ascendant is offline Senior Member

heart rate increase while on gear

i know this happened to me with cycles in the past as well, but just wondering if anyone knows the cause of it and experiences the same thing? my rhr before starting the cycle was about 55-60bpm. i'm on the beginning of my 3rd week of the gear, and my rhr averages about 80bpm now. sometimes though, it will beat even a little faster for seemingly no reason.

i'm assuming the cause for the increase in my hr is because of the extra blood volume the gear caused, but just wondering if it's a typical side-effect or one of the less common ones? just never really heard anyone mention it before so figured i'd ask.

oh, just to add in as well, i've checked my bp and it's nice and low as always.

frank12391 is offline Member
    Yes, I get it too with test. I don't seem to get any answers here though. I know exactly what your talking about. I believe it is accociated with high BP. I take Atenolol, an antihypertensive that I got from my doctor and I take half doses. Seems to settle the palpitations.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Ahh, the joys of gear!

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    yup, always happens to me too.. BUT I dont feel its the extra volume of blood.. first of all that takes time to manifest and also isnt blood volume more associated with high BP but not HR.. Maybe increased basal metabolic rate causing that increase in HR? anyone else with suggestions? To frankie: beta blockers will reduce heart rate but that isnt to do with the effect they have on BP. Maybe a correalation could be if gear raises sympatic tonus which then would raise HR and BP... dunno, its an interesting question.

V_Vandetta is offline Senior Member
    for me my BPM is always higher on cycle.. and for me It will differ depending on a few things Like current BF diet and breathing..... not so much the AAS

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    think about it your hr is going to have to work harder if your weight just increased.

again that doesnt explain y HR goes up 20 beats while weight hasnt even gone up yet...

V_Vandetta is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    again that doesnt explain y HR goes up 20 beats while weight hasnt even gone up yet...

what about placibo(spelling) just being hyped can raise BP and BPM ...... good question I am going to look into this I really ever gave this much thought

not in this case (at least my own). My RHR is about 60 normally and after a week of gear its about 80.. it happens always and Im so used to it and it doesnt change... mught be related to the same reason I sweat like a pig while on cycle... the difference is huge in my case... I personally think it has to do with increased metabolic rate but what is exactly I dont know..

by the way what is BPM?

on a side note (sort of similar theme) Im kinda happy my cycle is over soon.. I love the ganis but at this point of the cycle my cardio is really hurtin. As I do BJJ/submission wrestling it really hurts in that... but I really think the increased HR, BMR, easy gassing are all related in their reasons.. maybe the gasssing has to do with the water retention and viscosity more, dunno.... I would love to hear solid facts from this topic...
    Last edited by stupidhippo; 10-16-2006 at 12:43 PM.

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    B.P.M. = "Beats per minute" (just like in club music).

I've always gotten high blood pressure while using steroids , esp. Anadrol .

Cut WAY down on your salt intake. Your body will retain a lot of water while on gear, and that water weight is responsible for a lot of the high bloodpressure, even if you haven't gained that much body weight per se. One of the first drugs they try for high blood-pressure are diuretics.

-BigLittleTim

i think nowadays diuretics arent usually the first line drugs anymore.. in most cases anyways... also salt usually effects BP very minimally, its only some 10 % or sumin in that ballpark of ppl who have a very sensitive RAAS system whose BP is very dependant on sodium intake... for normal ppl the average difference in normal vs low salt intake is only a few mmHg.

frank12391 is offline Member
    Hippo, I'm deff not an expert on cardiovascular but what do you think about the effect aas has on the thyroid: Higher heart rate, higher metabolic rate and increased appetite, Dosn't it sound like the simptoms of an overactive thyroid? Dunno iether, Anyone??

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    wow, a lot of interesting stuff on this thread. good to know the increase in rhr while on gear is a lot more common than i thought.

regretfully at this point, i don't have a lot of personal feedback to give on the comments in here. a lot of interesting theories posed, but i really don't know what is accurate. keep it coming though and hopefully someone will come along that can clarify it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by frank12391
    Hippo, I'm deff not an expert on cardiovascular but what do you think about the effect aas has on the thyroid: Higher heart rate, higher metabolic rate and increased appetite, Dosn't it sound like the simptoms of an overactive thyroid? Dunno iether, Anyone??
    actually isnt AAS use supposed to slow thyroid down.... yes the symptoms are similar (those u mentioned).. maybe the increased metabolic rate is what eventually causes the thyroid to slow down (some sort of contol mechanism)or is there another mechanism for that... dunno, actually gonna look into that later tonight... its 7 am here, time to go to school, ecch..

Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    wow, a lot of interesting stuff on this thread. good to know the increase in rhr while on gear is a lot more common than i thought.

regretfully at this point, i don't have a lot of personal feedback to give on the comments in here. a lot of interesting theories posed, but i really don't know what is accurate. keep it coming though and hopefully someone will come along that can clarify it for us.
    also this is based on nothing except that it seems to me that RHR is effected more with ppl who have it reasonably low to start with... just an observation and I could be wrong.

Thread Information