nyny2916 is offline Associate Member

time off=different gains??

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Last edited by nyny2916; 01-21-2011 at 12:55 PM.

pdog80 is offline Banned
    This is a question that Marcus could answer completely. In my opinion, you would make better gains taking 12 weeks off but how much better I wouldn't know.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    gains are not what you should be worried about...you want to take enough time off for your body to completely recover, and ensure that it will be able to recover as well in the future..need to get the natty test production back up, get the lipid profile back in order, etc

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    After a 12 week cycle the PCT should be run until you have fully recovered sometimes it take more time than normal,sometimes less depends on the cycle,

The more time you have off the body always seems to respond better the following cycle, this is because the body as become fresh again and any tolerance which it built up as now gone, the problem with having adequate time off is trying to keep the gains, alot of people thing because they are not on gear its impossible to build muscle or maintain it so they go back on sooner than they should and then they complain there are not receiving the gains they should,

When i have time off i think of this as my start of the next cycle, i love this time getting my body back to normal and refreshing it, with this time after PCT i always prime the body this takes weeks to do properly and i know at the end of doing this and the start of my cycle i am going to explode, alot of it is mental after PCT you have to think of it different than not being on, think of it as the start of the build up to the cycle,

Maintaining while off is the key everyone is different here but more or less food is the key and various other compounds what help to maintain but food is no1 in my eyes, so if your asking me is 6 weeks long enough to have off i would say no it isn't, you wont receive anymore gains infact i would like to bet you would get less gains than before because of the tolerance you have built up, 6 weeks isn't enough but blood work would tell you this.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Marcus: what exactly do u need to look for in ur BW that tells u that now u will respond to a new cycle well? Is it the HPTA? if so what is the reasoning behind this and is there alot of anecdotal evidence? To clarify: if ur HPTA is recovered would u still benefit from additional waiting or would that mean u would at that point respond well to a new cycle?

Stpidhippo, your body gets under stress with cycles and blood work determines if you are back to normal, i mean everything back to normal,

With AAS over the years Ive noticed with myself and many other BB's that you do without doubt build up a tolerance to gear and more is needed and normal the gains slow down with every next cycle, its adequate time off which is the key to further gains because if you don't you end up using more and more gear which in turn makes it harder and harder to recover which in turn makes it harder to maintain, get the picture? its a vicious circle which many are in,

Problem is maintaining the gains while off which is the big problem when you find out how to do this by food, and all the other compounds what help then you will have the ability to produce further gains every cycle,

theres no set point of number of weeks to go back on this is a individual thing of getting to know your body,

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I dont think enough people take enough time "off". Many jump "on" again far too soon and see little/no gains in strength/mass. Bloodwork can determine how your body is after PCT. I got my bloodwork back Friday and all is normal after 14 weeks of Tbol/Enan and Test Prop at the end. I'm not going back "on" though, I'm going to try and hold out to Jan 07. Then use less gear and prime the body. Thats almost 7 months "off".

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    I dont think enough people take enough time "off". Many jump "on" again far too soon and see little/no gains in strength/mass. Bloodwork can determine how your body is after PCT. I got my bloodwork back Friday and all is normal after 14 weeks of Tbol/Enan and Test Prop at the end. I'm not going back "on" though, I'm going to try and hold out to Jan 07. Then use less gear and prime the body. Thats almost 7 months "off".
    The above sounds very educated planning, all you have to do is try and maintain the gains while off using various methods it can be done but at some time you will have to go back on to to keep the levels high enoungh to keep the muscle mass you have, its carefull planning and listening to your body and reacting to it,

swifto try and prime for as long as possible do it slowly the gains are remarkable and will amaze you if the right cycle is planned and the correct compounds,

good luck

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    The above sounds very educated planning, all you have to do is try and maintain the gains while off using various methods it can be done but at some time you will have to go back on to to keep the levels high enoungh to keep the muscle mass you have, its carefull planning and listening to your body and reacting to it,

swifto try and prime for as long as possible do it slowly the gains are remarkable and will amaze you if the right cycle is planned and the correct compounds,

good luck
    Thanks Marcus. I need to read more about this priming as I;d be the first to admit I dont know much about it, how to do it etc..

I'm also going to change a few compounds around this next cycle and see what happens.

BIG_T_MC06 is offline Associate Member
    Marcus as a general rule should time off = time on. I do 4 weeks on 4 weeks off following short heavy cycles.

T

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_T_MC06
    Marcus as a general rule should time off = time on. I do 4 weeks on 4 weeks off following short heavy cycles.

T
    General rule is time on+PCT = time off

As for short heavy cycles go no set amount of time should be given to recover, do pct untill fully recovered which noramlly is faster than longer cycles,

walkfast is offline Junior Member
    hello marcus300
    you write that (The above sounds very educated planning, all you have to do is try and maintain the gains while off using various methods it can be done but at some time you will have to go back on to to keep the levels high enoungh to keep the muscle mass you have, its carefull planning and listening to your body and reacting to it,)

this the main problem why people return to next cycle sooner .,so if you donot mind can you give me ideas and planing how can i maintain when iam off .please, please
    thank you

Thread Information