Dangerdan is offline Senior Member

EQ or Deca with Sust?

Stats:
    27 years old
    Lifting 6 years
    6'1 210lbs and 10% bf
    Approximate lifts, Deadlift 425, Squat 450, Bench 315.

Last cycle finished mid july (300mgs deca weekly), plus PCT. Results were very good, I gained about 25 lbs and have kept about 20lbs while reducing my bodyfat a couple percentage points. My Avi is a fairly recent photo.

Goals:
    I am planning to enter my first comp next summer and my next cycle will be used to add some mass without putting on too much fat. I would like to keep my bodyfat in the 12-15% range. This will not be used as my pre-competition cycle. I would like to see results of another 15-20lbs of muscle after pct.

I am planning to run (and have already acquired) sust 250 which will be run at 250mg twice weekly. I am aware that some believe sust should be run ED or EOD but I have decided on twice weekly and do not need any comments regarding this issue please.

My question is whether to run EQ or Deca as my second compound along with the Sust. The two possible cycles look like this:

Sust: 500mg weekly, weeks 1-12
    Deca: 400mg weekly, weeks 1-10

or

Sust 500mg weekly, 12 weeks
    EQ 400mg weekly, 12 weeks

I am also thinking about adding an oral compound (and I have asked about this in previous threads). Since this is my second cycle, would you guys recommend that I avoid the oral and stick with the two compounds or perhaps add a 5-6 week tbol jumpstart?

I would appreciate any comments/suggestions. Let me know if anyone would like any additional information.

DangerDan

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    "I would like to see results of another 15-20lbs of muscle after pct"

Deca is going to give you a better shot at adding that type of mass.

Thanks Roid, that is kinda what I was thinking but since my only cycle so far has been with Deca , I kinda wanted to try new compounds.

RA
    No problem. How was your pct like with the deca last time?

For pct, I ran nolva only at the advice of a friend. I started the deca only cycle before I had much knowledge about AAS (not that I know alot not) and only had the nolva on hand. Had I had a bit more knowledge at the time, I may have run PCT differently.

That being said, i didn't experience any major problems. I'm having bloodwork done on tuesday so I will see where my test lvls are now but I haven't had it checked before to know where it was at before the cycle. During PCT, I didn't lose any weight but did lose a few pounds of muscle and replace it with fat. At the end of PCT I was at about 215 with maybe 14%bf. My strength also went down a bit, but the strength loss through pct was minor as well.

As far as sexual side effects, I think there may have been some impact there but it was minimal. During the cycle, I noticed a slightly increased sex drive which tapered off during PCT and continued to be low for a month or so after the cycle. It is now back to normal, but again any change in sex drive was minor. I may have experienced a minimal amount of ED as well throught and after PCT. While I was always able to "get it up," erections were not as full and long lasting as normal. A bottle of liquid-V took care of this minor inconvenience and this has also subsided by now as well.

RA
    Cool. Sounds like your good to go with test/deca . I was just asking because personally I have a harder recovery in pct with deca.

BUT, its a great mass builder....

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerdan
    For pct, I ran nolva only at the advice of a friend. I started the deca only cycle before I had much knowledge about AAS (not that I know alot not) and only had the nolva on hand. Had I had a bit more knowledge at the time, I may have run PCT differently.

That being said, i didn't experience any major problems. I'm having bloodwork done on tuesday so I will see where my test lvls are now but I haven't had it checked before to know where it was at before the cycle. During PCT, I didn't lose any weight but did lose a few pounds of muscle and replace it with fat. At the end of PCT I was at about 215 with maybe 14%bf. My strength also went down a bit, but the strength loss through pct was minor as well.

As far as sexual side effects, I think there may have been some impact there but it was minimal. During the cycle, I noticed a slightly increased sex drive which tapered off during PCT and continued to be low for a month or so after the cycle. It is now back to normal, but again any change in sex drive was minor. I may have experienced a minimal amount of ED as well throught and after PCT. While I was always able to "get it up," erections were not as full and long lasting as normal. A bottle of liquid-V took care of this minor inconvenience and this has also subsided by now as well.

Roidattack, How do you feel about maybe adding an oral to this cycle? I was thinking a dbol or tbol jumpstart or maybe even a 6week oral winny addition at the end?

RA
    Roidattack, How do you feel about maybe adding an oral to this cycle? I was thinking a dbol or tbol jumpstart or maybe even a 6week oral winny addition at the end?

Yeah...sus/deca /dbol great stack. Ive never personally used tbol but I hear good things about it and winny would be good to run into pct.

I'm thinking I'll try to get a jumpstart by using dbol for the first six weeks. Is there any good way to combat the bloating associated with dbol? Letro maybe?

