ky123 is offline New Member

Is This An Abscess?

Decided to use some Primo in my current cycle so decided to use 400mg of Primo. The Primo came in 5ml sachets(similar to fast-food ketchup packs) and I pulled through the pack. The gear came from a VERY reputable company that i cant name due forum rules. Im a doc and i have always used great sterile technique, never had a problem with any post inject complications after 5 years of cycling. I only use syringes/etc only from my hospital.

I prepped the primo packet with alcohol before pulling, and injected 400 R glut. Next day had alot of pain, but no redness, never felt "hot" at the site etc. Never spiked any fevers. On my fourth day post inject the pain is still there, very difficult to sit down comfortably, however no fevers, never felt hot to touch. The area didn't feel flaccid to suggest an abscess, but absesses can be tricky, i've been fooled myself on patients b4.

So last night i did an ultrasound on myself (im a radiologist). It didn't show a discrete abscess, but something called a phlegmon, basically what that means that theres something there but it could be a resolving hematoma, or even an early abscess formation. Either way nothing drainable. I also am on a crap ton of antibiotics. So basically im on day 5 post inj, and still hurts to the point it is very uncomfortable to sit.

So, my question to the very wise bros in this forum is, has anyone had any similar problems with gear that you get from "packs" like the ones described above?

I am really hoping that maybe they use a different osmolarity or something in their gear that cause irritation and painful induration at the inject site, and therefore would be an explaination for these symptoms im having.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Mate this hasnt happened to me but there have a been a few members here with similar problems as a result of using sachets. The best advice is that you should filter them before you use them. One guy came on here flaming the shit out of his source because he got really sick as a result. Just be real carefull with those things.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    that or it is just primo. I am sensitive to primo and get the same pains whn i use it, never had an abcess. But yeah those packs have been getting a lot of mixed reviews and some negatives I have heard were that the sterility was comprimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Mate this hasnt happened to me but there have a been a few members here with similar problems as a result of using sachets. The best advice is that you should filter them before you use them. One guy came on here flaming the shit out of his source because he got really sick as a result. Just be real carefull with those things.
    Just got back w/some blood work and got a CTscan and repeat US. My WBC count is not elevated and there's no shift on my differential which doesn't point to abscess. The CT/US basically shows whats on physical exam, a large disc-like mass right below the subQ fat in my R glut.

There is a fairly large hard very painful mass at the upper portion of my Rglut now and its difficult to walk and near impossible to sit. I'm really pissed off b/c nothing points to sterility of the gear or inj technique, but rather its probably a super high BA content of the gear i used causing a "sterile" inflammatory response in my glut, and therefore could've been totally avoided.

Has anyone else had problems with really painful post inj sites using gear in packets? (St***** L***) Is there any way i can cut down the BA content by heating the gear alittle? I guess i can cut the gear with something but then i'd have to get some b12 somewhere or something. This pain is completely debilitating, i've only worked out once in the past 5days, i usually have a high threshold for pain, but this is ridiculous. I have a couple hundred bucks of this crap and I can't be laid up like this for every single inject.

zk7
    zk7 is offline Banned
    Dude, get some pain killers, ask your doctor for a prescription of mild pain killers or some cream cortisone or something to reduce inflamation. I think the BA will be destroyed or evaporate or whatever by the Body but may take a while.

Better take some pain killers, tylenol , or whatever cuz it may be a long ride. And stop using Sachet crap! Be safe! damn your a doctor you cant be sick, doctors are invulnerable.

snoopy is offline Associate Member
    could it be a hematoma? or possibly the oil is not the best at dispersing in the muscle, and its just hanging there. Your the doc what do you think? If you have not temp, no redness i think your fears are just running away with you. You must have friends in the hospital who can trust ask them to take a look. regardless of what a good doc you are its difficult to see your own arse.

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    We need more docs on this board. Hope all is well.

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ky123
    Just got back w/some blood work and got a CTscan and repeat US. My WBC count is not elevated and there's no shift on my differential which doesn't point to abscess. The CT/US basically shows whats on physical exam, a large disc-like mass right below the subQ fat in my R glut.

There is a fairly large hard very painful mass at the upper portion of my Rglut now and its difficult to walk and near impossible to sit. I'm really pissed off b/c nothing points to sterility of the gear or inj technique, but rather its probably a super high BA content of the gear i used causing a "sterile" inflammatory response in my glut, and therefore could've been totally avoided.

