big_tone is offline Junior Member

dnp, i look fatter?

Guys, over the last few months i've been doing a couple cycles of dnp and my weight have fluctuated back and forth.

During a 1 week cyle, i'd lose anywhere from 4-6lbs then when post-cycle hits, i gain all the weight back and weight even more. This happens all the time...

The weight i gain after going off dnp just doesn't go back to the weight i lost when i'm on dnp and i'm usually heavier then when i began dnp.

I'm 5 feet 10 and have a 32-34 inch waist and it looks likes a michelin wheel. I don't know if this is bloat because whenever i have a cheat meal/day i look as if i'm pregnant.

These last few months, i've been jumping on dnp off and on every two weeks, is it just because i don't allow my body enough time to release the water retention???

pdog80 is offline Banned
    Why are you doing 1 week cycles of dnp ? Don't you know that you should be doing 3-4 week cycles to get the most out of it?

skipp is offline Senior Member
    Wow you're using dnp like clen . IMO dnp isn't worth it. For 4-5lbs just eat right!

Quote Originally Posted by skipp
    Wow you're using dnp like clen. IMO dnp isn't worth it. For 4-5lbs just eat right!
    i do eat right other then the occasional sundays.

Then you should be able to lose 4-5lbs natty in two weeks

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    AM cardio ?

Quote Originally Posted by big_tone
    i do eat right other then the occasional sundays.
    sudays?, what are sundays?.... i don't even remember that last time i touched a sunday.... fix your diet buddy, no sundays,,, and lots of cardio... you can't eat crap and expect a few pills of DNP to get you into shape
    Last edited by michaelmotorcycle; 08-30-2006 at 12:05 PM.

Actually dnp is like magic, it's hell, but it's magic. I've read several logs where people did nothing and ate an 'eh' diet and still lost weight.

But if you're not losing, do it the long way like the rest of us.

SHAGGY is offline Member
    Hi there,

Even though all that has been stated is true and maybe you should consider stoppin the DNP , but I would like to know what your weight fluctuation can be attributed to. Maybe you should try going of the DNP for a month or even more and dieting dow, after that period you can asses wether it was water retention or anything else. Considering what you said about cheat days I do tend to believe it is water retention, don't know for sure though.

Hope somebody else can clarify the situation.

SHAGGY

SHAGGY is offline Member
    I don't think he meant sundays as in ice cream, I believe he meant sundays as in cheat days.

SHAGGY

u could replace DNP for an hour of intence cardio at 5am befor brakfast, and good food

Quote Originally Posted by SHAGGY
    I don't think he meant sundays as in ice cream, I believe he meant sundays as in cheat days.

SHAGGY
    oh my bad.... ok fine then don't cheat on sundays..... i think icecream sundays is splet a diffrent way

SHAGGY is offline Member
    Perhaps your thyroid levels are very low, this could explain a bit of the weight gain but not that much.
    How many months have you been cycling it like that?? At what dose??

SHAGGY

edit: spelling

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Sounds like you're experiencing the classic "Yo-Yo Dieting" syndrome, in which the latter state is worse than the former.

People react to fat loss differently, and extreme fat loss in an even more varied way. Remember, it's not like liposuction, the fat cells are only being extracted from, not eliminated. Thus, they can be reinflated/engorged after cessation.

Though most disciplined bber’s can handle this, it would necessarily pose a unique problem for some people, especially overeaters (not that you’re one of those). The primary (there are others) problem yo-yoers experience is their natural tendency to subconsciously respond to fat loss by eating to replace it. This causes the body’s intake/weight monitor, the hypothalamus to deem the fat (and water) loss as anomalous (out of order or place) and to enact homeostatic measures to restore balance and normalcy.

Such overcompensation would logically be even more pronounced with the addition of DNP ’s incredibly rapid fat/water only reduction. Thus, keeping the newly lost fat off requires a very conscious effort until the system resets itself regarding the loss as acceptable.

So in a sense, you have to diet for a time after discontinuing DNP use.

You should also read the thread “Belly Fat”, Lipodissolve might be of interest to you.

M.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    At first glance it seems you may have not been running a small dose of T3 with the DNP ... how about the other ancillaries? Did you carb deplete then carb load afterwards along with thyroid support and coleus forskolli to jumpstart the thyroid?