RA
    I'm thinking I'll try to get a jumpstart by using dbol for the first six weeks. Is there any good way to combat the bloating associated with dbol? Letro maybe?

Personally I hate letro. I wouldnt use it unless I had a lump. Dont worry that much about the bloating. More weight=heavier lifts=bigger muscles in the end. If its way too much just use a little adex.

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Letro is very good at blocking progesterone due to the fact it eliminates estrogen completely. You can't have progesterone without estrogen. If you're thinking about running Deca , you NEED to have a porgesterone blocker or you could really raise your prolactin, and nobody but Bino likes gyno!

So back to the original question; is everyone in agreement that I should run deca instead of EQ? The only reason I wanted to run EQ is because I ran deca in my last cycle and was thinking about trying different compounds.

Also, and I'll probably ask this in pct forum too, who agrees with Phreak that I should be running a progesterone blocker during the full cycle if I use deca and who thinks I should just use it if gyno developes?

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    use them both.they are two totally different compounds with 2 totally different effects

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I would stick with deca along side sus, eq is weak and at 400mg per wk isnt going to give any gains at all, even at high dosages eq is not worth taking imho

Thanks for the input Devil and Marcus. I originally planned on doing:

Sust 500mgs weeks 1-12
    EQ 400mgs weeks 1-12
    Deca 400mgs weeks 1-10

Since this is only my second real cycle, I decided to keep it to only two compounds. I'm thinking its probably gonna work out best to use the deca and sust combo.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Thanks for the input Devil and Marcus. I originally planned on doing:

Sust 500mgs weeks 1-12
    EQ 400mgs weeks 1-12
    Deca 400mgs weeks 1-10

Since this is only my second real cycle, I decided to keep it to only two compounds. I'm thinking its probably gonna work out best to use the deca and sust combo.
    Id agree.

Alright then, I'll run Sust and Deca . How do you guys feel adding dbol weeks 1-4 or 1-6 at maybe 40mgs daily? I've never used an oral before.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Deca all the way

Good to see sneaking outside the lounge tai. How do you guys feel about throwing in dbol on this cycle?

Good to see sneaking outside the lounge tai. How do you guys feel about throwing in dbol on this cycle?
    i love DBOl and ALL ORALS!

So dbol at 30mgs daily for weeks 1-6?

RA
    I would do 40 1-6

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    if you got it use it bro,you want to be big you need to think big,I'd run the d-bol for 10 weeks...toxicity is overrated..Im with thai,I love orals
    looks like a nice cycle,train hard and eat your ass off (clean though)

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    if you got it use it bro,you want to be big you need to think big,I'd run the d-bol for 10 weeks...toxicity is overrated..Im with thai,I love orals
    well all be someone else thinks like i do around here

Didn't you have a thread just like this before? lol

Sust, Deca , EQ, Dbol = COMPLETE OVERKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can grow enough off of one compound. Why add all the others in... Just to make it "look cool" < tai

Seriously to much. They all stimulate growth, MUSCLE.
    Narrow it down. Test & Decca for a 2nd cycle you will gain plenty!

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    Statement of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    Didn't you have a thread just like this before? lol

Sust, Deca , EQ, Dbol = COMPLETE OVERKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can grow enough off of one compound. Why add all the others in... Just to make it "look cool" < tai

Seriously to much. They all stimulate growth, MUSCLE.
    Narrow it down. Test & Decca for a 2nd cycle you will gain plenty!
    IF you had read the thread, you would see that I wasn't planning to run Sust, Deca, EQ, and Dbol. Good use of the caps and exclamation points though on "COMPLETE OVERKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!"

IF you had read the thread, you would see that I wasn't planning to run Sust, Deca, EQ, and Dbol. Good use of the caps and exclamation points though on "COMPLETE OVERKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sorry , I just skimmed through considering this is your second thread on this issue.

I saw someone mention all of them.

My bad, sorry I was looking out for someone elses health.

And I never knew how font on a page could have SUCH A NEGATIVE Effect on SOMEONE!!!!!

So Hellmask, I take it you think that adding dbol as an oral is overkill for my second cycle? I'm still not sold on the idea of using an oral this cycle.
    Last edited by Dangerdan; 09-29-2006 at 05:21 PM.

no need to rush things.. there are plenty of cycles to come

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I wish I wouldve used tren /mast for my first cycle. or at least NPP/mast

Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    I wish I wouldve used tren/mast for my first cycle. or at least NPP/mast
    i love the dht/nor combo..

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i love the dht/nor combo..

Yea, I am excited about trying it myself for the first time. You should critique my cycle

Thread Information