say Bonds was on it in "book of shadows". cant remember what its called, but he could have been on that as well. but definetly test and epo.

again, why does everyone think that exogenuous test would be an asset to an endurance athlete?

Don't start speculating on what may have helped him, the only result that has been shared is an un-natural epitest to test ratio. The only doping that that points to is test supplementation, he DID NOT TEST POSITIVE FOR EPO, so why the hell are you discussing it?

the pitbull is offline New Member
    Must be good stuff to kick in so much in one day.

unvme9180 is offline Associate Member
    plenty of athletes dont show a positive test for substances. does that mean that they dont use the substances or that maybe the substances they are using cant be picked up by tests yet. IMO the athletes are 1 step ahead of the tests.

Lion King is offline Junior Member
    Landis takes a cortico-steriod for his hip problem. I believe they found his test levels to be low and out of balance with other hormones which raised these questions. This would be a normal response with the anti-inflamatories.
    Also, I would think almost all riders at this level are blood doping from there own previously taken blood. It is much harder to detect. EPO is easily detected.
    Test can be taken only sparingly by endurance althletes. Anavar and winstrol would be a more logical choice for Landis. No bloating, weight gain or burning pumps.

BADASS323 is offline AR'S BAD ATTITUDE
    Quote Originally Posted by brutesinme
    would the application of any form of test cause the rapid turnaround landis experienced? Would test even be helpfull for endurance trained athletes?
    highly unlikely

I posited these questions rhetorically, in order to make the point that i think this positive test for doping is questionable. I feel, like many of you i would guess, that doping is rampant in cycling. That being the case, i cannot see any way that test could be responsible for his turnaround and in absence of other positive tests, i will hold the conclusion that doping did not signifigantly aid his remarkable comeback.

pdog80 is offline Banned
    There was a live interview this morning with Landis and he said that he has high levels of natty test in his body. Whatever.

longtom74 is offline Junior Member
    the test will bulk up the thighs. U need a lot of strength as well as endurance up those hills. Plus the strength is essential in sprints for the finish.

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    my understanding is that they are tested AT LEAST 6 times during the tour.Dont you think If he was on some type of test that he would have tested positive in ALL or at least MOST of the tests & not just one?? & it would be impossible for him to inject -lets say -the night b4 his big comeback & have any type of test kick in the next day-we all know it takes a while for it to actually kick in...although it may be in the system. Anyway...I really hope he wasnt taking anything & it was due to something natural or due to his hip injury..

Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    my understanding is that they are tested AT LEAST 6 times during the tour.Dont you think If he was on some type of test that he would have tested positive in ALL or at least MOST of the tests & not just one?? & it would be impossible for him to inject -lets say -the night b4 his big comeback & have any type of test kick in the next day-we all know it takes a while for it to actually kick in...although it may be in the system. Anyway...I really hope he wasnt taking anything & it was due to something natural or due to his hip injury..

Thank you, at least someone seems to be thinking clearly about this

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    Thank you, at least someone seems to be thinking clearly about this

your welcome

How can that little guy have naturally high test levels....
    How can that little guy be taking test and look like that...

Next time on the twilight zone.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    How can that little guy have naturally high test levels....
    How can that little guy be taking test and look like that...

Next time on the twilight zone.
    YAH IF HE HAD naturally High TEST.. Than why didnt he fail all other previous TESTs.....

I bet his defense is gonna be well.. I took this and that legal supplement and naturally raised my TEST levels... like HCG or something..

He'll be like Its all NATURAL nothing SYNTHETIC like steroids ..
    which would be an interesting case..

We'll see...
    but yah more than likely its TEST SUSP OR TEST PROP LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pooks
    YAH IF HE HAD naturally High TEST.. Than why didnt he fail all other previous TESTs.....

I bet his defense is gonna be well.. I took this and that legal supplement and naturally raised my TEST levels... like HCG or something..

He'll be like Its all NATURAL nothing SYNTHETIC like steroids ..
    which would be an interesting case..

We'll see...
    but yah more than likely its TEST SUSP OR TEST PROP LOL

Nah he'll mention test boosters like at a supplement store LOL.

I can see it now, every teenager buying test boosters thinking it will do something. I sence a new creatine for the public.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion King
    Landis takes a cortico-steriod for his hip problem. I believe they found his test levels to be low and out of balance with other hormones which raised these questions. This would be a normal response with the anti-inflamatories.
    Also, I would think almost all riders at this level are blood doping from there own previously taken blood. It is much harder to detect. EPO is easily detected.
    Test can be taken only sparingly by endurance althletes. Anavar and winstrol would be a more logical choice for Landis. No bloating, weight gain or burning pumps.

Wrong, comsidering the consensus is that up to to 70% of the pro tour is on EPO it's obviuosly not easliy detectable
    YOu can main line EPO for a couple weeks, get your RBC count up, and since a RBC lasts for around 90 days you can reap the benefits of EPO far longer than the 5-10 days SYNTHETIC EPO is detectable

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    At this point it's pretty clear that Landis was taking exogenous testosterone .

He failed the IRMS test which does an isotope analysis of the carbon atoms in his excreted testosterone. The ratio of C13 to C12 is different between plant and animal derived food. Since most synthetic test is derived from plant sources, it will have a plant-like ratio. His ratio was well outside the normal range for a North American male.

Most likely he was taking transdermal testosterone . While not normally a huge boost for an endurance athlete, remember that this was right before the seventh stage when most of the riders are getting close to their physical limits. The recovery benefits of test could make a real difference at this point especially over the course of 12 to 24 hours. As long you are careful with the dosage, you could use a test patch everyday yet not trip the T/E ratio and be subject to the IRMS test. I suspect he screwed up somehow and got a much higher dose of test that he expected which led to his current situation. I'd love to see IRMS tests done on all of the riders - not just the stage leaders and overall winner. I suspect that Landis would have lots of company in the busted category.

Thread Information