Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NYG
    NYG is offline Junior Member

Allergic Reaction or Acne from Test

I'm into my 2nd week of my first cycle of Test E (2 shots in each glute so far) and last night my shoulders broke out like crazy with red lumps as well as a little bit on my arms. I woke up this morning and it now there's a little bit on my stomach, forearms, butt, feet and a little more on my arms, even a litle on my right hand.
    I immeaditely took a shower, washed everything and took some benadryl. I'm also upping my b-5 dosage to 10g a day in hopes that it is acne.

My question is, wouldn't I have had an alergic reaction after the first or 2nd shot and not this late, days after the 4th injection? I hope this isn't a reaction but I don't remember acne itching this much.

BTW, There is nothing on my face (thank god,) it is only on my body and no absess at the injection points.

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Not sure whats causing it. It is very hard to tell without seeing it . If it is really bad or it is really bothering you please go see a doc . Its better safe than sorry..

Merc.

Blog Entries
    Also could it be some sort of heat rash ?? Does it look like acne ??

Merc.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    ive seen reactions like that from other non-AAS related items..such as laundry detergent, soap, etc..if youve changed anything that you use recently it could be that as well...

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    try to get a pic up would be easier to tell

NYG
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc.
    Also could it be some sort of heat rash ?? Does it look like acne ??

Merc.
    Some of it does, some of it doesn't. I showed a pharmacist my arm and he said it looks like bites but I explained to him that it was also on my shoulders, feet, etc. He then said it's probably an alergic reaction to "god knows what."

I'm wondering if test e could take two weeks to show some type of allergic reaction. It just doesn't make sense, I was fine for 13 days.

NYG
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    ive seen reactions like that from other non-AAS related items..such as laundry detergent, soap, etc..if youve changed anything that you use recently it could be that as well...

Only thing I've done different other than test is b-5, but i've been taking that for weeks as well.

Blog Entries
    Its hard to say. The body can act strange when it comes to things like this.( I have seen some weird reactions to certain things that had a delayed onset so you never know for sure).

Like Longhorn said it might be none related to the steroid .. Have you changed your laundry detergent, changed something in your diet you might be having a reaction to?? Is there anything else like that it that might be causing this??

Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG
    Some of it does, some of it doesn't. I showed a pharmacist my arm and he said it looks like bites but I explained to him that it was also on my shoulders, feet, etc. He then said it's probably an alergic reaction to "god knows what."

I'm wondering if test e could take two weeks to show some type of allergic reaction. It just doesn't make sense, I was fine for 13 days.

NYG
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc.
    Its hard to say. The body can act strange when it comes to things like this.( I have seen some weird reactions to certain things that had a delayed onset so you never know for sure).

Like Longhorn said it might be none related to the steroid .. Have you changed your laundry detergent, changed something in your diet you might be having a reaction to?? Is there anything else like that it that might be causing this??

Merc.
    Diet is the same except for calorie and water intake, detergant is the same been taking "finpecia", but started taking that a week prior to cycle. Have been eating turkey burger's alot but never had a problem with turkey.

Stuff kinda reminds me of the chicken pox a little, but I had that already when I was a kid.

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I mean it should be fairly easy to tell if it is acne or not. Are the bumps filled with puss, can you pop them?
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    typically acne just doesnt pop up like that all over your body in a matter of a couple of days

NYG
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    I mean it should be fairly easy to tell if it is acne or not. Are the bumps filled with puss, can you pop them?
    They are more like hives, the more I look at it the more it seems like an allergic reaction.

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    They are more like hives, the more I look at it the more it seems like an allergic reaction.

There you go brother. I'd see a doc if they don't subside.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

NYG
    Can an allergic reaction be associated with contaminated gear? Wouldn't there be signs of bacteria infection early on (Cellulitus?) The reason I ask is because I can't tell my doc I was injecting gear, but if they do blood work they'll know. I'm covered by the VA and they would terminate my medical coverage if they found test in my system.

pr0digy9daniel is offline Associate Member
    Chances are it is not the testosterone you are allergic too, but perhaps the type of oil they use is the most likely candidate... Sometimes the best you can do is try a different type of testosterone...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pr0digy9daniel
    Chances are it is not the testosterone you are allergic too, but perhaps the type of oil they use is the most likely candidate... Sometimes the best you can do is try a different type of testosterone...
    I was going to ask if the indregrednts when listed on his vial ?? I have seen some prop from a legit compounding pharm that had Propylparaben and my friend had some reaction to it . The doc said he thought it might be a reaction from that . Maybe its form something they used in the recipe maybe its not even AAS related .. Without seeing the bumps its so hard to tell ..

Merc.

NYG
    OK. i'll use my phone but the clarity sucks.

NYG
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.4 KB 
ID:	84549

Name:	tn2.jpg 
Views:	151 
ID:	84550

NYG
    Keep in mind this is also on my back, shoulders, arms, ass, right hand, little on the feet, legs and hands and spread like a wildfire, unlike acne.

Blog Entries

Name:	tn.jpg 
Views:	140 
ID:	84549

Name:	tn2.jpg 
Views:	151 
ID:	84550
    Looks worse than I expected.

Sorry for the delayed respose I am really busy today..

Please go to the DOC A.S.A.P

And please keep us posted on everything...

Merc.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Yes that doesnt look right at all.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

NYG
    Before I even read your post I went to the Doc. Two of them looked at me and they both said that the red lumps on my back looked like chicken pox and the ones on my arms looked like hives. They kept asking me what medications I was on because it seemed as though the situation was caused internally. I told them I was taking b5 recently and they shrugged it off.

