Thread: Drinking!

Suworu~Nutsuki is offline Associate Member

Drinking!

What are peoples view on drinking and training...

being 21 and a student im tempted alot by my friends to go out alot to pubs and clubs, but i want to take training serious this must be simular situation for alot of other people? at the moment i go out jst once a week at the weekend when i am not training.

whats about drinking on oral steroids ?
    My view is that you shouldnt at all but my friend recons that once every so often is ok?

MrMe is offline Member
    This is personal choice. I dont because its easy to have just one more, then another one, then another one. Whats the point really. You stay up late, feel like crap the next day, sleep in, skip meals, i've read that drinking converts to estrogen. Just for a couple drinks!

Go out and have some water with nachos, you can still enjoy yourself without drinking if you ask me

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    This subject has been covered about a million times before on here and the majority say no, if you cant say no to alcohol than you shouldnt be doing steroids , esp orals cause those kill your liver.

I can understand where your at though....your 21, college, parties, bangin hot ass etc etc. But one day you'll get bored of it and it wont be a big deal to go out maybe once every 3-6months. maybe less?

If you wanna go out than do what I do, go out but limit yourself to one - three drinks the whole night. (And no double long islands dont count one to three singles or beer tops) You'll avoid as much pain to your liver as possiable, your friends wont buy you drinks cause your still drinking, you'll have just as much fun, wont be hungover and if you want could go to the gym the next day and feel good. plus its a lot easier to talk to chicks when your not slurring alover the place.

I also make sure to have a huge protein meal before hand as well. You know the answear just trying to shed a diff perspective.

frank2738 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    guy go get hammered! just keep up with your bloodwork. if your liver levels get too high, then stop the drinking or cut back. i would limit it to once maybe twice a week at the most.

i know it just depends on how much you want to sacrafice i guess... i wish i could do both... but i think if you really want a superb body it cant be done or only very very little.... its jst i want to have my cake and eat it.. if you know what i mean.. look buff at the parties but also enjoy by having drink.
    Last edited by Suworu~Nutsuki; 03-01-2007 at 10:07 AM. Reason: didnt finish

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    youre young so you can probably get away with it and still look ok.problem is what kind of damage are you doing to your liver on orals and alcohol? at 21 you are still invincible and havent stopped to think of your future, im 32 and i stay away from orals because they are so hard on your liver. whatever you do remember you can do damage that will last a lifetime if youre not careful. have fun!, hell youre 21, but be safe!

c8rsa is offline Associate Member
    One or two drinks would be fine on orals. Think how many guys are on huge doses or orals an injectables and are fine, so i guess a couple of drinks now an then would be ok.

any one dbol , i heard you get on a semi high on these?

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Its both a health and dicipline issue, when i was 21 i could party non stop, but now i'm 27 which still isnt old but i really can do the same things i did when i was 18-21. After only a couple of drinks i feel bad the next day both health wise and mentally i feel broken because i could have avoided the drinks all together...but i still wanted to have fun with my friends...

So i did this balance...

1-I will only go out with friends to bars/clubs every other week or every 3 weeks, this way plenty of time in between to recover and to make gains training without anything coming in the way.

2-For every drink i have to do double-Abs training, i will actually restart the whole routine after i have done one and my abs routine is a long tough one!!
    This way i feel i punished myself for drinking but at the same time done extra working out!

3-Anything above 2 drinks i will also do 3miles on the treadmill or elliptical machine.

So if i had 5 drinks then thats 5 times i have to double my abs circuit, and thats 3 drinks over the limit i set so that three times that week i will do 3 miles cardio.

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Random_J
    any one dbol, i heard you get on a semi high on these?

sorry not high but a "feeling of well being" is what im told a contentness??

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Random_J
    What are peoples view on drinking and training...

being 21 and a student im tempted alot by my friends to go out alot to pubs and clubs, but i want to take training serious this must be simular situation for alot of other people? at the moment i go out jst once a week at the weekend when i am not training.

whats about drinking on oral steroids ?
    My view is that you shouldnt at all but my friend recons that once every so often is ok?
    your 21.. you should be able to make judgements by yourself. Have your friends provided you with any information why its okay to drink? and when on an oral steriod ?

yea kae that sounds like a good method, its a wierd trap im in because the more i train the more confident i get.. therefore the more i want to go out but also not because i want to train lol...

Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    your 21.. you should be able to make judgements by yourself. Have your friends provided you with any information why its okay to drink? and when on an oral steriod?
    No its jst his person opionion. but thats why i dont trust it and was asking on here.

im jst going to change the topic abit jst because this thread seems to be getting alot of intrest and i posted this topic before and it got removed(dont know why) but what are people views on "when you start steroids you wont go back "? as in once u do them u will always be on them and be getting bigger and better cycles?

1819 is offline Senior Member
    depends on what you want out of your training. if i'ts a vanity issue, or competition, then drinking can only be a disaster. just like a sh*t diet. personally i've always been a heavy drinker and have been even through my playing days. when i was in the best shape of my life i still put em down on a regular basis. if you can still get up and get your work done then i didnt see a problem. health wise, obviously, you cant be doing your liver and kidneys any good. one of those things where you cant recommend drinking cause it goes against common sense but in reality, if you are in decent health, it's not gonna kill ya to have a few with the guys on the weekends. hell, the reason many guys juice is so they can look good at the club. lol. just remember it's also not gonna kill ya to not drink on cycle. a few weeks without the booze feels great. do what comes natural for you and dont beat yourself up either way.

cheers 1819 wise words

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    yea i just turned 21 so of course i wanna hit up the bars but honestly i havent drank much in the past year and....i really dont miss it....i save a TON of $$ and if i do go out its only a few beers yea sometimes i might get a lil buzzed but i cant remember the last time i was sh*t face wasted...just really is counter productive to me anymore...once u get away from it its not that bad...but then again i have a gf and am not chasing ass either which i KNOW can be very very influencial just take the above advice a few wont kill u...i was on dbol at 50mg for 6 weeks with test then winny at 80 for 6 weeks and i went out a couple times during the cycle...liver results were 100% when i got em ssoooooooo take it for what its worth...

Thread Information