odix is offline Member

why is my hair STILL falling out?

Its been 2 months since my test, deca and dbol cycle, mistakenly for the first month i consumed 2.5mg a day of finasteride and quit when i found out the deca+finasteride is worse...my hair is STILL shedding and is getting very very thin....I've been off for 2 months strong and off pct for about 3 weeks, can anyone provide insight to this? is there still deca+finasteride in my system affecting this ?

lawsey000 is offline Junior Member
    Are you prone to balding, because it could just be natural?

odix is offline Member
    i dont think so...this didn't happen til i started my cycle.

gooer is offline Associate Member
    not sure the scientific reasons, but the same thing happened to me. my advice is to say f it and buy some dutas from www.ar-r.com, it's 60 bucks and 3 squirts a night will last 100 days and should stop the shedding completely within 2 weeks and your hair will appear visibly thicker. i was getting pretty damn thin and now you can't even tell my hair may even be thicker than before steroids .

chest6 is offline Banned
    I'd grab some duta since you are no longer on cycle..

SNUKA is offline Member
    yea i would keep on the duta. wait to see if pooks or mcfly chimes in they are like wizards when it comes to hair loss and the science behind it. or shoot them a PM

odix is offline Member
    hmm..i heard duta's in the system for 6 months, so if I wanted to run a cycle in 2 months would this be a good idea? I guess ill just run equipoise and test with some var and duta ;[ damn you 5ar and nandro

superfat73 is offline Associate Member
    damn hairloss

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Shedding 2-3 months after using Dutasteride or Finasteride is called telogen effluvium.

Definition of telogen effluvium is “This disorder refers to the loss of hairs from a disproportionately large number of follicles that have entered the telogen stage of the hair cycle in a relatively synchronous fashion. Although a number of clinical scenarios may be described by patients, the hair loss usually follows a stressful event by about 2 to 4 months. Hair regrowth usually occurs within 6 to 12 months but may not be complete. No specific treatment is currently available to speed recovery.”

The ‘stressful event’ was the STEROID CYCLE.

This next part description is in natural people
    but..
    NOTE the 15% increase of testosterone that propecia induces in non-steroid people. Lets say once you are on a cycle you increase TEST by about 5,000%... an increase is an increase...

"the ‘reflex hyperandrogenicity’ (HYPER = MORE, ANDROGEN = STEROIDS ) as evidenced by ‘increased skin oiliness and pimples and increased ejaculate volume and libido’. For most patients, the rise in the serum level of testosterone of ~15% due to taking finasteride (Propecia) does not result in any clinical changes. However, there have been isolated reports of ‘reflex hyperandrogenicity’ and, as in your case, rare instances of telogen effluvium. Unfortunately, there is no way to test or predict the patient who will suffer these undesirable side effects.

Will you suffer from MPB in areas that you would not otherwise have done so had you not taken the Propecia? No. The episode of telogen effluvium may have temporarily hastened the rate of your MPB, but it did not miniaturize any hair follicles, which were not genetically inclined to do so in any case."

OK Now try and soak in this..

Background: Telogen effluvium is a form of nonscarring alopecia characterized by diffuse hair shedding, often with an acute onset. A chronic form with a more insidious onset and a longer duration also exists. Telogen effluvium is a reactive process caused by a metabolic or hormonal stress or by medications. Generally, recovery is spontaneous and occurs within 6 months.

Pathophysiology: Telogen effluvium can affect hair on all parts of the body, but, generally, only loss of scalp hair is symptomatic.

Understanding the pathophysiology of telogen effluvium requires knowledge of the hair growth cycle. All hair has a growth phase, termed anagen, and a resting phase, telogen. On the scalp, anagen(GROWING) lasts approximately 3 years, while telogen(RESTING) lasts roughly 3 months, although there can be wide variation in these times between individuals. During telogen(RESTING), the resting hair remains in the follicle until it is pushed out by growth of a new anagen(GROWING) hair.

In most people, 5-15% of the hair on the scalp is in telogen(RESTING) at any given time. Telogen effluvium is triggered when a physiologic stress or hormonal change causes a large number of hairs to enter telogen(RESTING) at one time. Shedding does not occur until the new anagen(GROWING) hairs begin to grow. The emerging hairs help to force the resting hairs out of the follicle. Recent evidence suggests that the mechanism of shedding of a telogen(RESTING) hair is an active process that may occur in***endent of the emerging anagen(GROWING) hair. The interval between the inciting event in telogen effluvium and the onset of shedding corresponds to the length of the telogen(RESTING) phase, between 1 and 6 months (average 3 mo).

Headington has described 5 functional subtypes of telogen effluvium, based on which portion of the hair cycle is abnormally shortened or lengthened. These subtypes represent variations on the principles discussed above. It is rarely possible to distinguish these subtypes clinically.
    Last edited by Pooks; 04-18-2007 at 11:29 AM.

High Testosterone levels have placed your hair in the RESTING STAGE.

RESTING HAIR is still hair on your scalp..
    it only starts falling out, once new hair starts growing..

Your hair is shedding now.. that means, that new hair has started growing..

QUESTION IS... what is the miniaturization level of the new hairs..

the new hairs that are pushing out your RESTING HAIR could be so small that you cant even see them. BAD NEWS.

or they could grow to be normal looking hair. GOOD NEWS.

Like someone said earlier, start taking DUTA or FINA AGAIN, Nizoral shampoo, and spiro 5%, n toss in Rogaine too...
    wash your hands well after handling oils, vials, n etc with steroids in them.
    wash your pillows and bedsheets also..
    I'm starting to be more OCD than Michael jackson i think
    Last edited by Pooks; 04-18-2007 at 11:40 AM.

SNUKA is offline Member
    lol christ pooks way to come through

Thread Information