Baba is offline Associate Member

Why DNP and T3 together?

I understand DNP zaps the your thyroid levels but doesn't T3 eat muscle while DNP is muscle sparing? Wouldn't it make sense to prolly throw in some Test prop if one is gonna use T3 with DNP, it seems one is contraditing the other. Plus from the research I've done, a 8 day cycle of DNP would affect the thyroid to much and you would be able to bounce back to normal in no time.

goose is offline Banned
    DNP reduces T3 so your just trying to replace the dose to help sides.No need to add AAS with DNP as the cycles are so short.Key point is T3 is not needed but helps....

GHO5T is offline Senior Member
    One needs to be very careful on the dosage protocol they use if one wants to run DNP and T3 together.

The use of both compounds in a cycle could result in substantial fat loss, however a substantial amount of muscle loss may occur, if there are no AAS compounds being ran to try and preserve muscle.

IMO however DNP and or T3 arent necessary to lose BF, unless the user is very overweight and has a substanial amount of fat to lose.

If the idea is to get lean and lose a couple pounds of fat, diet and cardio/training should suffice of course both being spot on.

~GHO5T~

Baba is offline Associate Member
    Thanks guys

Conciliator is offline Banned
    It's not quite clear that DNP decreases T3 levels in practice. Theres a case study that's often posted as evidence for this, but I'm of the opinion that the bodybuilders in question had low thyroid levels not because of the DNP, but because they were taking T3 during their cycle. Exogenous T3 definitely will suppress endogenous production. I had a Norwegian translate the paper for me and it was unclear why they had low thyroid levels. They didn't test for reverse thyroid when they could have, which would have made the cause clearer.

I also have a friend who's a doctor of internal medicine who ran 600mg/day for 3-4 months (went from 320 lbs down to the mid 200's). He gave himself frequent blood tests and said his thyroid didn't budge. I'm just not convinced that DNP lowers thyroid levels. Even if it did, you can simply bump up your DNP dosage to keep weight loss humming along. This is what they did in the original research after they found that there was a rapidly developing tolerance to the drug in the first couple of weeks. They just upped the dosage a little to overcome the tolerance. No one was given thyroid, even though subjects were kept on the drug for many months at a time to over a year. I like this option because thyroid is notoriously catabolic. I think it's generally best to just leave it alone.

Thread Information