Tbone1975 is offline Member

Keeping gains after long times off

I was wondering if some of you guys who've gone off for 6 months or longer would care to share your experiences about how things went for ya. Did you keep any of it, some of it, all of it? I've read a lot of contrasting viewpoints on this topic. I read one guy say he started naturally at 190, bulked to 280 while juicin, then after 2 years off he said he kept a lot of it and was sitting at about 230, bf being equal with all those weights. I've also read about guys losing everything. What are your opinions? Also, just from my own personal experiences, it seems like when I go off for pct, I keep just about everything as long as I go off at a low dose. One time I went off at a high dose and even with pct I dropped a lot of strength. Off the top of my head I think it stinks if you lose everything while coming off. Wouldn't muscle memory allow you to get it back? Or is muscle memory a crock of sh*t? From personal experience I think it is definately a positive factor in the game, but I'd like to hear your opinions on all of this. Much appreciated if you care to help.

Chad B is offline Banned
    bump...

doctadank is offline Junior Member
    diet/training/rest will determine the answer.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    well he was 230... that much is maintainable most likely.... Im 270 lbs now (not lean by any means) and I cant maintain that after cycle... been 280 even but always drop to where I was before cycle.. not in the first few months but eventually. Natty I weighed 260 lbs with a little bit higher BF. On another note which IMO strengthens my point: my legs werent as strong as my upperbody (in comparison) when I started to juice and I seem to be able to maintain stregth to my lower body alot better.. now that they have imptroved also Im starting to see the same thing happen to them ..
    Last edited by stupidhippo; 10-13-2006 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doctadank
    diet/training/rest will determine the answer.
    to a degree....

Thanks guys. I think this is an interesting topic and would like to hear a variety of opinions if anyone cares to share them.

Vegas67 is offline Member
    I keep about 20-30% of my weight gains cycling test and tren ...even with clomid and other PCT. Lots of water of course. Thats why I am taking a anavar and primobolin ride to see if I can keep a little more %

doctadank is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    to a degree....
    yeh obviously if your 30lbs over your genetic muscular limit then of course your oging to shrink, but you can minimize at much as possible with a solid diet

fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    bump

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    i always keep most of my gains, during pct is when i feel that i could loose some, so i just take in more calories.. why would you juice if you lost most of your gains? just a wast of all that hard effort.

to taz: how big are u and how long do u wait until your next cycle? That is y Im prolly gonna stop juicing after this cycle.. I mean its pointless if u are gonna lose all the gains when u stop juicing eventually. I mean if I do time on = time off I could still grow but lets say 6 months off after a cycle then its almost all gone... for me anyway.... still hoping that this isnt the case though...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazwell
    i always keep most of my gains, during pct is when i feel that i could loose some, so i just take in more calories.. why would you juice if you lost most of your gains? just a wast of all that hard effort.
    It would suck if you lost everything. Say you juiced for 5 years and gained 100 pounds. Then, when you went off for a long time, eventually you lost everything. Technically, not only did you lose everything, you also lost 5 years of training that you would have made forward progress on. I know once you hit "the wall" progress slows dramatically, but gains still come if you're patient, just a lot slower. If I knew for a fact you lost everything before I started juicin, I do think I still would've anyway. I may cut it short if I find out for sure. But.........I at least would have wanted to feel "the power" LOL.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    to taz: how big are u and how long do u wait until your next cycle? That is y Im prolly gonna stop juicing after this cycle.. I mean its pointless if u are gonna lose all the gains when u stop juicing eventually. I mean if I do time on = time off I could still grow but lets say 6 months off after a cycle then its almost all gone... for me anyway.... still hoping that this isnt the case though...
    I usually do at least time off = time on, but it has been around seven months since my last cycle.. if your loosing gains maybe your foundation and legs need work..

i mean i dont lose the gains from my legs cause they are less developed... now that they have caught up I cant seem to hold on to those gains either... but ur picture it looks like u are what? 220? I mean its good and lean also BUT I am 270 lbs.. by no means lean but I am starting to doubt that it is past my genetic limit if there is such a thing.. maybe someone else is more genetically gifted, dunno..

Thread Information