Muscle_4_Hire is offline Associate Member

MODERATORS: How to get references?

I've never had to get references before but with the China situation going on its not too easy to get certain things right now, especially GH. Many are asking for a veteran or a moderator of a well known forum to say "this guy is legit and cool" or something like that... so how would somebody go about getting those references. Obviously they must be a board member for quite a while with a lot of posts. However, do you need to know them personally or can you just look at their membership, posts, and PMs to give that person a reference?

Much appreciated if you post anything that I can do to get myself references.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    We all know this is a community for us to support one another, share experiences as well as information.

Over the course of time, naturally some people get to know one an another and then you get what we call "e-Friends". A relatively new phenomena that has obviously become much more prominent in recent years with the simultaneous increase in internet usage. After a certain period of time, certain members of our beloved community will actually consider themselves friends. They may be separated by thousands of miles, come from totally different backgrounds, but the internet has brought them together.

This my friends is a special bond, not to be taken lightly. Man befriending Man on the internet, swapping naked pictures of their wives etc.....

This process takes time and effort, for both parties. So please, when you finally nail down that UGL source, use some common sense. Do not ask people that you do not know for reference's. Do not attempt to disparage the many relationships that have been forged online because you need a quick reference. Not only are you trivializing all "Man Friend" online relationships but you not using your head. Because anyone using their head would understand that one cannot develop these deep deep ties in mere minutes. It takes a lot of hours to earn a mans trust to the point where they will vouch for you.

So if you are in need of a reference, remember use some common sense and work on your personal network of "Man Friends".

That is all,
    Giants11
    Giants said it best the other day. You probably will NOT get any references unles you know a Mod personally. I know I would not vouch for anyone I didnt know regardless of post count or anything.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    have you ever dealt with an online source?.. if you have just ask them if you can use them as a ref for a smooth transaction.. if you havent just research a lil more and you can find a source who accepts new customers..

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    your previous source can be your reference

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    have you ever dealt with an online source?.. if you have just ask them if you can use them as a ref for a smooth transaction.. if you havent just research a lil more and you can find a source who accepts new customers..
    beat me +1

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    as Bino has stated unless we know you we will not give references,you could be anyone,sorry mate........................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    Dont understand you

Muscle_4_Hire is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by x_moe
    beat me +1

I was thinking I could do this but I didn't want to bother my source unless I knew that was the best way to get a reference.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    You're probably on your own for a while. Like everyone else said, the mods and vets aren't going to hand out references to 'strangers' since thats basically what we all are to eachother, unless you know someone on a personal level. It's frustrating for sure, but its the best way to keep things and people in check, this game is all about trust, and you cant just trust anyone.

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    strangers? awwww guys i thought u all really liked me

Like 305 said, use previous sources as refs if you did not cause them any problems.

I will not ref anyone I do not personally know either..

Thread Information