buffgator is offline king of mass

Cycles from the 1970s

Can anyone tell me about, or where to find info about the use of steroids in the 1970s. Mainly what drugs did they have, what ones did they not have. What doses, and durations where they taking? What did they do for pct? What where the methods popular at the time?

doolo is offline Associate Member
    I'm not sure but i think they did alot of d-bol, test and maybe winny.

Are you asking cause you wanna know how they got that classic look? Cause iv'e always wondered the same thing.

sorel_C is offline Member
    even back in the day, they were taking a serving of cell-tech before and after workouts

Kimo27 is offline Associate Member
    test e i heard was commenly used

iwouldt be surprised if d-bol was very popular back in the day

MrNice is offline Banned
    Arnie called Dianabol the breakfast of champions.

gymrat1969 is offline Associate Member
    yeah arnold - would pop handfulls of dbol throught the day

I think the body builders looked better in the 70;s and 80;s then they do today - today they just are way to big kind of look fat

Wizeguy is offline Associate Member
    I have heard that they mainly used Dbol and Primo.

im pretty sure they used primarly the same things that are used today, but diiferent doses and different ways(length, stacks, etc.) but it is practicily impossible to find out so.......WHY BOTHER..?

mickdiesel is offline Senior Member
    this is accordng to one massive english bb'r who started the freak look. I asked him this question 5 years ago and he said he heard it from the horses mouth. according to him arnold used test but thought it was dirty, used shitloads of dbol , primo, oxandrolone, and winny was also around but not used very much, at least not by arnold. he said that the used test suspension and e.
    the guys look like freaks now cause they use growth factors. take igf 1 for example, it grows muscles real well but the shitty part about igf is that the most igf receptors exist in the intestines. which gives u abs with a bloated 36 inch waist. gh grow u more than any juice ever could when u rage it like the pros do. modern bbr's are disgusting looking. who wants to be 345lbs? to me its the opposite of anorexia, this desire to be a literal monster is weird. I would have loved to look like arnold or frank zane or even lou. the only modern bb'r I'd like to resemble is dexter jackson. but hell never win cause guys like markus ruhl and ronnie and jay have pushed the envelope so far into rediculousness that its impossible to win and be under 300lbs

gymrat1969 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caban
    this is accordng to one massive english bb'r who started the freak look. I asked him this question 5 years ago and he said he heard it from the horses mouth. according to him arnold used test but thought it was dirty, used shitloads of dbol , primo, oxandrolone, and winny was also around but not used very much, at least not by arnold. he said that the used test suspension and e.
    the guys look like freaks now cause they use growth factors. take igf 1 for example, it grows muscles real well but the shitty part about igf is that the most igf receptors exist in the intestines. which gives u abs with a bloated 36 inch waist. gh grow u more than any juice ever could when u rage it like the pros do. modern bbr's are disgusting looking. who wants to be 345lbs? to me its the opposite of anorexia, this desire to be a literal monster is weird. I would have loved to look like arnold or frank zane or even lou. the only modern bb'r I'd like to resemble is dexter jackson. but hell never win cause guys like markus ruhl and ronnie and jay have pushed the envelope so far into rediculousness that its impossible to win and be under 300lbs

Very good post i agree with you 100%

buffgator is offline king of mass
    yeah i think that they had some beautiful builds. I would love to look like lou did in pumping iron. I mostly want to know this information for curiosity.

Decoder is offline Banned
    i wish i looked like flex wheeler. =( except white

tbjake34 is offline Senior Member
    I would love to be 300lbs lean... But with no gh gut. Ex is flex wheeler.

eliteforce is offline Member
    I thought the first steroid developed in the 60's was winstrol , followed by dbol and normal testosterone injectons?

Decoder is offline Banned
    first steriod developement in the 60's? wtf way before that, its on wikepedia go look it up.

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoder
    i wish i looked like flex wheeler. =( except white
    Me too man. Flex before he started trying to compete with the big boys...

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Flex definitely should have won Olympia in '99. Most underrated BB of modern times.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSQR7ENflq8

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    ROFL
    aas usage has come along ways.. and it wasnt their cycles but their genetics that got them there.
    i would NEVEr EVER run a cycle composed on the methods they used back then
    plus they were pretty tiny too.. lou was just a genetic beast

nalbano34 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doolo
    I'm not sure but i think they did alot of d-bol, test and maybe winny.

Are you asking cause you wanna know how they got that classic look? Cause iv'e always wondered the same thing.
    I very highly doubt the " classic look " was due to anything different than today other that the amounts used. I think a better term for the classic look is small. They all looked different to me so that doesn't fit a look, and they had the same muscles that guys have today. They were just, dare I say, underdeveloped compared to todays standards. I would think it would just take good genetics, hard work, and not so many damned 'roids to keep in that range of development and not exceed it.

