ascendant is offline Senior Member

Question CJC-1295 - better than HGH???

well, i can get this stuff and it seems to be very promising, but i have not heard about it before so i'm hoping you guys might be able to help. on the site, it talks about how this chem basically significantly increases not only GH production, but IGF-1 production as well. it is pretty expensive and something i'm not even remotely familiar with, so i wanted to hear from you guys on any studies, personal experience, or other information you could provide on this chem?

from it's claims, it sounds amazing, and supposedly despite it's high price, they say it's much more cost effective than getting HGH. it's $120 for 4mg of the stuff, but i'm not sure what the dosage would be as it was not indicated on the research labs site.

here's some of the info from the site regarding this chem:
    "Long-Acting GHRH Analog (CJC-1295) Stimulates GH and IGF-1 Secretion in Normal Adults for Up to Two Weeks After a Single Injection. CJC will keep a steady increase of HGH and IGF-1 for with no increase in prolactin"

"GHRH1-44, also known as Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (other synonyms are GRF and GHRF), is a peptide that is produced in the hypothalamus and secreted to stimulate the release of human growth hormone (hGH). It consists of a 44 amino acid long sequence and is released in a pulsatile fashion similar to the pulsatile release of hGH. The active portion of this peptide can be found as a 29 amino acid long peptide and is appropriately named GHRH1-29. This pulsatile release of various peptides is due to the negative feedback loop that is part of the hGH axis and controls the amount of hGH that your body produces to keep it in a homeostatic environment. Despite the effectiveness of GHRH to stimulate growth hormone release there are a number of problems associated with using it in vivo. The most noteworthy problem is the half life of the peptide, which has been shown to be ~7 minutes using advanced HPLC technologies that have proven to be very accurate. The reason for this relatively short half life is due to an enzyme called dipeptidylaminopeptidase IV (DPP-IV), which has a high affinity for the amino acids Ala and Pro and in the case of GHRH it cleaves the 1 and 2 positions that consist of Tyr-Ala, creating GHRH3-29, an inactive form of the peptide. To prevent the problems associated with natural GHRH, pharmaceutical companies looked at new ways to increase the half life and bioavailability of these smaller peptides with technologies that work far different than other technologies, such as PEGylation.

This brings us to the introduction of a far more stable form of GHRH called CJC-1295. CJC-1295 is a tetrasubstituted peptide analogue of GHRH with D-Ala, Gln, Ala, and Leu substitutions at positions 2, 8, 15, and 27 respectively. These substitutions create a much more stable peptide with the substitution at position 2 to prevent DPP-IV cleavage, position 8 to reduce asparagine rearrangement or amide hydrolysis to aspartic acid, position 15 to enhance bioactivity, and position 27 to prevent methionine oxidation. These substitutions are key in increasing the overall half life of CJC-1295 but there lies an even greater reason as to why the half life has been extended from ~7 minutes to greater than 7 days! Bioconjugation is a relatively newer technology that takes a reactive group and attaches it to a peptide, which in turn reacts with a nucleophilic (usually a partially negative molecule) entity found in the blood to form a more stable bond. Albumin, one of the most abundant substances in the human body is chosen as the nucelophile by this particular peptide thanks to a Cys34 thiol group that attracts it. By combining the tetrasubstituted GHRH analogue with maleimodoproprionic acid using a Lys linker, you create a GHRH peptide with a high binding affinity for albumin. Once the CJC-1295 molecule has attached itself to albumin, it is given an extended half life and bioavailability thanks to the albumin preventing enzymatic degredation and kidney excretion. In fact, bioconjugation is so effective that there was less than 1% of CJC-1295 left unreacted in vivo and over 90% was stabilized after subcutaneous injection. This means that you get more of what you paid for working for you. There was no DPP-IV degredation observed on CJC-1295 in any of the various experiments conducted.

Due to the extremely long half life of CJC-1295 it is plausible to use this peptide once per week with outstanding results. Much like compounds such as testosterone enanthate , however, it would be wiser to use ½ dosages twice per week to keep serum levels high and to get maximal GH release and limit the pulsatile fashion of hGH. Various experiments have been conducted to test the effectiveness of CJC-1295 in vivo and the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism has reported dose-dependent increases in mean plasma GH concentrations by 2-10 fold for more than 6 days and increased IGF-1 concentrations 1.5-3 fold for 9-11 days after a single injection! Not only that but they proved the mean half life to be 5.8-8.1 days and after multiple doses showed mean IGF-1 levels remained above baseline for up to 28 days following! No serious adverse reactions were reported in any group. The graphs below show that this peptide has the ability to stimulate growth hormone very significantly and is much more cost effective than illegally buying hGH.

