Maverick_J8 is offline Member

What's with my hair shedding like crazy POST cycle?

...But not during? Cycle was Test E 500mg/wk.

Im taking 1mg Finasteride daily, in addition to two applications of Regaine extra strength. But still shedding like mad!!! I'll rub my hair over the sink and half a dozen will fall out.

Anyone else find this - Post cycle but not during? I'm guessing probably caused by the huge fluctuations of hormones in the body at the moment.

hagan981 is offline New Member
    The average person loses 100 hairs from their head a day. I thought the same thing was happening to me. I had just switched the gel i put in my hair and it held all of the loose hairs into until they all let out at one time. Usually on my pillow while i was sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by hagan981
    The average person loses 100 hairs from their head a day. I thought the same thing was happening to me. I had just switched the gel i put in my hair and it held all of the loose hairs into until they all let out at one time. Usually on my pillow while i was sleeping.

I hear your point, but the difference is, I wasn't losing any prior.

richard_orchard is offline New Member
    hair grows and sheds in cycles. so it has times when a lot will come out, times when hardly any will.

Njord is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick_J8
    ...But not during? Cycle was Test E 500mg/wk.

Im taking 1mg Finasteride daily, in addition to two applications of Regaine extra strength. But still shedding like mad!!! I'll rub my hair over the sink and half a dozen will fall out.

Anyone else find this - Post cycle but not during? I'm guessing probably caused by the huge fluctuations of hormones in the body at the moment.
    I think you just answered you own question. Hormone levels during pct can fluctuate more then when on cycle, causing more pronounced side effects. ie hairloss.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Your folicles are comming back to life in simple terms, (mabe a little weaker than before) they are starting to grow new hairs and as a result pushing out the old resting hairs that were no longer growing.

Baba is offline Associate Member
    Sometimes not all the time but when test is done binding to receptors all that it is either excreted by the kidney or some of it molecules are dropped and becomes DHT I believe. As we all know DHT affects the hair folicles.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Guys, he said he is taking Finasteride daily, which should be preventing (or at least slowing down a great amount) DHT conversion.

So what is the problem here?

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini
    Guys, he said he is taking Finasteride daily, which should be preventing (or at least slowing down a great amount) DHT conversion.

So what is the problem here?
    finasteride only blocks like %60 percent conversion, and 500 mg is like 8x as much test. .40*8=3.2xas much DHT for 1 durring cycle. Test and hair fight as well if test is in high concentration.

Relax...continue finasteride and rogaine, hair will come home when it is ready. You made some of the folicles take a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    finasteride only blocks like %60 percent conversion, and 500 mg is like 8x as much test. .40*8=3.2xas much DHT for 1 durring cycle. Test and hair fight as well if test is in high concentration.

Relax...continue finasteride and rogaine, hair will come home when it is ready. You made some of the folicles take a nap.
    Reps.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    could be cortisol. Cortisol will rise post cycle. Cortisol is a stress hormone. Stress WILL make you shed. Not permanantly though.shouldnt

thebrakes is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos

@ 1mg i believe it's 85%. of course that's against an average person's test level, which is probably 5x less....

Baba is offline Associate Member
    In due time he will be alright.

skr0w is offline Associate Member
    Shave it bald bro.

Brent_G is offline Associate Member
    I used nizerol (sp) shampoo and it helped alot.

Quote Originally Posted by skr0w
    Shave it bald bro.

why would he shave it bald if he doesnt even want a few hairs off his head??

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Fact : Finastride and dutastride will make you shed for a short period of time.

Fact : Rogaine will also make you shed for a short period of time.

It is a process of expelling old hair for new ones to grow.

RussK is offline New Member
    I seem to have to same problem, post cycle I seem to shed like crazy. During there was hardly any hair in the shower, now every time I shower there is a ton of them, in fact I have clogged the drain twice!

Quote Originally Posted by skr0w
    Shave it bald bro.
    Dude I have a full head of hair. Like a norwood 1-2 on the hair scale milark. No way will I be giving up .

Norwood Scale:

http://hairloss.cyberatlantis.com/li...wood_scale.php

Quote Originally Posted by king6
    Fact : Finastride and dutastride will make you shed for a short period of time.

Fact : Rogaine will also make you shed for a short period of time.

It is a process of expelling old hair for new ones to grow.
    That thought had crossed my mind. Not much else I can do but just hold out and wait for my hormones etc to become stable.

UPDATE:

Shedding has now stopped. Rub top pof head maybe one or two will fall out as opposed to the dozen i was experiencing. Hair doesn't pull out like it did,and generally seems to be re-thickening.

Roughly 2.5 month since cycle which is probably pretty much accurate due to the on/off protocol theory, i.e. hormones starting to gradually become stable once again.

Will leave it another 2 month before start next.

pr0digy9daniel is offline Associate Member
    How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by pr0digy9daniel
    How old are you?
    22 next month

Thread Information