Jiesel is offline Associate Member

blood pressure question....

Plan on cycling in the future months ahead and wanted to get this part of the equation under control. I do unfortunatley have hereditary heart problems in my family, a pre warning. I had my blood pressure checked at the pharmacy today out of curiosity to see where I stand. Did It twice #1 - 142 sys / 68 dias / 81bpm, #2 - 131 sys / 75 dias / 78 bpm. So to be prepared for whenever Im ready for my future cycle I got a nice digital blood pressure monitor. What the best way to get my average, 3 times a day for a week? I'm told I should be around 120/80, whats the very highest I should be while on a cycle before having a true concern? Thanks!

nbkandrew13 is offline Member
    dude im not a dr but your bp sounds good to me, last time i did mine it was 159/105/ 115 bpm

Jiesel is offline Associate Member
    cool I tested It again now, I was 116/72, 91bpm, Just got home from the gym 30 mins ago.....Im more concerned with whats the max I should be at while on cycle before geting concerned, since I have bad genetics for high BP, Choles.

bigwillystyle is offline Associate Member
    those bp's arnt too bad..again im no doc..but i my experience all the aas i have taken made my blood pressure go crazy

my tips to help keep bp lower;

healthy diet.. lots of veggies and oatmeal
    a little cario each day ..i run for distance 2-3 times per week and sprint on the off days
    keep your estrogen in check high levels of estrogen can make ur bp go up.
    lots of water
    hope this helps

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, If thats you in your avatar. You look young. Smart though to keep you BP in check and that you recognize that its a genetic thing!

BTW you current BP is text book!!

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    for one thing, don't trust the accuracy of those automatic BP checks. They are wildy off track when reading BP. Getting someone to do a manual BP is the best. It very easy to learn how and you can buy the Cuff/sphygmonanometer and stethoscope off the internet for fairly cheap.

It used to be anything higher then 150/90 would be considered hypertensive but they changed it a couple years back where anything greater then 140/90 you are considered stage I hypertensive.

Healthy blood pressure would be less then 130/80.

Resting heart rate isn't much of a big deal unless it's over 100 when you have been resting for greater then 15 minutes.

Of course stimulants (caffiene, clen , ephedra.....) will have an effect on these.

EDIT: When I was on Test/Tren /Drol combo, my blood pressure read 178/109. Not good at all. Strong androgens will raise your blood pressure despite your best efforts to keep them low.
    Last edited by Dizz28; 04-09-2007 at 08:51 AM.

swole25 is offline Senior Member
    what are the best methods to lower your BP when on cycle?

sbigpecs is offline Associate Member
    Cardio is a real good way of getting your BP down.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Quote Originally Posted by swole25
    what are the best methods to lower your BP when on cycle?

Watch your sodium intake.

And ya, Cardio also will help.

But like I said earlier, Androgens will raise your blood pressure, to some degree, despite your best efforts

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Bro,all those questions are individual.As far as your BP now they are fine but there is no way of telling how high it will go as that will be determined by the reaction of your body to the compounds....how old are you??

Alfamale is offline Associate Member
    I know by on experiens that AAS isent bp raising for all. I have a genetic disease in my kidneys so i have to eat bp lowering medecine. I monitor my bf very often and while im on AAS my bp is better than while im off. I have 130/100 and when im jucing it is about 120/90, very strange. It is dangerous to have high bp and especially if you have high dias (under pressure). But as long you stay under 100 dias i dont think you have any problem.

Thread Information