stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member

priming and loss of strength

im priming for a cycle now, im 2 weeks in and i have lost considerable amounts of strength. Im actually apporoaching my pre juice strength level (given I am 20lbs lighter now). Now is this acceptable.. I am following Marcus 3000 adiveses on this one. I am supposed to start my cycle in two weeks but this real fast drop of strength has got me on my hind legs...

on a side note: I am doing real intensive cardio (I need it for other sports) with high HR so that will possibly impact this priming negatively.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    yes its known for strength to decrease with weight loss....But what are your goals???...to lift 500lbs or to look like you can lift it.

AleX-69 is offline Member
    priming=carb depletion=loss of strenght ... nothing to worry though.. Do you refeed on a regular basis?

i refeed every 3-4 days, if u mean go about 10% over maintenance... To me its not as much about the looks as for some other ppl, my goals are: to be as strong as possible with as good cardio as possible on top... so basically I have to compromise... I have noticed a significat increase in catabolism with intesifying my cardio workouts.. but i wouldnt mind lifting 500 lbs someday.. even as its not very useful for anything... =)

but so u are basically saying this loss of strength is acceptable and the reward will be there after i start my cycle... I was expecting to lose some strength but not this much..

i don#t loose that much strenght during a prime maybe 10%.. if its more that is mostly due to intense cardio... if you loose to much strenght that may also be a sign of muscle tissue breakdown. i rather would eat more or reduce the cardio..

im actually a lil over 10 % but u are saying that 10 % aint that alarming then? U think the following cycle will give that much extra atleast? and it is nicer ofcourse to get leaner, I must admit.

Depends on your cycle. but in general even without AAS you will gain your strenght back in a short amount of time when you are completly carb loaded again. remember to drink enough fluids, ...

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    How are you priming?

what was your maintanance carbs before priming?

I dont know the exact amounts.. i eat around 400-500 G's of protein a day now. Carbs are following.... one piece of bread in morning, 100G's in recovery drink , and some amounts in meals during the day.. it varies quite a bit depending on where i eat.... but in general carbs and fat are low.. i have dropped my carbs to about 1/3 of what they were... and then one day in 4 days about Im eating carbs normally or little more. This may sound that Im sloppy with my diet but during these years I think I know my diet pretty well with out the exact grams...

Thread Information