SubmissionGrappler is offline Associate Member

Does scar tissue go away over time

like an idiot I shot the same spot too many times w/ a 22g pin in my delts and left a small marble sized spot of scar tissue on my lateral head of my delt .It's only noticeable when i felx or i'm working out .it kinda looks like a large mosquito bite .

Will this dissapate over time since I no longer use that spot for injections?

Any experiences ?

juice4life is offline Associate Member
    How much time were you giving in between injections in that spot?

And why that large of a needle? I would have gone with a 25g in delts.

doublefister is offline Associate Member
    If its hard then there's a good chance that its gonna be there. You can try buying an ultrasound device off ebay and use it and see if it breaks it up. I wouldnt go any higher than 5Mhz which is 5,000,000 vibrations a second. Make sure you get the transmission gel too.

You can also use it for many other things too such as elbows and shoulders if you have inflammation of some sort.

I was stupid to use a 22g in retrospect.Sounds like I'm stuck w/the stuff.

GrimmReaper is offline Senior Member
    ouch

yahya1966 is offline Junior Member
    no, scar tissue does not go away. i use a 23g for all of my oil based injections. i hit delts, glutes, and quads. i have to push the needle in slowly to get through all the old scar tissue and gristle.

TheSentinal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yahya1966
    no, scar tissue does not go away. i use a 23g for all of my oil based injections. i hit delts, glutes, and quads. i have to push the needle in slowly to get through all the old scar tissue and gristle.
    GRISTLE! ha...

ducatibob is offline Junior Member

How Old?

If the scar tissue is under 30 - 60 days old, you may be able to at least make it more "pliable" with massage. I've had a couple of surgeries and once had a 16-penny nail driven through my thigh. My old roommate was a physical therapist and had me massage the scar tissue 'till I couldn't bear it. I still have the surface scars but most of the underlying tissue feels normal.

worldpower is offline Associate Member
    I had crazy scar tissue on my glutes and it seemed to go away after like a month but if i inject there, it seems to come back quicker then before

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    Yea alot of top pros get deep tissue massage to try and break up the scar tissue, im sure it must help...

CD

worldpower is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDominate
    Yea alot of top pros get deep tissue massage to try and break up the scar tissue, im sure it must help...

CD
    that helps alot, i swear i see improvment within minutes, it becomes softer

bigtruck07 is offline Banned
    i'll have to try the deep tissue massage

sometimes the needle doesnt even break through the skin even if im pushing really hard haha

Dog-Slime is offline Senior Member
    There are these roller things that help break it up too. Im not really sure what its called but I have heard of guys using them to break up their scar tissue.

EasyPoster is offline New Member
    I dont know why people are saying scar tissue doesnt go away, thats bullshit. I had a marble sized piece of scar tissue in my glute from shooting up with a 20 guage needle and it went away. This has happened more than once and the scar tissue has always gone away. Don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyPoster
    I dont know why people are saying scar tissue doesnt go away, thats bullshit. I had a marble sized piece of scar tissue in my glute from shooting up with a 20 guage needle and it went away. This has happened more than once and the scar tissue has always gone away. Don't worry.

thanks for confirming that...come to think of it... Ive had numerous lacerations and injuries all over my body that resulted in scar tissue and after a few years i can't even tell except for the visual scar.I would exspect the same for injection scar tissue.
    thanks for all the input though,I'm sure that the deep tissue massage would speed this process along via breaking up the adhesions in the tissue itself.

if someone is prone to keloids I bet it can be alot different.

Thread Information