Thread: Drug Tests

gringorican2002 is offline New Member

Drug Tests

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if they test for steroids in a standard drug test (i think its a standard drug test)....I have access to a gym that gives free membership, accupuncture, and massage to people with certain conditions (havent actually been to the gym so i dont know if its CRAP or not).....anyways one of the requisites is to be drug/alcohol free and i heard that they give you a drug test :-O but im not sure if they test for that (Im guessing "maybe" since it is a gym but they perscribe steroids in many cases anyways)....

but in a "STANDARD" test they dont test for that right?

Jefferey is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gringorican2002
    Just out of curiosity I was wondering if they test for steroids in a standard drug test (i think its a standard drug test)....I have access to a gym that gives free membership, accupuncture, and massage to people with certain conditions (havent actually been to the gym so i dont know if its CRAP or not).....anyways one of the requisites is to be drug/alcohol free and i heard that they give you a drug test :-O but im not sure if they test for that (Im guessing "maybe" since it is a gym but they perscribe steroids in many cases anyways)....

but in a "STANDARD" test they dont test for that right?
    Usually nop as those test are a lot more expensive...Remember most companies are looking to see if you use recreational drugs or alcohol which can effect your working abilities..I just don't see any form of test effecting anyones working abilities unless the are working for the sanitation dept which would probably help lift those garbage cans...LOL

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    As i understand, you are just a member? I have never heard of a Gym testing it's members for steroids . That would be inappropriate in so many ways and they would soon be out of business. And like Jeff said, they are expensive so it wouldn't be economically feasable to test everyone who works out there.

The Gyms I've been a member at have had people that are completely and udderly obvious they are on juice but are left alone. I don't see why they would care unless you are using the place as a tool to distribute then they could be held legally liable.

Recs, on the other hand, i would completely understand them wanting to test for. I've heard of people taking "controlled" stimulant drugs before working out to make thier workout more intense but they also increase your risk of dropping dead....also would hold them liable insurance wise. And these rec test are very inexpensive to buy.

EDIT:
    go to NIDA's (National Institute for Drug Abuse) website for standarly tested drugs.

Thanks for the reples....yea i know a standard gym would be out of business if they were testing their members for being on roids lol....but in this case its different...they offer FREE membership (which im sure has goverment or private funding) to the member who meet special criteria :-D....but i guess its still too expensive and pointless to test for that as you guys said

I just want to joind because im more interested in the FREE accupuncture (i kind of like needles hehe), FREE massage (got to love that), and FREE personal training (definate plus but i havent seen these people yet so i should take a visitt hehe)

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    you can't beat a free membership to a gym man. That works, I wish mine was free.

But still, I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to AAS. The military doesn't even do it unless you basically get caught red-handed.

Thread Information