Another very positive benefit of CJC-1295 is its ability to promote slow wave sleep. Slow wave sleep is also known as deep sleep and is the portion of sleep responsible for the highest level of muscle growth and memory retention. SWS is decreased significantly in older adults and also with people who tend to exercise later in the evening."

Anyway, if anyone can confirm the validity of the sites claims, please let me know. Though the companies very credible, i'm of course wary simply because of not only the price, but if it would even be worth it? Also, if anyone knows if this is something that as with HGH can be taken year round, please let me know as well.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    sounds like it will serve only to raise natty levels to maximum, no? i think products like these have already been around for a bit, i think...maybe i didn't get it...

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    well to my understanding the mechanism it promotes igf production is through increased GH.. IGF's being the primary active hormones here.. so to me it sounds funny to say: it promotes both GH and IFG production (unless it does it more than actually GH - but I doubt it in this case cause it is a GHRH analogue)

as far as the product:

I would find oyt how it tests on humans... is it safe in long term etc.. des it cause some permament damage to the thalamial - pituitary axis regarding GH production etc..

without more knowledge Id choose good ole HGH

thanks for the feedback hippo. this stuff is from a company that's very credible, so i doubt they'd wanna sell something that isn't effective. as far as safety however, that would be left to question i suppose, though according to the claims on the description of the chem, there were none. though it's possible, it's not likely that there are absolutely none. the site does have it's own discussion forum, but you know it will be edited and such to make their products look good and i doubt they'd allow anyone to say the stuff is a waste of money on there. it may however let me know if there is any potential side-effects to this stuff.

i guess at this point, i'll try and research this stuff on my own and if it does turn out to sound good, i'll give it a shot (no pun intended ). if it works as good as the claims seem to make it out to be, i'll definitely let you guys know. always nice to have something new to work with, and a cheaper alternative to HGH would be great.

ok , keep us updated.. thats the one benefit that makes sense.. if its cheper than HGH and as effective.. y not preferr it.. but yeah keep us updated and good luck with it...

alright, i did some research on pubmed and found some answers. seems like this stuff is the real deal. i had a few other people confirm the same, but of course pubmed is pretty difficult to argue with. here's an interesting quote directly from pubmed that you guys might find quite interesting...

"Prolonged stimulation of growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor I secretion by CJC-1295, a long-acting analog of GH-releasing hormone, in healthy adults.

CONTEXT: Therapeutic use of GHRH to enhance GH secretion is limited by its short duration of action. OBJECTIVE: The objective of this study was to examine the pharmacokinetic profile, pharmacodynamic effects, and safety of CJC-1295, a long-acting GHRH analog. DESIGN: The study design was two randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, ascending dose trials with durations of 28 and 49 d. SETTING: The study was performed at two investigational sites. PARTICIPANTS: Healthy subjects, ages 21-61 yr, were studied. INTERVENTIONS: CJC-1295 or placebo was administered sc in one of four ascending single doses in the first study and in two or three weekly or biweekly doses in the second study. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: The main outcome measures were peak concentrations and area under the curve of GH and IGF-I; standard pharmacokinetic parameters were used for CJC-1295. RESULTS: After a single injection of CJC-1295, there were dose-dependent increases in mean plasma GH concentrations by 2- to 10-fold for 6 d or more and in mean plasma IGF-I concentrations by 1.5- to 3-fold for 9-11 d. The estimated half-life of CJC-1295 was 5.8-8.1 d. After multiple CJC-1295 doses, mean IGF-I levels remained above baseline for up to 28 d. No serious adverse reactions were reported. CONCLUSIONS: Subcutaneous administration of CJC-1295 resulted in sustained, dose-dependent increases in GH and IGF-I levels in healthy adults and was safe and relatively well tolerated, particularly at doses of 30 or 60 microg/kg. There was evidence of a cumulative effect after multiple doses. These data support the potential utility of CJC-1295 as a therapeutic agent.