I'm going to pick up my scripts in a little bit. I heard one of the docs say "Keflex." I know that's what Jack B. was on in the begining of his ordeal.
    I pray that I won't end up in the hospital like him, although I have no signs of cellulitus. I just have red bumps all over my f**king body.

I wish I could tell them the truth, but I can't. They're having me go in again Friday to see how things come along. Needless to say I'm discontinuing my cycle immeadiately and throwing the sh*t out.

This may be a stupid question but after 4 injections of 250mgs each in 2 weeks, should I even run any sort of PCT?

Going to pick up scripts. Will be back with details.

JackBauer is offline Associate Member
    I'm going to pick up my scripts in a little bit. I heard one of the docs say "Keflex." I know that's what Jack B. was on in the begining of his ordeal.
    I pray that I won't end up in the hospital like him, although I have no signs of cellulitus. I just have red bumps all over my f**king body.
    haha good to hear your alright bro, that doesnt look right at all... I still have some keflex too.. you definately dont wanna end up in the hospital... such a cluster FVck... best of luck bro

NYG
    OK, they didn't give me Keflex for some reason. They gave me Doxycycline (which does't do sh*t for me,) Hydroxyzine (which is used to treat itching from allergies) and Permethrin (topical for scabies!)

I don't know what the hell is going on. My temp and heart rate are normal. Injection points are also normal as well as no pain in the area. From the meds they gave me, it seems they think its scabies but they're not sure. I doubt this is the case, because I know something they don't. I think it's still spreading so I'll update.

BTW, anyone have an answer for the PCT question? Don't think I need to but it doesn't hurt to ask.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    I didnt start getting them real bad till about the 7th or 8th week and about a month post cycle.

Blog Entries
    Please check your PM's NYG .

Merc.

NYG
    Still spreading, going back to doc.

Blog Entries
    tell them the truth

Blog Entries
    Still spreading, going back to doc.
    OH no , so sorry to hear that.( dammit).. Please let us know your status as soon as possible..

I hope everything works out for you...

Merc.
    Last edited by Merc..; 08-30-2007 at 09:39 AM.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    dude tell them the fvcking truth... they aren't going to arrest you... how the hell are they going to diagnose the problem with the correct diagnoses if you lie to them... what is the point in lyin to them you think they are going to be disappointed in you or somethin... well either way good luck hope everything goes well!!!
    --PS-- JUST TELL THEM THE TRUTH!

Intalex81 is offline Junior Member
    I'm curious to know how this one turns out. I hope the best for the guy.

NYG
    As I said before, I'm covered by the VA. If admit use they will terminate my coverage. Also, I have never responded to the initial anti-biotic they gave me
    so they put me on something that does work for me, which is why I probably
    haven't shown signs of improvement yet.
    3rd, I have no fever and my heart rate is normal. I want to see how I respond to an anti-biotic that actually works for me before I admit anything.
    Doxycycline has NEVER worked for me. Levoflaxin works great for me.
    Since this morning no spreading has occured. I'll keep you guys updated and appreciate everyone's concern and advice.

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    I've got the same sort of reaction that started Sunday night it's on my traps, shoulder blades, back of the neck as well. I am on antibiotics right now due to a case of acute bronchitis I am getting over I am 100% sure this is because of the antibiotics. I never had this kinda reaction from the gear. Right now I've been scrubbing with the Clearsil pads then applying the cream, it seems to be helping.

Serotonin is offline Member
    Wow, after seeing those pics that is some serious shit. I didn't start seeing acne from Test E for about a month almost. You could have reacted sooner but that is some serious shit you have going on.

If it is in fact just acne I'd start using nizoral if I were you. I started getting acne real bad on my back and shoulders, two placed I'd never had it before in my life and it sucked bad. I would wash my hair, then lather up my shoulders, chest, and back with nizoral after rinsing under the shower and I'd stand out of the water for a few minutes to let it sit. I did this 2x a day, typically morning and before bed. My acne cleared up and went away in a bout a week-2 weeks.

Worth a shot for ya bro. Antibiotics never worked for me either.

billybambam is offline Banned
    I have had some acne that was was crazy, (I mean completly covering my back and shoulders), but nothing that looked like that. That looks like a rash of some type.
    I feel for you man.

NYG
    Went back to doc today for checkup (1st doctor I saw on Wed) and he said it looks like things have cooled down since the last time he saw me. Personally, I can't tell the difference but it HAS stopped spreading since taking the levofloxacin, which is def a good thing. They also prescribed Bactoban Cream. Hopefully between the 2 this sh*t will get fried off my skin.

I once had a boil the size of a golfball on my face and the levofloxacin dried it out in days. Hope this will be the case with these red pricks on my body.

Blog Entries
    Went back to doc today for checkup (1st doctor I saw on Wed) and he said it looks like things have cooled down since the last time he saw me. Personally, I can't tell the difference but it HAS stopped spreading since taking the levofloxacin, which is def a good thing. They also prescribed Bactoban Cream. Hopefully between the 2 this sh*t will get fried off my skin.

I once had a boil the size of a golfball on my face and the levofloxacin dried it out in days. Hope this will be the case with these red pricks on my body.
    Thanks for the update..

Merc.

Blog Entries
    so what was it?

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    I would go to the dermatologist asap. They have much more specialized knowledge and would know what it is inside 10 seconds.

btw, sounds like an allergic reaction to me..

NYG
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexed
    so what was it?
    Well it's not gone, it just stop spreading.

They still don't know, but def was not acne. Told me it could be folicullitus(?).
    Personally I think it is either bad reaction to the gear or a bacterial infection from gear. On the other hand, if it were a bacterial infection from the gear, I assume there would be inflamation, abcess and or pain at the injection sites, and there is none of that. So i'm guessing a bad reaction, so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information