guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test

ONLY AR binding AAS...?

What steroids if any, cause muscle growth by ONLY binding to the androgen receptor?

Can anyone expalin this?

Do DHTs act strongly on the AR ?

19 nors like deca and tren do correct?

Would we be able to increae the effects of intramuscularly injected steroids by regulating the androgen receptor or increasing its sensitivity to any given steroid ?

^^^^^

Warrior21 is offline Associate Member
    methyltrienolone

So basically I dont have to sorry if I have some kind of polymorphism disorder I suppose.

huh? Lost me on that one bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    What steroids if any, cause muscle growth by ONLY binding to the androgen receptor?

Can anyone expalin this?
    Depends on how strictly you are talking about "Only" binding to the AR...in general, No- there would be no steroids which can be said to only promote growth via AR mediated pathways...there is receptor crosstalk to think about, heterodimers, etc.......binding to the AR and inducing gene transcription is only one mechanism of action of anabolic steroids, and it's doubtful that there's even one steroid in existence that has somehow got the ability to not create heterodimers with the GCR/ligand, or initiate receptor crosstalk, or influence non-receptor mediated anabolism. I suppose the answer to the question is in how strictly we use the word "only" by binding to the androgen receptor.

Steroids can act on the CNS almost immediately (think about the aggression brought on with something like Cheque Drops , Halo, or Methyltest...it's almost immediate....), or can act on the cell membrane (both of which are non-AR mediated effects) Steroids work on various non-AR receptor driven pathways (MAPk, ERK, MEK, etc), as well as cAMP, lipase and other kinase pathways (PI3K, PKA, PKC, etc), and even on ion fluxes (Ca++). All of these pathways are atypical pathways, and can all be non-AR mediated....

I mean...you get a boost in your CNS from a steroid, and that's non-AR mediated, so you go and lift more weights on the gym because you're more aggressive. Are we counting that kind of thing as a non-AR mediated anabolic effect? It's difficult to really seperate things like this....and again, I think it depends on how strictly we define growth "only by binding to the androgen receptor"...

Do DHTs act strongly on the AR ?
    Some do, some don't. DHT itself binds very tightly to the AR, while Oxymetholone (Anadrol ) has a binding affinity too low to be measured....Winstrol has low binding affinity as well, and is DHT-derived.

19 nors like deca and tren do correct?
    Nandrolone and Trenbolone bind very tightly to the androgen receptor, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior21
    huh? Lost me on that one bro.

I meant I dont have to WORRY, not SORRY.

Interesting anthony.

I was being strict by "Only the AR".

So is it possible to have some kind of "polymorphism" problem at the AR, rendering anabolics less effective? Someone told me this is possible.

I don't think it's much of an AR problem as it is metabolism. Think about it. Didn't you make good gains before gear? If you had an AR problem then I imagine your natural test wouldn't bind so well either. You'd probably be fag-like. Hehe I was joking about that but you know what I'm saying.

Anthony, can you help us on my non-responder post?

Thread Information