I don't know if I'd really call arnold or serg tiny dude. they were still anywhere from 240 to 260 and like 4%. and flex wheeler looked great but also goes on dialysis 2x a week. who needs that shit. theres a line at how much a person should in regards to how much they're willing to hurt themselves. the guys in the70's were balanced perfect and were pimps

Jucinator2 is offline Associate Member
    Flex Wheler got in a car crash and lost a kidney , thats why hes on dialisays. Thats also why he had to retire I belive.

mohawkman is offline Associate Member
    check a book titled the anabolic review

that was all p.r. to cover the fact that he ****d himself up. it doesn't matter if he lost a kidney or not. u can live on 1/4 of 1 kidney just fine. he also has serious liver problems. I cang remember what I was tol but he has some sort of problem with his left ventrical and prostate also. he atributes it to tren and drol abuse. to me theres no the bigger is better thing ruined bb'ing. it used to be judged on aesthetics, and vacuums. now its bicep veins bigger than permanent markers and brow bones like apes. theres no tact to what they do. granted its hard work but they don't have to pay atentioon to proportions or limits. they just grow unchecked and everyone screams. fact is when normal guys in the gym talk about the pros, its often in joking way because we know they can't screw, can't go to the movies, can't live passed 50. its bad news now

Quote Originally Posted by Jucinator2
    Flex Wheler got in a car crash and lost a kidney , thats why hes on dialisays. Thats also why he had to retire I belive.

gooer is offline Associate Member
    i read on some site they guessed that arnold was on primo, dbol and deca .

and in pumping iron he says something like 3 dianabol a day..

doolo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nalbano34
    I very highly doubt the " classic look " was due to anything different than today other that the amounts used. I think a better term for the classic look is small. They all looked different to me so that doesn't fit a look, and they had the same muscles that guys have today. They were just, dare I say, underdeveloped compared to todays standards. I would think it would just take good genetics, hard work, and not so many damned 'roids to keep in that range of development and not exceed it.

Check this out. Wayyyyy different looks, not just size either

http://ironage.us/virtual/index.html

that link proves my point. I personally know dorian and will still say that he looks like shit. he's huge and freaky but ugly. arnold is the only one up there aethetically pleasing to me. and lets be honest he's still bigger than anybody u know who isn't pro

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    i love the "classic look" i dont like the way modern bb's look. i agree w/u caban 100% on this

thank you sir

ChrisW is offline New Member
    Ric Drasin, the guy who created the Gold's Gym logo, was one of Arnold's training partners in the early 70s. In an article, he stated:
    Then of course the original Dianabol and Deca worked wonders together. Arnold and Franco would bring their supply from Europe. They had the best. Primobolan and Dianabol was what they used at the time. I got all of that I needed from them. Franco would give me the shot as it was a preloaded needle about 3 in long. Shit! Scared the hell out of me. But, the results I got from their stuff was awesome. I blew up and got really hard on it.

I don’t know what all Arnold took other than D’bol, Deca, Primo, Test and Cytomel for cutting up. He didn’t take all those at once but throughout the year.
    -http://www.geocities.com/bodilyte/Bo...e/20010610.txt

And in an interview with Sergio Oliva, Sergio says:
    I used deca and dianabol, and that was something really big at the time...We used to talk about the big deal of taking deca and dianabol.
    -http://www.fitnessprat.no/archive/index.php/t-332.html

...so it seems like the trend back then was to combine Dianabol with an injectable steroid ...
    Last edited by ChrisW; 08-02-2007 at 01:15 AM.

copenhagen is offline Member
    nice links bro, thanks

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    Ric Drasin, the guy who created the Gold's Gym logo, was one of Arnold's training partners in the early 70s. In an article, he stated: -http://www.geocities.com/bodilyte/Bo...e/20010610.txt

And in an interview with Sergio Oliva, Sergio says: -http://www.fitnessprat.no/archive/index.php/t-332.html

...so it seems like the trend back then was to combine Dianabol with an injectable steroid...

great post man... good find..

JHC
    JHC is offline New Member
    I wonder how long they stayed on D bol per cycle...

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    i wonder how many people are going to read this thread... and start using dbol only cycles... arnold did it..

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    dbol only & no pct = best cycle

domeyeahaigh is offline Senior Member
    i heard test cyp wish i could remember where...test cyp and dbol

RBD85 is offline Anabolic Member
    great read

BROKEN is offline Associate Member
    im with the classic look group also

good read

Thread Information