seriouslifter is offline Member

smoking cigarettes

who smokes them on cycle or just in general with lifting, well especially while on cycle? Does this effect muscle gains or anything on cycle?

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    im a smoker, never effected me

SS1476 is offline Senior Member

V_Vandetta is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslifter
    who smokes them on cycle or just in general with lifting, well especially while on cycle? Does this effect muscle gains or anything on cycle?

UMMMMMMMM hell yes ... Breathing brother... cardiovascular getting Oxygen to the blood.... not to methion the restriction to the lungs to do this.... So YES Smoking is very very bad .. and will hinder a work out .. how can your work out when you cant breath

Quote Originally Posted by V_Vandetta
    UMMMMMMMM hell yes ... Breathing brother... cardiovascular getting Oxygen to the blood.... not to methion the restriction to the lungs to do this.... So YES Smoking is very very bad .. and will hinder a work out .. how can your work out when you cant breath
    obviously im not going to smoke a cig before or after i work out. I mean when drinking really.

carguy_z28 is offline Banned
    I know Im new, and that, but I smoke and drink regularly, and I have put on quite a bit of weight, First cycle mind you, but Im happy with it. and Im in the millitary, have been since 17 yr old, so, I run all the time, smoking has never really effected me that much. The surgen general fails to inform us that non smokers die every day!!! lmao

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy_z28
    I know Im new, and that, but I smoke and drink regularly, and I have put on quite a bit of weight, First cycle mind you, but Im happy with it. and Im in the millitary, have been since 17 yr old, so, I run all the time, smoking has never really effected me that much. The surgen general fails to inform us that non smokers die every day!!! lmao
    What a second.Your telling me thst their are other ways to die other that smoking.I dont beleive it

V_Vandetta is offline Senior Member
    obviously im not going to smoke a cig before or after i work out. I mean when drinking really.

well smoke when you drink To LMAO Sorry but How can you train work out drink smoke ... when running a cycle ... well bro you are hindering your gains in a big way... diet training and over all great body health...

just wondering why even cycle ? is it to have a better body? look and feel your best? if so than smoking and drinking Is a contrdictition (sp) sure look good while your lungs suffer with your liver with drinking IMO I would saty away from cycleing .. until you figure whats more important ....But thats me I lost my mom to cancer among other health problems ..... SO i am very jaded
    Last edited by V_Vandetta; 10-24-2006 at 08:34 PM.

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    Guess it all comes down to how
    serious you take your training...IMO

2bshredded is offline Member
    I agree with V, if it does'nt effect you now..or so you might think it's not, it will catch up with you. I speak from my own experience, I quit 20 years ago.
    As far as drinking, same thing... but I'm guilty as hell in this area. But, I'm old so who gives a fvck!

bootkampboy is offline New Member
    nicotine can hinder protein synthesis in your muscles, so can alcohol. why blow your dollars on that garbage anyways? it makes other parts of your body weak (lungs, heart, liver, stomach, the list goes on). stop fooling yourself and get rid of it all.

Jsik98 is offline Member
    Nicotine has anti-estrogenic properties......If you run out of your AI on cycle up it to 2 packs a day and you'll stay dry and gyno free No, but seriously, of course it's going to have a hindering effect on you overall progress....to what degree will vary depending upon your cardiovascular health... I would keep it to a minimum.....

THE_BOSS is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SS1476
    Guess it all comes down to how
    serious you take your training...IMO
    Second that.

THE BOSS

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    This is deff one of the best replies ever

cantspeak is offline Associate Member
    cigarettes really have no part in a bodybuilding lifestyle, but nicotine itself good a great diet aid

I don't smoke or drink.

But I can see someone doing both and still make good gains.
    I try to live a healthy lifestyle, so I take very little of everything.

Some of you are acting like cigs and alcohol are going to cause problems down the road while taking grams of AAS is healthy for the body. lol

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I quit smoking after getting flamed to hell on this board. Now I haven't smoked for a couple of years. Cardio is better, I feel better, I get less colds/flu and my appetite improved. Now I can actually taste what Im eating so i dont have to cover my meals in salt and ketchup. It does hinder growth but apart from that why carry on. Look at the pros and cons.

Pro - It makes me look cool
    Con - You have yellow fingers and you smell
    Pro - I enjoy it
    Con - It kills me
    Pro - I like the taste
    Con - you GF won't

Man up and quit, smoking is for the weak minded.

Hephens is offline Member
    My rule is Monday to friday in the clear so eat, train and sleep well. Weekend i make my self drink only once a week if i have to so like saturday night and if i am going to have a smoke i smoke after training. If your going to smoke a pack a day, theres no point in training, too much pressure on your body but i feel i'm quiet fine with just a couple of cigies after training, ofcourse it would be better not to smoke at all but i need to to take my mind of things. drinking on the other hand i would find worse, if you traind that day and drunk that night you would of wasted your time, the alcohol would of ate all your protien, lol. Yes people can still get good gains even if they smoke or drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephens
    My rule is Monday to friday in the clear so eat, train and sleep well. Weekend i make my self drink only once a week if i have to so like saturday night and if i am going to have a smoke i smoke after training. If your going to smoke a pack a day, theres no point in training, too much pressure on your body but i feel i'm quiet fine with just a couple of cigies after training, ofcourse it would be better not to smoke at all but i need to to take my mind of things. drinking on the other hand i would find worse, if you traind that day and drunk that night you would of wasted your time, the alcohol would of ate all your protien, lol. Yes people can still get good gains even if they smoke or drink.
    yeah im only goin to do it on the weekends and that is after i train obviously. I will still have my strict diet and everything. Im not going to smoke much, prob not even a pack a week. I just want to smoke some while i drink.

Thread Information