Has anyone else had problems with really painful post inj sites using gear in packets? (St***** L***) Is there any way i can cut down the BA content by heating the gear alittle? I guess i can cut the gear with something but then i'd have to get some b12 somewhere or something. This pain is completely debilitating, i've only worked out once in the past 5days, i usually have a high threshold for pain, but this is ridiculous. I have a couple hundred bucks of this crap and I can't be laid up like this for every single inject.
    Yeah, I was going to point the finger at high BA content too. If you work in the medical field, you should think about doing your own homebrews. That way you can be sure what you are using is sterile and done right. Only thing I found to help with high BA content is cutting it with another injectable that you know is painless, dilute it down that way. I tried baking it at 250 degrees in the oven and I think it helped a bit, but its hard to say.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    An abscess is a generic term for a localized collection of pus surrounded by inflamed tissue. If it's undrainable, either at or below skin level, then you've got something else.

I would say......but I'm actually glad you didn't.
    Best to you,

M.

kevlev1 is offline Female Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by BITTAPART2
    that or it is just primo. I am sensitive to primo and get the same pains whn i use it, never had an abcess. But yeah those packs have been getting a lot of mixed reviews and some negatives I have heard were that the sterility was comprimised.
    Bittapart2,

You're may be right about the primo being sensitive to some users. I use 1ml/week (schering ampule) and feel some pain for the first couple of days...but tolerable.

ky123,

Are you gonna give it another try? Let us know.
    Last edited by kevlev1; 12-21-2006 at 03:55 PM.

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ky123
    Decided to use some Primo in my current cycle so decided to use 400mg of Primo. The Primo came in 5ml sachets(similar to fast-food ketchup packs) and I pulled through the pack. The gear came from a VERY reputable company that i cant name due forum rules. Im a doc and i have always used great sterile technique, never had a problem with any post inject complications after 5 years of cycling. I only use syringes/etc only from my hospital.

I prepped the primo packet with alcohol before pulling, and injected 400 R glut. Next day had alot of pain, but no redness, never felt "hot" at the site etc. Never spiked any fevers. On my fourth day post inject the pain is still there, very difficult to sit down comfortably, however no fevers, never felt hot to touch. The area didn't feel flaccid to suggest an abscess, but absesses can be tricky, i've been fooled myself on patients b4.

So last night i did an ultrasound on myself (im a radiologist). It didn't show a discrete abscess, but something called a phlegmon, basically what that means that theres something there but it could be a resolving hematoma, or even an early abscess formation. Either way nothing drainable. I also am on a crap ton of antibiotics. So basically im on day 5 post inj, and still hurts to the point it is very uncomfortable to sit.

So, my question to the very wise bros in this forum is, has anyone had any similar problems with gear that you get from "packs" like the ones described above?

I am really hoping that maybe they use a different osmolarity or something in their gear that cause irritation and painful induration at the inject site, and therefore would be an explaination for these symptoms im having.

Can be the alcohol concentration on your gear,some ppl said that this particular gear is painfull,so you can disolve with oil or B12.Or if you are a Dr. you can get human grade gear....no ?

LPR...dermatology.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoPR
    Can be the alcohol concentration on your gear,some ppl said that this particular gear is painfull,so you can disolve with oil or B12.Or if you are a Dr. you can get human grade gear....no ?

LPR...dermatology.
    Yeah well, im a radiologist i don't want to start messing around using my own dea # and i guess i could find an endocrine that will start me up with human grade but i just finished residency, i kinda want to settle down in my practice before i do that.

Basically with my CBC so benign i put myself on some high dosages of NSAIDS and its working. So i guess it was the BA content after all.

I got some pointers on heating up the gear before using it, at 250. And i guess i'll script some b12 for myself to dilute it. What a pain. There is really no reason for the BA in any gear to be so high. If they are so worried about sterility they should reevaluate their production process from the start.

Anyway thanks for the help bros, much appreciated

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    A pic might help. GO to the er or a doc asap

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sterile oil is better for diluting, IMO. B-12 is water based and can be counter productive IMO.

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMA5
    Sterile oil is better for diluting, IMO. B-12 is water based and can be counter productive IMO.
    Yeah, just go online and order some sterile cottonseed oil or olive oil. If I were you I would look into making my own solutions. Being a radiologist you wouldnt have any trouble brewing up your own, its just like being back in chemistry class again! Really simple and it wont hurt nearly as bad.

Thread Information