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    Sounds like you're experiencing the classic "Yo-Yo Dieting" syndrome, in which the latter state is worse than the former.

People react to fat loss differently, and extreme fat loss in an even more varied way. Remember, it's not like liposuction, the fat cells are only being extracted from, not eliminated. Thus, they can be reinflated/engorged after cessation.

Though most disciplined bber’s can handle this, it would necessarily pose a unique problem for some people, especially overeaters (not that you’re one of those). The primary (there are others) problem yo-yoers experience is their natural tendency to subconsciously respond to fat loss by eating to replace it. This causes the body’s intake/weight monitor, the hypothalamus to deem the fat (and water) loss as anomalous (out of order or place) and to enact homeostatic measures to restore balance and normalcy.

Such overcompensation would logically be even more pronounced with the addition of DNP ’s incredibly rapid fat/water only reduction. Thus, keeping the newly lost fat off requires a very conscious effort until the system resets itself regarding the loss as acceptable.

So in a sense, you have to diet for a time after discontinuing DNP use.

You should also read the thread “Belly Fat”, Lipodissolve might be of interest to you.

M.
    Great post magic.

You're absolutely right. I think that's the primary reason why some people fall into that "yo-yo" type of dieting. Too many times will people come off of dieting, only to eat poorly, and put it all back on. DNP or not, your body needs to reset itself after fat loss.

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by SHAGGY
    Perhaps your thyroid levels are very low, this could explain a bit of the weight gain but not that much.
    How many months have you been cycling it like that?? At what dose??

SHAGGY

edit: spelling
    I've started dnp in may i think and did 6 cycles at 4-600gm doses each for 1 week/2 week off until now. I've started at 190lbs anywhere from 18-20% bodyfat. Now, i'm 185lbs at about 15% bodyfat but sometimes i look fatter then i really am...

At first, i wasn't planning on doing that many dnp cycle but the bloat and weight gain afterwards kept pissing me off so i did more and more cycles but each ending at the same result. Its like if i got down to 180lbs during the dnp cycle, post cycle i'll balloon up back to about 186-188 post-cycle and stay there until i start another dnp cycle, lose back to same weight at 180, and getting backing up 6-8lbs post-dnp again. I don't see myself any leaner during the weight-loss on dnp either, i actually look quite bloated...

I think i did manage to lose 10lbs over-all during the course of these few months but felt i should've lost way more. Each dnp cyle i lose about 4lbs, so over 6 dnp cycles i should've lost 24lbs of fat already.... Not to mention when i'm off dnp, i diet and do my cardio. So, it should be about 30lbs of fat loss since may.

I dunno if i'm actually leaner then i really look now because i can't tell if i'm holding alot of water retention. Guess, i'll stay off dnp from now on.

SHAGGY is offline Member
    Good choice, you should stay off of it for a while and get some bloodwork don just to asses how your body is doing.
    Keep us updated on what happens and how you feel.

Hope you got an acceptable answer, if not maybe this bump will help.
    Bump.

SHAGGY

V_Vandetta is offline Senior Member
    just another note when dealing with DNP ........ DNP will cause you to hold water and you wont see the results untill 5-6 days after the DNP cycle is stoped when the water comes off Also as said before DNP can and alomost always shuts your natural T-3 down but no worries the dnp will burn fat ... also depending on The MG dose will depend on the length you run the DNP cycle ::::::::: 400mg per day is a very safe dose CRYSTLINE VERSION and can be run for 14 days thus a higher dose less days 10 min ........ and from personal experance cardeio is a NO NO on DNP .... DNP IS CARDEIO 24 HOURS A DAY even while you sleep

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    how long does it take for ur body reset?

fred9 is offline Member
    thyroid hormones are completely depleted in the end of a dnp cycle..so when you stop it needs some time to get those hormones back to optimal levels..so then diet is still very important...i think thats your whole problem, if you eat less kcals then what your body needs then u will loosing weight..especially while ur on dnp..

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I can't believe people would rather take a highly dangerous chemical than actually making an effort and doing more cardio. Post your diet for critique.

fred9 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    I can't believe people would rather take a highly dangerous chemical than actually making an effort and doing more cardio. Post your diet for critique.
    your right but,
    some people don't have the discipline to follow a good diet..
    I wondering right now, can discipline to follow a right diet also be a genetic thing?!

Thread Information