Thread: PCT for anavar?

cmdash is offline New Member

PCT for anavar?

Would i need to do PCT if i run an anavar only cycle at 20 mg/day for 7 weeks? Some people say it's not needed.

P.S I'm 20 year's old btw.. I'm not sure, but can nolva stunt your growth? I already know that anavar won't stunt it, but just wondering because i hope i can grow an extra inch...

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    at 20 years old you dont need steroids ..besides 20mg/day of var is a chick dose...dont waste your money, go spend it on food

Yes, I do. 20 mg is enough for me since im a sprinter, not looking for mass.. Advice would be helpful...

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    nolva shouldn't stunt your growth, it infact decreases bone density in women. An AI like aromasin would be a better choice and for sure won't stunt your growth. Estrogen plays a key role in fusing growth plates. Some sprinters complain of calf muscle pain even on a low dose of anavar so good luck. You may want to look into stronger androgens for your sport.

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Like Kratos said, a simple AI should be enough to get you back on that low of a dose of Var. Seeing as it will cause minimal HTPA suppression.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    I do not think you need a pct for 20mg of var for 7 weeks. Others may disagree but at 20 and with a low dose of a mild HPTA suppressive compound you'll be fine w/o a pct. How were your results from the cycle? You reach your goals?

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    nolva shouldn't stunt your growth, it infact decreases bone density in women. An AI like aromasin would be a better choice and for sure won't stunt your growth. Estrogen plays a key role in fusing growth plates. Some sprinters complain of calf muscle pain even on a low dose of anavar so good luck. You may want to look into stronger androgens for your sport.

Yup.....Winstrol for one...Ben Johnson anyone?

As well as Tbol....designed by the East Germany anyone?

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    Thank You! The question remains though. Should i take nolva on a 20 mg var cycle or not?

Quote Originally Posted by cmdash
    Thank You! The question remains though. Should i take nolva on a 20 mg var cycle or not?
    I see no reason to at all.

Okay. What would be a simple "AI"? Im not familiar with the term...lol

orion565 is offline Associate Member
    AI stands for aromatase inhibitor, why would he want to take an AI when var doesn't aromatize to estrogen?
    Last edited by orion565; 07-10-2007 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orion565
    AI stands for aromatase inhibitor, why would he want to take an AI when var doesn't aromatize to estrogen?

For PCT bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06
    I do not think you need a pct for 20mg of var for 7 weeks. Others may disagree but at 20 and with a low dose of a mild HPTA suppressive compound you'll be fine w/o a pct. How were your results from the cycle? You reach your goals?
    While I kinda agree here. It certainly wouldn't hurt to run an AI to get T levels back quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    While I kinda agree here. It certainly wouldn't hurt to run an AI to get T levels back quickly.
    Hmh.. Whats a good AI? Dunno, maybe I should run the nolva at 20 mg/day for a couple of weeks just incase... well if it doesnt stunt growth...

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    How much do you think your going to grow at age 20? I don't know for certain but aren't you done growing by 20? I stopped at 18.

You can grow till you're 25 or something like that, so yeah, i hope i can grab an inch.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Chances are if you haven't grown at all in the last year or two, you're done growing for the rest of your life. I stopped growing at 18-19 years old, too.

well i went from 5'10 to 5'11 at 19.

Hmh.. Whats a good AI? Dunno, maybe I should run the nolva at 20 mg/day for a couple of weeks just incase... well if it doesnt stunt growth...

I'm not sure why you are insistent on running Nolva, I really see no real need to, I mean it's great to always have it on hand yes. But no need to run unless you feel gyno symptoms beginning.

Other wise, some good AI's are:

Arimidex
    Aromasin

You would probably even get away with a OTC product like 6-OXO.

Can I have a 100% confirmation that nolva won't stunt my growth? lol

I grew until 22, I'm 6'3'' and that is tall enough imo. Stay away from the heavy androgens if you want to keep growing, although they will make you fast.

I'm not sure why you are insistent on running Nolva, I really see no real need to, I mean it's great to always have it on hand yes. But no need to run unless you feel gyno symptoms beginning.

Other wise, some good AI's are:

Arimidex
    Aromasin

You would probably even get away with a OTC product like 6-OXO.
    Because i have some nolva at hand.

Can I have a 100% confirmation that nolva won't stunt my growth? lol
    I can't give you 100%, but the fact that it lowers bone density is a good indication that it doesn't overly stimulate estrogen receptors in bone. I can't imagine how it would stunt your growth.

Because i have some nolva at hand.
    Ok.....? So just because you have some, in turn means you NEED to take it?

I do not understand your logic. Can you please let me know why you will be using the Nolva?

Ok.....? So just because you have some, in turn means you NEED to take it?

I do not understand your logic. Can you please let me know why you will be using the Nolva?
    For PCT... Well, anyway you think the 6-OXO would work? How much should i take?

I suppose you could just run Nolva for PCT. My apologies, i thought you meant while on cycle

Nolva for PCT should be fine, but the growth plates thing...The study I was thinking of had other variables and I'm really not confident the Nolvadex won't have an effect on you max height. If anything an AI like aromasin will increase your max height and that's what I think you should use given your concerns.

Did some reading because I was curious on the subject, I enjoy reading clinical studies and it's part of my job. Nolvadex increases bone density in post-metapausal women, but decreases it in pre-metapausal women. There are no studies on growth plates due breast cancer rarely effecting the young. So what does this mean to you? The estrogen receptor in bone is stimulated to some degree but not as highly as if it were estrogen itself. I don't think anyone can give you a definate answer, but the safe answer is that nolvadex is not good for your growth plates...don't take it, take the AI. Nolvadex could aid in closing growth plates.

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    I don't see any reason for PCT after that. I would keep some around and just watch.
    Also why gear at such a young age. Your asking about stunning your growth with nolva think about the sides of using gear. Wait awhile longer before doing anymore IMHO
    Buff

Thread Information