IAMCDN is offline Associate Member

Steroids and Accutane????

Does anyone know if it is safe to use steroids while taking accutane? I know accutane is tough on the liver, but will i be making it worse if i used say...test cyp, or winny???

test C and winny (depot, not tabs) do not affect liver values as drastically as an 17aa tab would.

Good question, I am curious to see how these would interact.

Bump for ya mate

fighter0728 is offline Junior Member
    I had a similar question years ago, someone on this site showed me a website that tells you what prescriptions cant be taken with others. ive been out of the scene for quite a while so i dont remember the website but im sure someone here knows it address. im definetly no pharmacist but personally i would be very carefull when on accutane. I wouldn't take risks while on a medication that requires regular blood tests to make sure everything is going ok.

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    Many of you know that i work in dermatology,yes...accutane "stress" your liver but i dont think that it can be harmfull with some roids.How bad is you acne,is this accutane are prescribe by a Dr. or you get it on-line...?

LPR...dermatology.

Z12
    Z12 is offline Associate Member
    You get your blood tested on accutane anyways, so your doctor can watch out for any problems. Also, just start out on 20 or so mg/day, a small dose, and if you start to break out, just up the dose immediately.

fighter0728 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z12
    You get your blood tested on accutane anyways, so your doctor can watch out for any problems. Also, just start out on 20 or so mg/day, a small dose, and if you start to break out, just up the dose immediately.

the problem with this is that if they do detect problems the doctor will probably assume it is a reaction to the accutane. if this happens you can either blow a lot of money paying for copays on various tests pretending you dont know why, or admit to your doctor that your on juice while taking accutane and you didn't bother to tell him. im sure your doctor will love to hear that and be happy to keep you as a patient. seems the most obvious solution here would be to finish your six months on accutane and then do a cycle.

vermin is offline Member
    Acne is better than accutane, IMHO. Accutane destroyed 1/3 of my liver.

Z12
    Z12 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fighter0728
    the problem with this is that if they do detect problems the doctor will probably assume it is a reaction to the accutane. if this happens you can either blow a lot of money paying for copays on various tests pretending you dont know why, or admit to your doctor that your on juice while taking accutane and you didn't bother to tell him. im sure your doctor will love to hear that and be happy to keep you as a patient. seems the most obvious solution here would be to finish your six months on accutane and then do a cycle.
    Yea, I meant tell your doctor. Mine was very accomidating. I got lectured for a while but he agreed to help. Blood tests will be altered slightly for AS. Be sure to ask him (as advised on this site) about liver damage vs. elevated liver values. Of course liver values will be unusual, but is it causing damage?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Growingpains
    test C and winny (depot, not tabs) do not affect liver values as drastically as an 17aa tab would.
    Good question, I am curious to see how these would interact.

Bump for ya mate
    Winstrol orally administered and injected is the same toxicity to the liver.

I wouldnt be using one of the most liver toxic compounds (Winstrol) with Accuatne. Unless, I guess, BW was done very regularly. Every 3-4 weeks, personally.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by LatinoPR
    Many of you know that i work in dermatology,yes...accutane "stress" your liver but i dont think that it can be harmfull with some roids.How bad is you acne,is this accutane are prescribe by a Dr. or you get it on-line...?

LPR...dermatology.
    I have acne and am on Accuatne now at 20-40mg/ED and my acne is getting better. It was baught, by me, in Spain at a pharmacy and is made by Roche (best brand I hear). I will though run out and am looking to buy some from elsewhere. There is a company called, Cipla India, who I will get my next batch off. Is that ok do you think? I can get more Roche for free I think, if I go see a derm in the UK.

i will be using test cyp on this cycle. i am talking 60mg ed. of accutane. i've been on accutane for 3 months now and no serious sides accept for cracked lips. what do you guys think of test cyp, while on accutane???

bump

Thread Information