Thread: late nights

CarbonCopy is offline Member

late nights

Hey guys quick question for the pros I work 2nd shift and so I don't get off work until 12am. So when I hit the gym most normal people are sleeping. My bro tells me that it's "bad" to workout at night? He said it's better to workout early in the morn. What do you think?

Peace

Psycoswole is offline Member
    I do the same thing, im at the gym anywhere between 12-4am, never seemed to hinder gains for me, as long as i rest enough. I have been on a graveyard schedule for almost a year; do what you got to do.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

well

you test levels are higher in the morning and teh GH levels that are peaking while you sleep are on th way down in the morning but said to be still moderate in their concentration.i work out all different hours of teh day partly do to schedule and part due to tricking my body.training is training at any hour as long as you can fuel your body w/ it's neccesarry nutrients and sleep.Just MO

The Iron Game Guest
    If you are on a cycle it isnt really going to make much of a difference

muscleup is offline Associate Member
    partyboynyc...hit the nail on the head,It's better to work out in the morning because your hormone are at there peak but also consider that some people have to work and live real life just do it when you can.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    go to the gym when you feel you can have the most productive workouts. if going after work is gonna allow you to move the most weight, then go. do what's comfortable, IMO

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Cardio is best done early in the day as it will help boost your metabolism throughout the whole day.

Resistance training, IMO, is done whenever your time and/or your body wants it.

I like to workout in the evening, while some people prefer lunch time or morning. Whatever works best for your schedule and as long as you are there lifting.

BTW, partyboy, I am guessing that teh = the?

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

bro i'm fucking retarded

i can't type "the" for shit!!i always type it "teh" for some goddamn reason.it kills me w/ my OCD!!!it makes my skin crawl!!!!i was going to go back to all the posts i've written and change it.i'm gonna work on it this week.it's funny you mentioned it.i think about it every time i come on here!!!!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I could be way off base on this one but I would think that the actual time of day would have less to do with anything than an individuals sleeping patterns. If these guys have been on graveyard for some time their body would have adjusted to that lifestyle so at 2:00am the body would think it was 7:00pm (2 hours fater a workday has ended). Just a thought.

Pete

Jarhed is offline Associate Member
    Pete,

Your exactly right. I worked overnight for a year and a half and had no problems at all with my adjusted schedule. Bedtime was about 1:30 pm for me cause I got off of work at 8:30. I worked out in the morning (evening for me) and slept well during the day when I decided to tape up foil over my windows.

Mugs Guest

Pete in glad you cleared that up

If you wake up at X o'clock, X IS your morning. It doesn't matter what TIME you wake up, it matters if that when you wake up you are in the gym soon after while your test levels are high. That is the theroy! In the real world.... i can't work out untill later in the day and after I have eaten something (which breaks the theory also), but it works for me and THAT is what realy matters. Fuck theory.... do what works for you.

Thread Information