x305x is offline New Member

Coping with high BP and cholesterol

There's no hiding that AS increases BP and LDL levels. Just wanted to know what home remedies you guys may do to cope with this.

thanks

ironpumpindoc is offline Junior Member
    Cholesterol can be decreased with with red rice yeast and niacin. However the niacin is going to make you flush. Take it at night before bed . . . and remember to take a full 325mg dose aspirin about 30 minutes prior or you will you had. Blood pressure is a different story. The best thing for someone in our position is to use lisinopril low dose 2.5 - 5 mg. You will probably have to get this from the internet or have your doctor prescribe it for you. It is real cheap and it won't keep your heart rate from increasing like beta blockers (if you are doing cardio by the heart rate method)

ironpumpindoc is offline Junior Member
    One little extra plus from niacin is it raises your HDL!!! which is good because aas drops this normally

x305x is offline New Member
    thanks bro

huzurdaddy is offline New Member
    i'm in the same boat - just got my blood test back and my HDL dropped quite a bit and LDL shot up, with my ratio much higher than before.. so Niacin is the ticket? I also heard EFAs were good for it too.. right?

i'm on 300mg Test/week, 400mg Primo/week , and 50mg/Var per day along with 4IU HGH.

all other values in normal range (including liver) - BP fine.. just my cholesterol is kinda freaking me out. I assume it will go back down after discontinuation? i.e. nothing to worry about???

superfat73 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huzurdaddy
    i'm in the same boat - just got my blood test back and my HDL dropped quite a bit and LDL shot up, with my ratio much higher than before.. so Niacin is the ticket? I also heard EFAs were good for it too.. right?

i'm on 300mg Test/week, 400mg Primo/week , and 50mg/Var per day along with 4IU HGH.

all other values in normal range (including liver) - BP fine.. just my cholesterol is kinda freaking me out. I assume it will go back down after discontinuation? i.e. nothing to worry about???
    Will it go back to normal???

Atomini is offline Banned
    From what i've read and what I understand, it SHOULD go back to normal after you come off your cycle... provided you get your EFAs into you and such.

I've read alot of BBers from the 60s and 70s that encountered heart problems later on was due to LDL being high. But, considering they didn't know much about how to toy around with the HDL levels and LDL levels back then, they most likely did not take EFAs, Nicacin, etc. after their cycles and that's why it stuck with them. It sounds logical to me.

So yeah, after your cycles, make sure you've got EFAs, Niacin, etc. in your diet.

superfat73 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini
    From what i've read and what I understand, it SHOULD go back to normal after you come off your cycle... provided you get your EFAs into you and such.

I've read alot of BBers from the 60s and 70s that encountered heart problems later on was due to LDL being high. But, considering they didn't know much about how to toy around with the HDL levels and LDL levels back then, they most likely did not take EFAs, Nicacin, etc. after their cycles and that's why it stuck with them. It sounds logical to me.

So yeah, after your cycles, make sure you've got EFAs, Niacin, etc. in your diet.
    Hey do you think we should also have niacin while on cycle? Thanks.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by superfat73
    Hey do you think we should also have niacin while on cycle? Thanks.
    I can't speak from experience, but it doesn't sound like a bad idea to me...

Thread Information