PMID: 16352683 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    "

so, now all i have to do is find out what doses of this stuff is comparable to taking what levels of HGH and i'm set. i'll be buying the stuff as soon as it's off backorder from the company and will let you guys know how it worked.

vermin is offline Member
    The thing here is you'l need to check your blood. 3-5 fold increase in IGF equates to exactly what for you? Depending on your goals, you probably want at least 1500 U/L IGF for at least 6 months. For most folks, that is at least .3IU/kg per week. So, 30IU/week HGH (6IU on a 5/2 schedule) for a 220 pound male appears potentially comparable to about 6000micrograms/week of this stuff (which should, I think, be 6mg/wk).

That's my math - you'd be smart to verify with bloodwork.

Quote Originally Posted by vermin
    The thing here is you'l need to check your blood. 3-5 fold increase in IGF equates to exactly what for you? Depending on your goals, you probably want at least 1500 U/L IGF for at least 6 months. For most folks, that is at least .3IU/kg per week. So, 30IU/week HGH (6IU on a 5/2 schedule) for a 220 pound male appears potentially comparable to about 6000micrograms/week of this stuff (which should, I think, be 6mg/wk).

That's my math - you'd be smart to verify with bloodwork.
    awesome bro. thanks for the info. yea, i'll have to look into that. from what someone had told me, all you need is 1mg/wk of this stuff for amazing results. then again, this wasn't coming from his personal experience but from someone he knew. anyway, another thing to take into account here is that it not only bbosts that hgh, but the igf on top of that.

as far as 30iu/wk of HGH, that's a little more than i was planning to do. i just wanted to do some low levels of it for mood elevation, fat loss, and during cycles, more growth. i'm not looking to get 300+, and i have a friend who takes 2iu/day with amazing results.

anyway, i'll continue doing my research and see what i can find.

Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    anyway, another thing to take into account here is that it not only bbosts that hgh, but the igf on top of that.
    IMO this is wrong cause ofcourse if it boosts GH it boosts IGF's, GH's primary active mediators are IGF's... GH stimlates IGHF production and what i understood the only mechanism that a GHRH analogue does is increases HGH.. it shouldnt have an own pathway to increase IGF independantly of GH.

Chapman393 is offline Associate Member
    Not to jack the thread but how many iu would one need to do a productive cycle of HGH?
    Last edited by Chapman393; 01-10-2007 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    IMO this is wrong cause ofcourse if it boosts GH it boosts IGF's, GH's primary active mediators are IGF's... GH stimlates IGHF production and what i understood the only mechanism that a GHRH analogue does is increases HGH.. it shouldnt have an own pathway to increase IGF independantly of GH.
    sorry, i had no idea. i haven't done much research on HGH mainly cause in the past i couldn't get it. now that i can, i'm just trying to weigh my options here.

now that i know HGH raises IGF as well, that's just another thing to take into account. i'm still trying to research this cjc-1295 stuff and planning on keeping you guys posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman393
    Not to jack the thread but how many iu would one need to do a productive cycle of HGH?
    well, depends on what you're looking to accomplish, what you're taking along with it, and how long you plan on taking it. doses vary anywhere from 2iu/day up to (i believe) about 8iu/day. however, in low doses, this stuff can be very beneficial for your body, while taking the higher end can potentially cause serious issues down the road, at least if you're doing it year-round.

personally, i just want to either take 2iu of HGH per day or whatevers comparable with the cjc stuff year round. at those levels, side-effects are virtually null and void, it will still dramatically lean you out, and you'll also get the improved mood benefits as well. as far as for bulking during a cycle, it might be a good idea to raise those levels up a bit, but to be honest, i'm not sure.

armbar83 is offline Senior Member
    any new developments?

Quote Originally Posted by armbar83
    any new developments?
    eh, seems like this stuff is still being researched and because it's such a new product, they probably don't know all the risks yet. that being said, i'm not willing to be a guinea pig. that compiled on top of the company that i was thinking of getting it from almost doubling the price for it made me completely lose interest, as i can get HGH for much cheaper now than cjc.

armbar83 is offline Senior Member
    yah, i mean you could always be brave and start the first thread of....

"cjc1295 and myostatin"- my guinea pig 6 month cycle"

Thread Information